The WB (ended 2003)
Lately I have Buffy on the brain. The other day I walked in on my friend dancing & giggling to the Angel theme song. So, hey, let’s all enjoy this Buffy streak! Want to know what the best episodes of everyone’s favorite Whedon show are? Well, let’s count them down.

Remember that these episodes were rated by TV.com users just like yourself! Want to know how to see those ratings? More on that later. First, we have a date with Mr. Pointy.

10. Chosen (Season 7, Episode 22)
The series finale! It’s only fitting that this one is on this list. I don’t even know where to begin recapping this episode. It was a fitting end to a wonderful series. Buffy has a family again, and they will survive.

9. Grave (Season 6, Episode 22)
Dark Willow is SCARY! Xander finally saves the day as he gives Willow his strength so that the dark magic can finally leave her body. Go Xander!

8. Graduation Day (Season 3, Episode 21 & 22)
Fabulous ending to an episode! The Mayor turns into a giant snake demon and the gang destroys the school in true Buffy fashion. How many schools can a girl destroy in her lifetime?

7. Innocence (Season 2, Episode 14)
This episode is pretty infamous. Buffy & Angel take their relationship to the next level and Angel turns into a soulless, blood sucking, demon again. Heartwrenching.

6. Passion (Season 2, Episode 17)
Oh no, not Ms. Calendar! But in all seriousness, the scene where Giles finds her dead body was incredibly emotional. Will Angelus ever get his soul back?

5. The Body (Season 5, Episode 16)
Yeah, this episode. I’m not surprised to find it on this list. Buffy’s mother may have been meddling at times, but she was a really big part of this show. This was a huge turning point for Buffy’s character, who now suddenly has to grow up pretty quickly. I’m getting emotional just thinking about this episode.

4. Becoming (Season 2, Episode 21 & 22)
Angel’s soul is restored! But Buffy kills him anyway. Oops. Also, Spike and Buffy form their first (of many!) alliance. Plot twist!

3. Once More, With Feeling (Season 6, Episode 7)
Ah yes, the musical episode! I thought it was a bit cheesy but this is definitely a fan favorite.

poll

2. The Gift (Season 5, Episode 22)
Buffy refuses to let her sister sacrifice herself and jumps into Glory’s portal instead. Seriously, how many times can a girl die? Death is her gift, after all.

1. Hush (Season 4, Episode 10)
Absolutely no surprise here. A whole episode without any dialogue? Brilliant. This is what great television looks like, folks.

So there you have it!

poll

Want to see what episodes were rated highest for other shows? Navigate to any episode guide and click to sort by RATINGS:

Share your findings with us!
94 Comments
Follow this Show
Members