Brothers (1984) Forums

Showtime (ended 1989)

BROTHERS is coming to DVD!!!!

Ajar1

[1]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 1

Hello!
    I've been a fan of the show for a long time and back in February, I contacted Showtime to see if it was ever going to be released on DVD...

Then on June 19th I recieved an email from Showtime...
    <<Subject
    Is your series "Brothers" available on DVD?

Discussion Thread
    Response (Tony) 06/19/2006 10:58 AM
    We are pleased to announce that the series "Brothers" will be released on DVD on September 19th.

Thank you,
    Showtime Customer Service >>

I can't wait! I have copies of SOME of the eps on Video - some are direct recordings - but most are copies of copies of copies...

I had just started transferring them to DVD - even though the quality isn't the best, I wanted to have any copy of this brilliant series to cherish forever...

I was so happy to see all these characters again - all of them so well written!!!

I took it over to my Mother's, she was in her bedroom and i turned on her TV and put the dvd in her players and as soon as she heard the theme song - she ran into the living room!

We watched a couple eps and laughed so hard - we both LOVED the series!

Then out of the clear blue I got that e-mail!!!

I told my Mother about it and said she could borrow mine and she told me no - she said she's going to buy her own copy!

I've turned alot of my friends on to series like FarScape, Roswell, The 4400, Firefly - now I can get them all hooked on BROTHERS too!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ajar1

[2]Jul 4, 2006
    And I had to admit - I giggled when I was transferring the old videos to dvd...
    There was a disclaimer at the beginning of the show...
    "Due To Mature Subject matter..." - LOL

The show was so tame - by today's standards...

I remember that I saw my first male/male on screen kiss in the ep where Cliffy has the rich boyfriend...
    One of my all time fave eps...

KarenHlly

[3]Jul 5, 2006
    • level: 27

This is exceptionally GREAT news!!

Now I suppose I should stop transferring them from video to DVD so as not to waste DVDs.

Hey, this is the second time this year I've starting transferring shows from video to DVD to discover they were being released (the other time was The Rat Patrol).  Maybe I should start transferring some other shows I want on DVD so they'll show up!

KarenHlly

[4]Jul 5, 2006
    • level: 27
    Ajar1 wrote:
    And I had to admit - I giggled when I was transferring the old videos to dvd... There was a disclaimer at the beginning of the show... "Due To Mature Subject matter..." - LOL The show was so tame - by today's standards... I remember that I saw my first male/male on screen kiss in the ep where Cliffy has the rich boyfriend... One of my all time fave eps...
    Ha, isn't it the truth? Even taking into account when it aired, I didn't see anything that provocative at the time (with the possible exception of a few swear words here and there). I think my favorite episodes are "Donald's Dad," "The Stranger" (which I was in the audience for the taping of, so I have an automatic bias there), "You Brought a New Kind of Love to Me" (Donald's prance out of the shower singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" is a riot), and "Leave It to Cleavage."

julmkt

[5]Oct 16, 2006
    Hello i see i'm not the only fan of "Brothers". Ajar1, by any chance, would you like to bartar on copies of that show? I am really in need of some good laughs. I think i taped almost every episode, but sadly it all burned in a fire. I use to tape a bunch of sitcoms including one with lane davies when the so called world ended, but that too went up in flames. So let me know, I am very interested. thanks.

iopsab1

[6]Nov 16, 2006
    I am helping a friend of mine find this series on DVD to purchase as a Christmas gift for another friend. We cannot find it being sold anywhere. I saw your post and was hoping you clue me in on where I can purchase this series.. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

spyderdrvr

[7]Feb 4, 2009
    I taped the program back when it aired and I'm trying to convert to DVD but find I'm missing 3 full VHS tapes with about 18 episodes or so. (seasons 2 and 3?) I'd like to transfer them in order if I can find the missing episodes.

masclthrcub

[8]Apr 22, 2011
    AJAR ---------- "What do you mean to tell EVERYONE that the show has been released. If it had been released which it hasn't as I have been a fan since the show was on the air back in 1984 and have been looking for it to be released for YEARS !!! So where is it that you bought it from ? If your in the states it hasn't been released here yet at all. What are you smoking ? Makes me angry that you posted such a hoax getting my hopes up that it had. I have done my RESEARCH here and it's not been released to the public yet least not in the states. YET !!!

masclthrcub

[9]Apr 22, 2011

What do you mean to tell EVERYONE that the show has been released. If it had been released which it hasn't as I have been a fan since the show

was on the air back in 1984 and have been looking for it to be released for YEARS !!! So where is it that you bought it from ?

If your in the states it hasn't been released here yet at all. What are you smoking ? Makes me angry that you posted such a hoax getting my hopes up

that it had. I have done my RESEARCH here and it's not been released to the public yet least not in the states. YET !!!