Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Becoming, Part 1 (1)

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 12, 1998 on The WB

• Finally seeing Angel(us) past and the slayer gets slayed

I loved that we finally got to see Angel get turned and that we got to see his gypsy curse being performed. There was so much development in his character and in the family that he was making. This one had more of Drusilla too.

It was also amazing because you could really see that Buffy was on some level ready to kill Angel. Ever since Jenny's death in "Passion" Buffy was building up to where she was here. It was great to see that she was ready for what she knew was eventually going to happen, and it was even greater because they found the reason that Jenny died. They found the spell that could cure him and bring him back and it was great to see that after Buffy finally seemed resolved to kill Angel.

I loved the gang at lunch. Synder as always made everything greater. I loved Xander and Cordy joking around and then Synder coming and yelling at them for public displays of affection. Cordy was great when Synder walked away and she went on about him having a bug up his butt.

I enjoyed the gangs response to Willow and Buffy finding the disc with Angel's cure on it. Xander was not gonna win any supportive friend awards for his speech there. I loved that Cordy actually backed him up.

I enjoyed the return of Kendra as well. She was great in the library and it was so sad and scary when Dru killed her. I still cannot believe that Buffy took Angel's bait and met him like that.

An Amazing episode.