Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Buffy Questions and Answers

abhainn_anam

[861]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 6

Hey Guys! (also- how've you been the past, like, 3-4 years?!) umm... quick question- did anyone save the PDF for the "Do buffy in a year" megathon? i got thrown into the ocean with my USB on me (very long story- not as bad as it sounds), and i lost the only copy that i QUITE INTELLIGENTLY kept on that USB. have been internet-scouring, found THIS but that link hasn't linked me to anything. did anyone else save it with them/can they re-post it? 'cause i would love you with the power of a thousand suns. if that means anything. like, fo' real

Edited on 03/17/2011 7:49pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

spikemaniac

[862]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 50
    Hey Kev!!
    Sorry, don't have it.

abhainn_anam

[863]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 6

spikemaniac wrote:
    Hey Kev!! Sorry, don't have it.
    naww boo! thanks so much though i'll just keep popping in- does doug come by much anymore? he'd probs have it, wouldn't he? he's great that way

spikemaniac

[864]Mar 22, 2011
    abhainn_anam wrote:
    does doug come by much anymore? he'd probs have it, wouldn't he? he's great that way

He's posting a bit lately on the Dollhouse Off-Topic Thread, you should try asking him in there.

SuperSaiyanTien

[865]Jul 22, 2011
    • level: 13

blackmage8472 wrote:

I'm probably just thinking too deep and should simply accept. But The First was able to rise because of adisruptionin the slayer line but did they ever specifically say which disruption? I've seen the series again recently and all I canrememberwas they were told The First is able to take power because of "a disruption." Does anyone remember whether or not it was specifically said it was because Willow and company resurrected Buffy? Or could it have been simply because a second slayer rose when Buffy was killed by the Master.

It was because of Willow's spell to revive"The Slayer" thus bringing Buffy back as a full slayer, causing the disruption. Before that there wasn't a disruption, she wasn't technically the Slayer, not really. She had all the strength and what not but Faith/Kendra was actually the active slayer at the time.

gurlonfire

[866]Aug 20, 2011
    • level: 5

This is kind of a specific question, geared towards 4x21 (Primeval).

When Spike tells Adam that he separated the Scooby Gang, he says that he failed. But he /did/ separate them, isn't that what Adam wanted?

Why did it turn out there was a flaw int he plan?
    What was even the point of separating them.

spikemaniac

[867]Aug 22, 2011
    I don't know about the rest of your question, I haven't seen season 4 in a LONG time, but Adam wanted them to be separated because they obviously work better as a team. That's why Buffy is such a powerful slayer, because she's got all these friends to help her. On their own, she is nowhere near as powerful. Also, gurlonfire, I like your username, Hunger Games fan?

angelpuppet

[868]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 11
    why isnt nobody posting anymore on glory,s appartment?

basiadora

[869]Oct 2, 2011
    • level: 1

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm not a native speaker of English, so I have a question on meaning. In s.7ep.3 (Same Time, Same Place) Xander asks a question about Giles' reaction to vanishing Willow. "Is he throwing a tasteful British wiggins?" I don't understand that at all - could someone explain what he meant?

basiadora

[870]Oct 2, 2011
    The flaw in the plan was that they needed Willow to give Buffy the plans of the place where Adam wanted her to go, and since Spike made them fall out, they were not talking to each other, so Willow wouldn't do that.

LeytonTLA

[871]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 16
    basiadora wrote:

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm not a native speaker of English, so I have a question on meaning. In s.7ep.3 (Same Time, Same Place) Xander asks a question about Giles' reaction to vanishing Willow. "Is he throwing a tasteful British wiggins?" I don't understand that at all - could someone explain what he meant?

haha it means he was weirding out freaking out but tastefully... thats probably no help

showinuse9

[872]Oct 26, 2011
    gurlonfire wrote:

This is kind of a specific question, geared towards 4x21 (Primeval).

When Spike tells Adam that he separated the Scooby Gang, he says that he failed. But he /did/ separate them, isn't that what Adam wanted?

Why did it turn out there was a flaw int he plan?
    What was even the point of separating them.

he seperated her from willow, but willow had the discs that would lead them into the initiative which is where adam wanted buffy. trapped inside. if they werent speaking to each other then willow couldnt give her the info

PenguinSuzie

[873]Aug 18, 2012
    • level: 10
    Which is considered the darkest season of Buffy?6 isn't it?

showinuse9

[874]Aug 19, 2012
    PenguinSuzie wrote:
    Which is considered the darkest season of Buffy?6 isn't it?

if you mean realistically, emotionally dark then yeah definately season 6 even Sarah Michelle Gellar said she had problems filming some of the stuff for that season

fantasywise though the first couple seasons were darker

PenguinSuzie

[875]Aug 19, 2012

S6 is definitely the darkest emotionally.

Not that any season of the show is scary but if you had to pick one which season would you say is the darkest fear wise? S1 I'd say was the creepiest season but I'd say S6 or 7 would be the darkest ones.

Angel is a much darker show so a comparison like this isn't really fair but since S4 is generally it's darkest season I'm wondering what season of Buffy would be the equivalent dark/horror wise.

Edited on 08/19/2012 8:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.

showinuse9

[876]Aug 19, 2012
    season 4 I actually had to think. Thats a pretty tough question when you think about it. You may think I'm crazy but I'm going to say season 7. Like there were times when I really felt buffy wasn't going to win. Both the Turok han and Caleb made me feel like they could actually beat buffy and the scoobies. Maybe it was seeing the girls scared or something but I did feel like omg what if they can't win this time? Then scenes like that spinning light shadow thing from the slayer bag was a creepy scene. And when the girl was hanging while still technically talking to all of them THAT was a scene I won't forget.

If you want specific episodes for me

-Puppet Show - When I saw the trailer and showed the puppet scurrying around buffy's room i said NOPE NOPE NOPE not watching
    -Killed by Death derkundustad gave me chills. I just got goosebumps thinking about him lolll
    -Passions Angel was perfect in this episode
    -Gingerbread- the parents really gave me the creeps
    -Helpless
    -Beer Bad XD
    Listening to Fear - That queller demon got to me and to be honest not sure how I just didn't like it and was hoping he'd be dead quick
    Like i said most of season 6 was more emotional than all the others
    Same Time Same Place The gnarl has to be one of the creepiest ever
    and pretty much all the episodes where buffy had to fight the turok han or caleb

PenguinSuzie

[877]Aug 19, 2012

Good list. The show has had quite a few disturbing moments/creatures etc.

showinuse9 wrote:
    -Killed by Death derkundustad gave me chills. I just got goosebumps thinking about him lolll
    He was freaky. He looked like Freddy Krueger . I think that was on purpose though.
    showinuse9 wrote:
    -Puppet Show - When I saw the trailer and showed the puppet scurrying around buffy's room i said NOPE NOPE NOPE not watching
    Dummies are odd things. Their fixed smiles are creepy. Season 1 had quite a high creepiness factor.

That scene in 'Listening to Fear' when Dawn goes into her mums room is a bit nerve wracking.

Caleb was unnerving. He was such a creep . The smug way he called all woman whores was just so wrong. Nathan Fillion is awesome though.

Edited on 08/19/2012 10:34pm

LauriVance

[878]Sep 11, 2014

In which episode does Jenny Calendar find out Buffy is the slayer?