Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Did Buffy really love Spike?

Did Buffy love Spike

michael_LB92

[61]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 24
    OdumCarlock wrote:
    Let me Quote an Inspirational Genius for my reply...

Dr. Cox: Good God in heaven, Newbie, there are just so very many ways for me to say this to you: Never; not in a million years; absolutely not; no way, Jose; no chance, Lance; niet; negatory; mm-mm; nuh-uh; oh-oh; and of course my own personal favorite of all time, man falling off of a cliff - "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... Wait for it...

Lol. That Cox. What will he get up to next?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fitz_15

[62]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 7

just watch this vid on you tube and ye all will believe that they loved each other!I didn't make it just think it's brilliant

buffy + spike forever!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4b8jXMxNc

ping93

[63]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 10

Buffy so obviously loved spike. Maybe not in season 6 where their relationship was mostly physical, but definitely in season 7. She slowly developed stronger and stronger feelings for him, that weren't only based on passion and attraction, but also on mutual respect and belief in the man that he is and the man he can be. Buffy and Angel were a first love, they werevery innocent-y and their relationship wouldn't have lasted anyway. Spike and Buffy's relationship (in season 7)was much more mature, healthyand beautiful.

Yay for Spuffy.

CrazyLady22

[64]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 13
    The relationship Buffy had with Spike was rooted in nothing but darkness. You can't call that healthy and beautiful. Spike was a constant reminder to Buffy of just how far she had let her self slip. Buffy did end up loving Spike I honestly believe that without a shadow of a doubt. I also believe with the same certainty that she never fell in love with him. And before you ask there is a difference. Buffy realized that Spike was truly a good human being with his soul (okay maybe human being isn't the right term) and that he was a person she respected and shared a good relationship with but, Buffy could also never love him the way she loved Angel. end of story.

fitz_15

[65]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 7

I think spike and buffy's relationship was beautiful and healthy.When she was with angel she was a lot younger but she knew what she was getting into with Spike and knew what kind of person he was and He changed his life for herI thought it started out as physical but by season 7 it was love because their relationship had changed and evolved.they shared a special bond to quote giles:

"... It doesn't matter if you're not physical with each other anymore. There's a connection. "You rely on him, and he relies on you."

And Joss whedon reffered to buffy and spike's relationship to grown up and beautiful even if it is confusing

a very grown up and romantic and confusing relationship that isn't about power, but actually genuinely beautiful between two people in the form of Buffy and Spike

Spike gave buffy strenght to fight her last battle and what i always mentionBUFFY'S LAST EVER line of dialogue was the word SPIKE

electricpeppers

[66]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 26
    Buffy loved Spike but I wouldn't say it was romantic love. The attempted rape was supposed to put the kibosh upon that notion, although even Spike never romantically loved her until he gained a soul.

coolguyx_2003

[67]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 8
    In Season 7, it was love... before that, it was all about the lusty goodness.

OdumCarlock

[68]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 12
    Even in the end.. when Spike was sacrificing himself... Buffy Was going to throw him a bone and said "I Love you" and Even HE knew she didn't... and even said so....

CrazyLady22

[69]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 13

Spike has always had an uncanny ability to tell when Buffy was lying. So I think at the end of Chosen Spike knows the truth, and he won't take that lie from her.

