Brothers & Sisters Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

It's been canceled

bdancer99

[1]May 13, 2011
    • level: 11

So it has now been confirmed that abc has cancelled brothers and sisters, which means that the season finale last sunday is the last ever episode of brothers and sisters i'm gonna miss this show much, but i guess abc didn't think it was worth keeping. what do you think: was brothers and sisters ready to end, or should it have stayed for more seasons.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]May 13, 2011
    • level: 13

how do i feel? well pissed off actually. cause the show deserved ONE LAST & Final Season. even though the last episode that aired this past Sunday actually was a suitable ending. i say it again like i said on the IMDB board. i'm thrilled that they changed their mind on having it be a cliff-hanger which was what it was going to be. my guess is they to be safe changed it. & though it felt like the end of the series anyways

it still pisses me off.

alvarojm

[3]May 13, 2011
    • level: 13

Best show ever!!!! It should stay for a couple seasons more at least!

mondler4eva

[4]May 13, 2011
    • level: 5
    i am gonna miss it so muuccchhh... it is the best tv show that i've ever seen.. though the 5th season finale was a great ending for the season AND the series, i'd like to see a couple more seasons.. i guess i'll just watch it all over again from the very beginning..

marknmo

[5]May 13, 2011
    • level: 12
    I for one am happy that it has been put out of its misery. I LOVED the first 4 seasons of the show, but the writers this season just made so many bad choices and handled almost every situation in a way that left no lasting impression upon me (and from what I hear, a lot of other viewers). I do think the finale was great, but I'm ready to say goodbye to this show.

I miss Holly. I miss Rebecca. I miss having the whole family togeether all the time. I didn't like the idea they were tossing around of returning with EVEN LESS Kitty than we had in season 5. I HATED Brody. There just wasn't anything left for me to really hold onto this season.

Goodbye Brothers & Sisters. I loved you for so many years, but you got old and went senile. Now it's a relief that you've been euthanized.

checko101

[6]May 16, 2011

I'm sad...I need my cookie dough ice cream...I'm going to watch Brothers and Sisters all day. ),=

CindyRod

[7]May 17, 2011
    • level: 2

It is horrible to see such a great show be canceled!!!!! I honestly believe if it was given a better time slot during the course of the week ratings would sky rocket. You must understand with the economy I'm sure many households would love to see the show but it is on Sundays very late and the next day one must wake up to go to work. Not many can afford to record on their DVR. It is really ashame to see such a realistic show about family come to an end with great casting members. It is quite disappointing how others manage to stay on television when their concepts are either trashy. When this is truth, traditional and part of someone else's reality. Reconsider to support this show.

Cindy Rodriguz

Monroe, NY Good Luck to the cast!!!!

crocgirl71

[8]May 19, 2011
    • level: 10

marknmo wrote:
    I for one am happy that it has been put out of its misery. I LOVED the first 4 seasons of the show, but the writers this season just made so many bad choices and handled almost every situation in a way that left no lasting impression upon me (and from what I hear, a lot of other viewers). I do think the finale was great, but I'm ready to say goodbye to this show. I miss Holly. I miss Rebecca. I miss having the whole family togeether all the time. I didn't like the idea they were tossing around of returning with EVEN LESS Kitty than we had in season 5. I HATED Brody. There just wasn't anything left for me to really hold onto this season. Goodbye Brothers & Sisters. I loved you for so many years, but you got old and went senile. Now it's a relief that you've been euthanized.
    I fully agree with you. After four great years, this season just wasn't right. Goodbye Brothers & Sisters. I'll miss you too.

djboy77

[9]May 19, 2011
    • level: 7

Looking at the season finale, it was clearly written to work as a series finale, so they had some idea that they were possibly done. Which, if you're going to get cancelled, it's the better way to get cancelled. Rather than ending awkwardly and abruptly on a cliffhanger or a major unresolved thread. So, at this point another season would have been gravy, and there's just no gravy.

