Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Buffy Questions and Answers

buffyTVSrox

[101]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 33

Ah, now I remember how to do a spoiler tag.

Like that.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mobbs456

[102]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 16

it would be cool if a book on The Geek Trio was done, showing how they all met -

"So you guys wanna team up and take over Sunnydale?" isn't enough for me - they must of all known each other before "Flooded" (heck we met them all way before this!)

Showing the Flying Monkeys would be cool - i always thought Buffy had offscreen adventures in between episodes (unless this happened before Buffy was activated....)

fatfreeoreos

[103]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 40
    That actually would be kinda neat. I always loved the Evil Trio, they were just too cute Especially Andrew, God I loved him to bits.

Artist8888

[104]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    Strange Questions:

What is the city used for the the transitional wide shots that show Sunnydale at night? The shot shows palm trees, spanish style buildings, the street lights are on and cars moving onthe streets. These shots look so peaceful and stylish (love the architecture). I would love to live in those buildings.

Question#2
    Please explain the layout for the Expresso Pump cafe - part patio part enclosed building? Any doors at all? It seems like the building was mostly open. Did the kitchen or register section have a door to lock up the building.

I was looking at The Zeppo and it looked as if the coffee shop was closed but the entire building was open and had no internal doors.

Thank you

Peace

fatfreeoreos

[105]Sep 11, 2008
    I think in the first three season they filmed in Torrance, California, or however it's spelled, for the outisde house scenes and stuff, they still used that in later season for the outside of Buffy's house, but they got kicked out because of the Graduation Day filming. It was too disturbing, filming at 5 am. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you're asking or not, but thats all I know.

mobbs456

[106]Sep 29, 2008

I has two questions:

1) Was Riley a Virgin before he met Buffy or had he been with someone else?

2) Was Dawn the cause of Joyce's Brain Tumor?

fatfreeoreos

[107]Sep 29, 2008
    I don't think it answers either of those questions. We have no real way of knowing anything about Riley's previous sex life. And I believe that Joyce's illness was pure natural causes.

mobbs456

[108]Sep 30, 2008

fatfreeoreos wrote:
    I don't think it answers either of those questions. We have no real way of knowing anything about Riley's previous sex life. And I believe that Joyce's illness was pure natural causes.

Its an amazing coincidence that Joyce became ill when Dawn arrived then. Since coincidences don't exsist in the Buffyverse I believe there is a cause. But then again it could of been something natural.

Its also amazing that season five focused on the human brain - Glory's Brain-sucking; Joyce's illness and Dawn's Mind Altering exsistance. Strange.

As for Riley the way he acts its like he's first time - he didn't even realise he was in love with Buffy until last minute!!!

fatfreeoreos

[109]Oct 1, 2008
    That could be true. I'm not 100% sure if Riley's the kind of guy who would have sex without a love commitment. But then in the morning after, he didn't show any sign that it was his first time. And yeah, they got real brainy season 5. Didn't really realize that myself till you pointed it out. Maybe Joyce's illness was merely a mirror to Glory's power. Not necessarily connected, but the natural side of things to the unnaturalness going on all around them.

tv_lover066

[110]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 12

i find it strange that when buffy is buting her books for uni she mentions that when her mum sees the price she would have an anneurism (hope i spelled it correct), then what do you know...season 5 pops along and well it is suspected joyce died of an anneurism...maybe she finally got the bill?

fatfreeoreos

[111]Oct 2, 2008
    Aw, poor Joycie footing the bill for Buffy's books with her life.

lilblackrose

[112]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 4
    Is Dawn still the key? Cause the monks made the key that body so wouldn't she still be the key or have powers or something?

fatfreeoreos

[113]Oct 2, 2008
    She didn't really in season 6, or at least nothing that they explored. That's always been a toughie.

sollunaestrella

[114]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 7

lilblackrose wrote:
    Is Dawn still the key? Cause the monks made the key that body so wouldn't she still be the key or have powers or something?

I've always personally believed that she is still the key, but a) no one has any real interest in using her to open the dimensions anymore and b) the time during which you can perform the ritual is over. (I've always been suspicious about the whole "only can be done at a specific time" thing... it almost seemed like a cop-out to me, and it all seemed very convenient that this all happened only when that one specific time was about to occur... but I digress. I think I have to rewatch season five in order to piece the whole story together, anyway - I'm having trouble remembering the exact timeline of Glory's expulsion and the monks and everything, so it might be less of a cop-out if I remember the context. Or maybe not.) Anyway.

I suppose you can imagine the possibilities... like that the mystical energy that made Dawn was somehow drained from her when she was actually used. I'm not sure we ever find out whether or not the key is reusuable. Technically, without the whole Buffy-Dawn blood thing and the sacrifice, Dawn's body would have died as a result of the ritual. It was never really explored whether or not Dawn's death would have destroyed the key itself or not. I guess it depends on the distinction: was Dawn really the key herself, or was the energy of the key merely stored in her blood? I'd be inclined to go with the latter, or else the ritual probably wouldn't have required the blood, or really any direct harm to Dawn at all. Besides, they didn't just make the key into human form; they had to use Buffy's body to create Dawn's, which implies to me that Dawn herself was really more of a casing for the key than anything.

Anyway. It's an interesting question, which is why I just blathered on about it pointlessly, I guess.

mobbs456

[115]Oct 3, 2008

lilblackrose wrote:

Willow "Two to Go" - "You cry because your human but you weren't always. You were a big ball of energy. Wouldn't you like to go back to being that? Anything to stop all the constant whining. Its time you started being an energy ball again..."

Dawn "Barganining" "I'm not the Key anymore. Or if I am no one's coming after me."

So I would say she still is. If Willow had the power to turn her back - undo The Monk's Spell - then yes she still is the Key.

tv_lover066

[116]Oct 3, 2008
    I would say she is still the key too. I mean, a bottle filled with water is still a bottle once emptied.

tv_lover066

[117]Oct 3, 2008
    On the pilot or maybe the harvest The Master and that other vamp (guy who also played the judge, forgotten his name) were talking about the last time they cam across a slayer before buffy and i am sure they said something like " *insert correct year*, he came from behind", main word being HE.... is this a slip up or am i mistaken? A male slayer???

NJZ

[118]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 29

tv_lover066 wrote:
    On the pilot or maybe the harvest The Master and that other vamp (guy who also played the judge, forgotten his name) were talking about the last time they cam across a slayer before buffy and i am sure they said something like " *insert correct year*, he came from behind", main word being HE.... is this a slip up or am i mistaken? A male slayer???

I don't there's any mention of any Slayer other than Buffy in those episodes. According to twiztv, there is a scene between the Master and Luke (in The Harvest) that goes like this...

Master:  A Slayer! Have you any proof?

Luke: Only that she fought me, and yet lives.

Master: Hmm, very nearly proof enough. I can't remember the last time
    that happened.

Luke: 1843. Madrid. He caught me sleeping.

Master: She mustn't be allowed to interfere with the Harvest!

Luke: I would never let that happen!

There's a clear mention of "he" but they're not referring to a Slayer. What they're referring to is someone who fought Luke and survived. I'm not sure if this is the scene you were referring to but it's the only one I could find.

fatfreeoreos

[119]Oct 4, 2008
    Yeah that's the right scene. I think Luke is referring to just the only other person to fight him and live, not necessarily a slayer.

Bufangel

[120]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 13
    But still Luke was very strong. It would take a very capable fighter to be able to escape him. Maybe the male had prior knowledge of vampires and was prepared.