Brothers & Sisters

Father Unknown

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 24, 2011 on ABC

• Some of the storylines might not be great, but the way they were handled here was brilliant.

So Sarah is Brody's daughter. I knew this from reading spoilers, and wasn't exactly fond of this repetitious storyline. However, the way it was handled in this episode was funny and quite original. Nora and Justin trying to get the DNA test done was amusing, especially the scene when the three of them were all hiding things. Sarah's reaction to the news was at first what you'd expect, shock. But I liked how there wasn't a massive blow-up row over it. She accepted it, and moved on. For now anyway.

Kevin and Scotty have a baby boy, who Michelle stole. That's a rather random reveal, but it was done excellently in this episode. There fight was brilliantly acted and intense. As was the cliff-hanger of baby Daniel being put in Justin's hands, and Olivia asking 'Who's is that baby?' How will Kevin and Scotty explain this one.

Justin stood out here, and he has grown hugely as a character. I loved when you told Nora and Kevin to just be honest with each other. Now, Brody will be back - how will Sarah react? Will he get back with Nora? How will Olivia take the news that she has a baby brother? When will Kitty finally return? So many questions for the final two episodes of the show. I'm intrigued...
  • Comedy-drama or dramatic comedy?

This episode was all over the map, in a good way! I think Matthew Rhys (Kevin) works well as a director, helping squeeze the laughs out of scenes that other directors may not see as funny. The hilarious encounter between Nora-Justin-Sarah when they are all trying to hide things from each other was truly over-the-top! Later, the show takes a decidedly serious turn with the Nora-Justin-Kevin scene where the truth comes out about Kevin & Scotty's baby AND Sarah's parentage. Many of the scenes in this episode hinge on Dave Annable's (Justin) ability to straddle the line between absurd comedy and tragedy. What a great actor! The episode also benefits from a good subplot involving Luc and Saul coming up with a wedding song for Sarah. There was a lot of fun and warmth in this offering. We laughed and we wondered how the latest crises would affect the Walkers, especially Olivia in the final moments, who now has a new baby brother. Completely entertaining.
  • Justin kept secrets of almost everybody's. Nora's and his-Brody is Sarah's dad, Sarah's and his-she was going to take Nora to Mexico, Kevin's and his-Kevin had a son he never knew. So, Justin got confused.

Nora was so heartbroken after Brody just left her without saying goodbye, Justin knew why Brody left-it's because of Brody could be Sarah's dad so he didn't want for Nora to be more heartbroken, so then he left. Justin couldn't help himself from telling that to Nora, he acted weird so Nora told him to spill it out, and he did. Nora and Justin kept this secret from everybody else. Nora had Brody's hat, Justin took some of Sarah's hair and checked if they matched and it was positive. Kevin told Justin that he found out that Michelle, Kevin and Scotty's surrogate, lied to them-actually she didn't get a miscarriage and she had a son named Daniel. In the other hand, Sarah is planning to take her mum, Nora to Mexico to have fun and forget about Brody and she told Justin not to tell Nora. Justin got confused because was everybody's confidant.
  • Very, very funny, and very, very suspenseful! A brilliant episode in truly any and every way!

This was a very good episode of Brothers & Sisters, and I definitely really enjoyed it! First of all, I must comment ofn the comedy aspect of things, as it was all definitely really hilarious! Justin keeping about seven concurrent secrets was just so hilarious to watch, as the poor guy was trying to keep so many secrets from one another!

A lot of interesting developments take place in and throughout this episode! I was definitely very enthralled in the action, as this show continues to deliver! The storyline was great, and everything from the paternity test to the baby was great!

I would not spoil any more, but this episode was scintillating and phenomenal! I definitely must recommend it, and I am anxious to see how things will pan out next week!

Great episode, and I hope the last two are just as good!