Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Sunday 8:30 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 17, 2013 Returning September 28, 2014

Silver_Sword_14

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Fan Reviews (30)

7.6
  • Counting Down

Love this show at its best with the childish lead on it, Always making me and my friends want to see the next episode just a great show with good fun humor!
  • This is the best show on FOX right now

Summary in my own words: Brooklyn Nine-Nine follows a fictional police origination in NYC. Wow, I am so impressed with this show. It is the best cop show I've ever seen (it beat any others even though I don't watch those type of shows) and I'm glad it's mainly comedic. Also it's pretty much the best show on FOX right now. If you think New Girl and Bob's Burgers are the best shows in this network, then you're dead wrong: I think Brooklyn Nine Nine finally decided to become my favorite FOX show. The humor is always hit and almost never hit or miss for me (compared to Bob's Burgers). I really liked the cast in this show, they're my favorite of any show. My favorite character is Charles. No reason why but he's really funny. My least favorite character however is Gina, because she is really dumb and her dumbness bothered me most of the time unless it is funny (she is a hit or miss for me). Rosa isn't my favorite either, but she's okay for me. Jake and Holt are my favorite pairs and it's usually funny when the two are sharing a scene. Overall, I can describe the show as wacky, awesome, and hilarious. Keep it up writers and Fox, don't cancel it soon if the show doesn't do well next season. 10/10
  • Better and better

This show had a nice start. I can say every episode was better and better. I hope we will see more seasons.
  • Brooklyn 99/100

This show is pretty funny. Gives me a good chuckle and i look forward to watching it week after week. There may be better shows out there but that is no reason to cancel this one, it delivers. If you don't like it, don't watch it but i think 2 golden globes right off the bat speaks volumes.
  • AWESOME!!

This show is the definition of AWESOME!!
  • Great Show

bunch of idiots.... i love it, always laughing the whole time
  • Surprisingly funny

I grew up on cop shows and SNL this is right in my wheelhouse.

• An incredibly funny show that has become funnier with each episode

Easily the best new series of the fall 2013 season, B99 is a wickedly funny ensemble comedy with a first rate cast. I've liked every episode, but I feel the show has improved throughout the year, and now (it's January 2014) I am often breathless from laughter.

I see a number of reviewers seem to really dislike Andy Samberg. I'm heard the name before, but this is the first time I've seen him, and I think he does the part quite well.

It's a very silly show, so I suppose the people giving it bad ratings just don't like silly comedy or something. But I love this.
  • Has potential, but not many laughs.

This show has the potential to be really good. It has a solid ensemble cast (not as good as the best comedies out there like Community or Parks and Rec, but still good), with Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher having great chemistry and bouncing off each other really well. The main problem is located on the script. Although the humor is pretty sharp and produces a lot of chuckles, there are no laughing-out-loud moments and at times the jokes can be a bit sloppy.

So, summing up: Be Funnier!
  • Golden Globe Winner! Yeah, Baby!

Congrats B-99 and Adam on your GG wins! (This show is poised to replace BBT as my "fav network sitcom")
  • Something Different

Simply the best new comedy of the year. It's a show that demands something of the viewer. You need to actually watch in the first place to get the humor. If you're one of those people who need a laughter track to know when it's time time to laugh; find two-liners, toilet humor, racist stereotyping and sex-jokes hysterical; and all in all, just depict and embody everything that is wrong with mainstream pop culture, then this isn't for you. On the other hand, if you've got some semblance of an intellect, then go on ahead and start watching.
  • ick to the 5th drgree

Andy Samberg has to be the worst comedy actor ever, I mean he stinks bad, and really the whole show suks. How could anyone think Andy could be funny let alone bad, bad
  • LOVE IT

Not to long, funny, comic, just what i wanted :)
  • Andy Samberg is not the reason to watch this show.

Everybody else on this show is funnier than him. If you like 3rd grade humor than I guess you might like him. He just doesn't make me laugh, and It doesn't take much to get me to laugh. The show has potential because it has some top grade actors on it, but they seem to want to only showcase MR. D@#$ in a box. Come on people is this all it takes to get a show nowadays. I know kids who come up with funnier stuff. I am giving it a 3 for the other characters on the show.
  • Pleasant Surprise for the new season

If you're like me and you hear the name "Andy Samberg" then you'd think what he will be starring in is a not very clever project filled with toilet humor. Brooklyn Nine-Nine i the exact opposite, they took the cop formula and turned into a workplace comedy!

