Brother's Keeper

ABC (ended 1999)

Brother's Keeper Fan Reviews (3)

6.3
  • Ruined by being on TGIF

Brother's Keeper was a show about a single dad raising a 9 year old boy. The father was a college professor who taught his son many facts and how to enjoy learning.

Then comes along the uncle, an immature guy who plays for the San Fransisco 49ers. He moves in and is the opposite of his professor brother. This show aired in 1998 as a part of the TGIF line up on ABC. It ran for 1 season of 23 episodes and then was canceled. I think that the reason it was canceled was because it was aimed at an audience slightly older than the TGIF crowd. The TGIF crowd was generally early to mid teenagers, and Brother's Keeper was aimed at adults, mainly. The fact that it had a 9 year old in it didn't stop it from containing more mature subject matter. I wouldn't deny a young teenager from watching it, but if this show had been marketed towards an adult audience, it probably would have lasted several seasons. I watched this show again on Hulu.com recently, and I thought it was a very funny show, a show that deserved more than a slot on a teenage Friday night line up.