heaven's gate?

blackula19

[1]Jun 17, 2006
    • level: 3
    is there any chance that marshall applewhite, the leader of the heaven's gate suicide cult, appeared in an episode of buck rogers?  in the "blast for buck" clip show episode, there was a guy who looks a lot like him and i know he pursued all kinds of strange endeavors before he settled on cult leader, so i was wondering if it's a possibility, it could have also been the guy from lost in space, does anyone know?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Scopeless

[2]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 9

blackula19 wrote:
    is there any chance that marshall applewhite, the leader of the heaven's gate suicide cult, appeared in an episode of buck rogers? in the "blast for buck" clip show episode, there was a guy who looks a lot like him and i know he pursued all kinds of strange endeavors before he settled on cult leader, so i was wondering if it's a possibility, it could have also been the guy from lost in space, does anyone know?

I just watched this episode a couple weeks ago on Sci-Fi!  You're right...he bears a lot of similarities with that guy.

Synetech

[3]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 22
    Wasn't Heaven's Gate the one where they believed that a spaceship hidden in a comet would take them all away to paradise? Perhaps he was deranged or something and thought Buck Rogers was real.