From the minds behind The Office and Parks and Rec gives us a comedy with no canned laughter, over rated actors (Yes, I am describing you're comedies CBS!) and great chemistry with the cast.
  • Poisoned

3.5
    Maybe a production assistant will read, maybe not. This is one of the Fall shows the networks poison on torrents and usenet. Watch it live or record on home DVR or not at all. :( While the executives might think they are being clever, they perhaps don't realize that instead of telling folks grassroots style how enjoyable the show is--the opposite happens. No matter how good the show--once the networks poison the scene--the scene poisons the show.

From New York City, to Kansas City, to Carson City--the same bad reviews get spread. "If you are a fan of Honey BooBoo you'll love "This is a great show for those that never got out grade school", etc..

So maybe if you are involved with production of a show being poisoned--show the folks this post and ask if they want to be the next Revolution. (Noticed Revolution isn't being poisoned
  • Not worth my time

I watched the first four episodes and I am definitely under-impressed. There are a couple of (predictable) chuckles in each episode, but definitely not worth my time.

I use Windows 7 Media Center with 10 tuners (6 CableCARD, 4 antenna) with enough disk space to record 500+ hours of HDTV. This allows me to record everything that looks even remotely interesting, watch it on up to 6 TV's in my house (without any monthly subscription costs like TiVo)... and even includes the "pause in one room and start watching where I left-off in another room" thing... and then decide at a later time whether or not it is worth watching.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine rates in the NOT category by a mile. I deleted them and cancelled the series recording schedule.

Cancel it. Not worth my time. On the "funny scale" it rates a 3.5 at best.
  • Keep Up!

Nice funny show. The writing has significant hilarious pieces every minute. Humor quality is good. Only the characters are too many. I think this show should continue for a long time. Awesome.
  • Funny but...

Andy Samberg is not believable as a cop. I really like Andy and I love The Lonely Island. The Brooklyn Nine-Nine cast is incredibly talented. Andre Braugher is a legend is my opinion. They all are funny and the episodes have been clever thus far. But the show is missing something and I think that it's all on Andy. I'm not sure what he could do to come off as more believable but he needs to do something.
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....

3.5
    CANCEL THIS SHOW. I know how difficult it is to produce a show but this one just has to go. The cast does not have synergy or continuity. I appreciate the effort but it's just not funny.
  • Andy Samburg Disappoints in this Character, Otherwise Really Funny

I enjoy this off-beat ensemble, with the exception of Andy Samberg, who just annoys me so well I dislike the character and think he's the weakest link. I LOVE Andre Braugher in this, he's hilarious. So good to see him staying busy. Hope Samberg can find a less annoying annoying groove, the show could really reach its strong potential.
  • Pretty Good

I think this is a pretty good show. After watching the trailer, I was very excited to see the pilot and luckily it fulfilled my expectations. It has a great cast and is very funny. I also really enjoy seeing Adam Samberg and Andre Braugher perform. They are a great pairing. I can't wait till the next episode.
  • new kind of funny

I (y)
  • Unique and Funny!

I really enjoy Andy Samberg perform, I always thought he was funny in Saturday Night Live and now he has his own show and he is kiscking it!

This show bring comedy in a new detective action funny way! and I enjoyed the first episode and I will consider watching, as in my opinion its going to be one of the best shows to start this year.
  • Alright

A bit of a slowish start but I reckon it has the legs for a strong finish. If they pull it around to a good ensemble show and not "the Andy Samberg Show" it'll stay. It's the ensembles that run. I like it though and got some good laughs straight off the bat. They filled a few of the back stories quickly and did a good job of setting up the series in the 20 odd minutes allocated. TV needs a few more good sitcoms.
  • good start

it is looking as a good serial but it is not as much good as i expected.
  • Try hard

The first thirty seconds where funny then I got bored. It tries too hard to be funny.
  • I guess if you like SNL this is the show for you.

Unfortunately I am not a fan. This was hard to watch, and I almost just switched the TV off half way through. The acting was pretty wooden and one-note (Samberg is the same character he always plays).

The plot was nothing really new and the only character I felt was well thought out and developed was the new captain (Andre Braugher). This may be due more to his incredible acting ability more than the strengths of the writing staff.

While I will not be watching this again, I have a feeling this will probably make it due to the younger (under 25) viewers.
  • Hilarious

This was fantastic. I was excited the first time I saw the preview of the show some months back. I can't believe it lived up to it. I can't wait for the next episode, and I hope is doesn't fade out. Plus no laugh track (stupid "Dads").
  • Loved it !!

I was really excited to see the pilot and my expectations were higher than the crowd at a Snoop concert. Happy to say they were fulfilled and I'm equally excited to see the next episode. I'd love to see just how crazy scary Rosa Diaz can get.