The WB (ended 2003)
As @Jessicakroeber recently posted an article featuring a top 10 episodes I've been jonesing to make one of my own! So before I start I want to mention that most of these episodes are here for sentimental purposes and are all based on what I think. Secondly, I will not include "Once More, With Feeling" or "The Body" since they are both loved by everyone and would not allow me to show off some other episodes I love as well. Now I've spent enough time on OMWF's karaoke to know that episode can dominate a top 10 and I know that the emotional "The Body" is indescribable so I'm not even going to try!

Let's initiate the top 10!

10. Grave (Season 6, Episode 22)

Oh Xander, how I love thee. His speech sent my manliness down the drain.. I hate to admit it but it was a stroke of genius not to have Buffy kick Willow's ass back to senses but rather use the life long friendship of Xander and Willow to create what I call "the crayon scene". This episode represented so many things to me but mainly the dark abyss that you can succumb to if you're not careful and Joss took one of the most innocent characters and flipped the table on us (like usual, am I right?!)

9. Lies My Parents Told Me (Season 7, Episode 17)

Best episode of Season 7, IMO. Very close with "Chosen" and "Showtime" though. This episode gave us more insight into what makes Spike... well Spike! He was momma's boy once and we get to see what internal struggles arise when these memories of her are used against him. Not only those but also the physical ones that he faces when Robin decides this is as good a time as any to exact his revenge. Just loved it and I could watch it over and over again!

8. Doppelgangland (Season 3, Episode 16)

This is just one hilarious episode that gave us some more bad-assery from "The Wish". Vampire Willow is just so fiendish and then comes innocent Willow and steals the show. My oh my, was this a fun one. From the waving to Oz in the Bronze, to Willow getting stuck in the blonde girl hair whilst combing it, you can't help but to laugh at her great acting. Oh, and poor evil Willow for the ending. You'd think that the world that didn't suck would suck less...

Well put evilicious Will, well put indeed.

7. Becoming, Part 2 (Season 2, Episode 22)

This episode was one of the many reasons Buffy was great! Joss Whedon knows how to slap your face in with all the things he do, and he continues until you beg him never to stop (we all know it's true). This episode is one of the reasons I think Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be great as soon as Joss get's far enough to start messing around, really mess around that is. The ending was marvelous, the fight scenes were great, Spike was hilarious like usual and everything was just perfect.

*SPOILER ALERT*

6. Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered (Season 2, Episode 16)

Now, I'm a huge Xander fan. Everything Xander-y is my jam! This episode was mainly a filler apart from showing Xander's desperation and Angelus disgust and surprise in Drusilla's choice of men, but it was so charming. I mean Buffy became a rat for crying out loud! Oh, and Oz punched Xander in the face for rejecting his girlfriend (he didn't know that but I think he'd hug Xander if he did). Cordelia, you should've let the relationship not fix itself.

5. The Gift (Season 5, Episode 22)

The one episode that manages to send me into tears each and every time I watch it. I'm a grown man but that seems to not be a factor when I'm in a fetal position as Buffy gives her speech. Not only this but this episode features a kick ass Buffybot, a loving Spike and a cold-hearted Giles (is that even possible!?!?) Gosh, was this a great finalé.. If not the greatest!

4. Fool For Love (Season 5, Episode 7)

This episode answered the question we've all been asking since "School Hard"; How did Spike kill two slayers? Well, we get some backstory on William the Bloody AKA Spike and we see what a pouf he used to be. Then we also get some insight into just how come he turns out to be the baddest of them all. The slayer scenes were amazing and the overlapping between present and past was excellent. The way that Buffy rejected Spike was just amplified by the ending and it was an overall excellent episode that I can watch a hundred bloody times over!

3. The Zeppo (Season 3, Episode 13)

Didn't expect this one did yah? Nope, didn't think so. This is by far one of my favorite Xander episodes and I just find this one so pivotal to his character. He saves the world without even telling anyone, no one but the audience (how is that not heroic). Cordelia walks around pestering him and oh was that ending satisfying when she can't figure out why her words aren't hurting him :') Yeah I love this episode so darn much.

Don't ever stop talking Xander... NEVER!

2. Hush (Season 4, Episode 10)

I would expect myself to put this one as no. 1 but not this time.. Nope, this time it's number two! Easily the most eerie and creepy episode of Buffy, it is also easily one of the greatest. How can Joss Whedon make a masterpiece of a episode without the characters even being able to speak. I mean before this I was convinced that the only thing he had rooting for him (apart from character development and plot twists) was his dialogs. He really changed my mind there and enlightened me! Joss, I love you for this and many other things. The Gentlemen are still haunting me as they are some of the freakiest creatures I never wish to ever ever ever see outside my window. Seriously that jump-scare worked so well because it was so perfectly executed!

1. Passion (Season 2, Episode 17)

This episode in my book was the first time I said.. Who made this show? Who is the genius behind all this? Angelus is just so perfect in this episode and the monologs sum up everything perfectly. Jenny Calendar's death was so perfect and inevitable but it's what happens after that gives it the impact it had. Angelus does what he does best and makes Giles suffer and gave us the extraordinary telephone scene in Buffy house where Willow bursts into tears and Buffy as well whilst Angelus indulges at the sight of the reactions. This episode is what solidifies everyones opinions on Angel and it's just great to see how he earned the hatred of everyone with simply one act (you'd think killing Willow's fish would be enough right?). So yeah, LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

Peace out Buffy lovers.

I'll be doing one of these on Angel as well in the near future!

56 Comments
Follow this Show
Members