Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Becoming, Part 1 (1)

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 12, 1998 on The WB

• 'Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that.'

Ah, part I of the amazing season 2 finale ‘Becoming’

The first part is mostly filled with flashbacks where we learn about how Angelus got made and how Angel met Buffy.

The teaser begins with a beautifully filled flashback of Angel when he was human (Liam) meeting a mysterious noble woman who asks him if he wants to see her world, it’s Darla who turns him into a vampire.

The flashbacks continue with more of Angelus and when he was cursed with a soul and turned into Angel and made to suffer. We also see him meeting a man, well demon named Whistler who gave him a second chance and told him to guard a girl. It was Buffy, we see her first time slaying and everything. Angel decides to take it and look after her.

We also see a Drusilla flashback of when she was human going to a father, it was Angelus on the other side that had just killed the father and told her to give into evil because she’s the spawn of Satan for having the visions she has.

Anyway, meanwhile there is a man who found a tomb and he thinks that it has something important buried in it. He calls Giles and tells him to wait for a while, naturally it was a dumb thing to do and Angelus and Dru come to pick it up and murder that man.

Meanwhile they open it and it has a demon named Acathla who is going to swallow the world but first, Angelus has to open it. He does the ritual but it doesn’t work, so he plans to go back for some old friends.

Meanwhile, Willow and Buffy found a disk of Jenny which she dropped in ‘Passion’ that has the cure. Willow knows a little bit about magic and is willing to help, but it’s different for Xander who desperately wants Angelus dead because of what he did to Jenny.

Also Kendra is back in the mix and she brought a sword for Buffy that can stop Acathla. Buffy had a message and is going to fight Angelus, she hopes to beat him but that Willow will cure him before she has to kill him.

But sadly, it was a trap and the scoobies get seriously damaged when Xander has his arm broken and Willow has a book case bushed onto her. Drusilla also is in for the fight and she murders Kendra with her finger nail. After Buffy finds out what really was gonna happen she runs back but is already late, Giles is taken away and Kendra is dead on the floor.

‘Big moments are gonna come. You can’t help that, you’ll see what I mean’

To be continue.