TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Brothers (1984) Forums

Showtime (ended 1989)

Help finding episodes of "Brothers" Showtime cable sitcom

Greenduke

[1]Feb 7, 2006
    • level: 1
    I am interested in obtaining all episodes of this sitcom. I have been unsuccessful in finding them anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should look?

Airs: Wednesday 8:00 PM on Showtime (25 mins)
    Premiered July 1, 1984
    Show Category: Comedy

Lou, Joe, and Cliff Waters are three brothers living in south Philadelphia. The older brothers receive the shock of their lives when youngest brother Cliff runs away from the altar on what is supposed to be his wedding day. His reason: he's gay.

Lou is the oldest and a construction worker. He insists that someone talked Cliff into being a homosexual. Middle brother Joe is a former pro football player who runs a restaurant, is overprotective of teenage daughter Penny, and tries to maintain peace between his two brothers. Cliff is the youngest brother. He frequently finds himself in arguments with his brothers and with his best friend, flamboyantly gay writer/editor Donald Maltby.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ajar1

[2]Jul 4, 2006
    Hello!
    I've been a fan of the show for a long time and back in February, I contacted Showtime to see if it was ever going to be released on DVD...

Then on June 19th I recieved an email from Showtime...
    Subject
    Is your series "Brothers" available on DVD?

Discussion Thread
    Response (Tony) 06/19/2006 10:58 AM
    We are pleased to announce that the series "Brothers" will be released on DVD on September 19th.

Thank you,
    Showtime Customer Service

SuziQ1206

[3]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    I've not had much luck either. I only have one episode, Moving Out and the quality is ok, but not great. I know that Brandon has some episodes, though not sure how many. I've seen clips of them on his website. I only have the one cause his son Garett is in it. Sadly, I never had Showtime during the time the show aired. Good luck finding them and let us know if you do.

depki

[4]Mar 8, 2007
    I have about half of the episodes.  The quality is ok.  I would love to find the half I don't have to get the entire series.  Anyone want to trade?

PNightbird

[5]Jun 22, 2007

Hi Guys,

I have just created a petition for Showtime to bring this wonderful series on DVD. It is so frustrating that they don't pay proper respect to this series and allow it's millions of fans to purchase and enjoy it. Please be among the first people to sign this petition, and hopefully we can get the ball rolling on this! Also, please tell your friends to sign this petition too, hopefully with enough signatures, we can get them to change their mind on this. Here is the petition address, and thanks!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/BrothersTVSeriesDVD

Corny_rex

[6]Jan 4, 2008
    Hey guys:

Funny I have at least 15 VHS tapes with 6 episodes a piece of the reruns when the show was being broadcasted 2 episodes a night on old KOFY-20 here in San Francisco. Of course they are edited for commercial tv. I have not watched the tapes, they are sitting in my garage in a huge plastic container, in over 16 years! I just got a DVD-R for my tv.

paartz1

[7]Mar 23, 2008
    I just found and signed up for this site looking for Brothers. cant seem to get on to post yet. to Corny_rex - I am interested in buying copies of the episodes, please, respons to wiccansteelmagnolia@yahoo.com thanks.

paartz1

[8]Mar 24, 2008
    If you have the episodes on vhs tapes I am interested in buying them and if you make copies on DVD I am interested in buying them too. please email me wiccansteelmagnolia@yahoo.com

paartz1

[9]Mar 27, 2008
    Corny_rex wrote:
    Hey guys:

Funny I have at least 15 VHS tapes with 6 episodes a piece of the reruns when the show was being broadcasted 2 episodes a night on old KOFY-20 here in San Francisco. Of course they are edited for commercial tv. I have not watched the tapes, they are sitting in my garage in a huge plastic container, in over 16 years! I just got a DVD-R for my tv.

paartz1

[10]Mar 27, 2008
    Please contact me about the Brothers episods, I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for the episodes you have put on DVD. Please let me know if you cand copy them and how much you want.

spyderdrvr

[11]Feb 3, 2009

I recorded the shows from Showtime when they aired but am missing most of season 2 and 3. (3 vhs tapes). I have just started converting them to DVD, and while the quality is fair (it was my first VHS machine) they are watchable.

Do you have season 2 and 3?

purecajn

[12]May 29, 2014

You can watch them herehttp://www.tubeplus.me/player/759091/Brothers/