brookes0826

[70]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    Joss Whedon states that buffy loved spike, he calls spike and buffy a grown up, beautiful, yet confusing relationship. In Season 5 of angel, andrew tells angel and spike that buffy loves them BOTH. In the comics, buffy has sexual dreams of both spike and angel. She loves them both, in different ways. Also lets not forget buffy and angels last conversation in "chosen"... angel brought up spike, he could smell him on her... he could sense her feelings for him. If i was talking to my love of a lifetime i would've said "he means nothing to me when it comes to you".. yet she couldnt say that, she stuck up for spike, saying he changed, he has a soul. She tells Giles that he's a good man. Angel couldnt smell spike on her because she had been with him all night.. she clearly changed and showered before she saw angel again, when angel said he could smell spike all over her, its because of her emotions towards spike. She spends her last night before possibly the last night of her life with spike. Angel says he'd stay to fight by her side and she says no, she needs him as back up and... yes, there's an and.. another reason... Spike, and angel knows this. Why would Spike be a concern when it comes to her soulmate? She's in a place where she loves two men. Its clear as day in season 7 that she loves spike. They have no physical scenes because joss wanted to show their emotional connection... example, "touched"... all couplesl have sex except for them. This is because their relationship is not about being psychical. They lay their, just staring into each others eyes. She doesnt love spike like xander and willow, i dont recall her ever having a scene like that with either of her friends. Spike is more to her then that. Let's also refer to when she's kicked out of her house... Rowna says "what is it with this spike guy, this isnt about him".. Buffy is immediately defensive when something comes up where someone is trying to use spike. She tells Robin that she'll let Spike kill him, if he tries to do something like that again, when he attempts to kill spike. Clearly, buffy spends most of season 7 protecting spike. They clearly have a connection here. In "potentials" when spike and her are training and she notices spike is in pain, she tries to comfort him, spike grabs her hand and says he's ok... the look on her face is priceless, she realizes that the connection is becoming more.
    Edited on 02/25/2008 12:42pm

degrassi_lover

[71]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 21
    Buffy did love Spike at one point, but their love wasn't close to being as powerful and beautiful as Buffy/Angel. I'm not saying Spike/Buffy wasn't beautiful.. Its just Buffy/Angel, is true love.. And I believe in the end, she will always end up loving Angel.

aplourey

[72]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 34
    ^^ I agree. I think the love between Spike and Buffy never truly developed into the love shared by Angel and Buffy.

sef123

[73]Feb 25, 2008
    I believe that Buffy did love Spike, but was not "in love" with him. The same with Angel and Cordelia. If they had a choice, Angel and Buffy would choose each other over anyone else.

Kadodian

[74]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 23
    I think she just used him to escape from the world but I really loved them together

tatechan

[75]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 4

it has been said before, but she loved him as much as she could

as much as cookie dough can

degrassi_lover

[76]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 21
    sef123 wrote:
    I believe that Buffy did love Spike, but was not "in love" with him. The same with Angel and Cordelia. If they had a choice, Angel and Buffy would choose each other over anyone else.

I agree, If Buffy had no else to turn to other then her friends.. I'd believe she would turn to Angel for help. I loved their chemistry in Forever. It was beautiful.

06hellopplz06

[77]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 9

Personaly i think that Buffy did love Spike and yes like every1 is sayin.. much more in the 7th season... i think that at first buffy has desires for him at first (because if you remember she kissed him first) and she went to him when she was invisable and what happend, happend so i dont know (in the 6th season) if buffy Loved him or if she was confused... but in the 7th season, when they just talked, she found the adorable side of Spike, that everyone loves... and she had to keep telling herself no! she is the slayer and he is a vampire.. ya know? and she came to find the less she had him the more she wanted him and then she fell IN LOVE with him not just "in love".. Ya get me?

anyway i think that yeah.. Buffy did love Spike and i also think that Spike did love Buffy too... Even when he was souless!

Edited on 03/15/2008 4:47am

FrozenHeart_

[78]Mar 15, 2008
    No I dont think so, She probably liked him alot, And maybe she did love him but not love loving if that makes sense : p

snowy1617

[79]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    im not sure if she did love him like she loved angel, but her and spike was more grown up and passionate. it is a toughy.

fatfreeoreos

[80]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 40
    I will always stand by my opinion that she did, in her heart of hearts, love him. It may have been messy, and dark, and confusing, but in the end, they are the only two people who can truly understand the other. He was the only one who could relate to her after her resurrection. They just took the wrong way with that budding friendship. I'm sure there are real life couples who started out with just sex, then evolved into something more intimate. And like it or not, sex is a big part of love and intimacy. Even marriages are not complete until they are consummated. Buffy and Spike developed this tender connection late into the last season. I really would have liked to see more of it. You could tell she had definite feelings for him.