Brothers & Sisters

Mistakes Were Made, Part 1 (a.k.a. Glass Jumps)

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 12, 2006 on ABC

• A moving episode that ends on a bit of a cliffhager as the family waits to see if Justin will make it. Told partly in flashback we get to see Tom Skerrit again, which make the episode even better.

I thought this was a well developed and very reavealling episode. Through the clever use of flashbacks we are shown how 9/11 impacted on the members of the Walker family. Kitty was in New York and the horror on her parents and Justin's face when they saw the news bulletin was how I imagine it must of been for anyone who had family in New York that day.

Justin is recalled to Iraq and sprials quickly out of control when Kevin can offer no suggestions for a way out. He returns to drugs and plans to disappear into Mexico.

Kevin finally has to say goodbye to Scotty, after finally realising that Kitty was right and he was treating him badly.

Sarah manages to balance making her stepson feel like a "real" member of the family (I hope she organises a plate for him though) whilst cracking the password on the account that hides the missing millions. Beautifully acted by Rachel Griffiths I might add.

The episode ends with the whole family waiting in the hopsital after Justins overdose. I am fully expecting the next episode (part two) to be even stronger than this one.

Great writing and fabulous acting make this show one of my favourites. I cannot wait each week to find out what will happen next to the Walker clan, so disfunctional and yet so strongly bonded. What a glorious family to be part of.