Which is not to say it's not a bit disappointing, but it had a good run and they did their thing. I'm more disappointed Outsourced has ended.

saphire382

[10]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

sorry to say, but it ran its course. if they had given us anoda season it would have been pure misery.

drog2000

[11]May 22, 2011
    • level: 18
    I wish they would have kept it for another year - it went well with Desperate Housewives.

naldro

[12]May 22, 2011
    • level: 30

drog2000 wrote:
    I wish they would have kept it for another year - it went well with Desperate Housewives.
    I'll admit ever since Rebecca was de Walkered--revealed that she's not their half sister, only for the purpose of pairing her up with Justin which I didn't like, the show went off course. And also since Balthazar Getty left the show and returned in a recurring role, the show lost it's most stable male presence. I thought it was only a matter of time before they were cancelled. And especially since Holly's presence was also reduced. There's noone for Nora to go off on. But there were a few intersting developments, like the revelation that Sarah was not father by William. It would have knocked Nora off her high horse. Ever since they found out William was not faithful to Nora, she would always go on about the betrayal but when in fact the original betrayal was hers. And it wold have been interesting to see how the family interacted with Brody and his family. He has five children. Maybe the focused could have switched to his family a little. And Justin was pursuing his ex, Tyler whom I preferred over Rebecca, who's married. I would like to see them together. And Saul's guy proposed to him. I would like to see him get married. And Sarah married Luc, I would like to see what happens to them.And Kitty's pregnant, i would like to see her give birth. Let's hope they reconsider or maybe they make a tv movie.

zap_niles

[13]May 24, 2011
    • level: 6

I'm ticked off, too, enough so that once the shows I currently watch on ABC are also cancelled, I'll never turn to that channel again. Time and time again, that channel has disappointed, putting on some excellent shows, then yanking them when those shows don't match the outrageously inflated numbers enjoyed by Dancing With The Wannabe Stars. Face it, in several more years, there will be absolutely ZERO scripted shows left on the major networks. It's all about the supposed demand for nothing but reality crap. GIVE ME A BREAK! The last thing the audience is demanding, sorry to say, is more talk shows, bachelor shows, dancing shows, singing shows, talentless shows, losing weight shows, apprentice shows, and all the other nonsensical crap that's being forced down our throats simply because they're cheap to produce and the network executives can put a ton of talented people out of work while upping their own f*cking too-high salaries! ABC crossed the line several weeks ago when they decided to dump All My Children and One Life To Live just because it's cheaper to churn out a food show called The Chew! Insanity!!!!!! I haven't watched NBC for years, and now ABC will be the next on my "never again" list, and I'm sure it will be followed swiftly by a boycott of CBS once they pull the same crap. Days of quality and scripted dramas and comedies are over....now is the age of cheaply produced reality shows and huge executive paychecks. Ten years from now, when no one is watching the 3 major networks any more, they will scratch their balding heads and wonder where the hell all the viewers went.....

BonnieRexeus

[14]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 1

That stinks that it ended. I was looking forward to next season. ABC messed up I feel

danny7277

[15]Jun 5, 2011

gutted that it has been canceled, think it should have been given one last season to wraap things up !!

MariaNicholls1

[16]Jun 8, 2011

i think it should end its lost its spark

NicolaJenkins

[17]Jun 11, 2011

I love Brothers and Sisters, dont cancel, its fab....................

NicolaJenkins

[18]Jun 11, 2011

I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taffnicky66

[19]Jun 14, 2011
    I love this show - it is my guilty pleasure when the family are either asleep or at work/school - I always record it! I haven't seen the final episode yet; I am watching on More4. now I know it the last ever, I will savour it. I am very sad to see it go, very few shows have you laughing and crying the way that this does. I would be lovely perhaps to see how they all are doing 5 or 10 years from now for a season- like they did with Desparate Housewives. REALLY DON'T WANT IT TO FINISH. Why have ABC cancelled it then?

danny7277

[20]Jun 14, 2011
    devestated it was a great series, it should have gotten one more season