Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

How old were the main vampires on Buffy/Angel when they died?

Gilda

[1]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 4

Hey sorry if this question has been asked b4 but its really been bugging me. How old were the four main recurring vampires? How old were Darla, Angel, Spike and Dru when they died? And I dont mean how old they are (254 ex) but what age are they supposed to look like? I beleive that Angel was killed by Darla when he was 26? right? (idk there was a flash back scene in one of the episodes of Angel but i can'tremember which one) But where the ages of the other three ever said? IdkI assumed that theywould all be stuckin their early/mid 20s? but then againits hard to tell when the actorsage throughout the show's run and also when you look at the age of the actors when they did the show.what do you guys think? b/c i doubt that they would have looked like teenagers

Oh and this is just another random question but where exactlywas Darla from? I can't really tellfrom her accent.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jon_MW_14

[2]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 39
    I don't think their ages were ever confirmed. I think you're right about Angel being 26. I think Spike is supposed to look 27-30. I think Drusilla is supposed to look 20. I know Darla was born in the 16th century, but I have no clue how old she was supposed to look, but she's probably in her twenties as well. I think Darla was from somewhere in Britain.

tvtome_xena321

[3]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 27
    I'd place Spike and Angel in there late 20's. Darla and Drusilla looked early 20's around 21-23. The Master we never knew how old he really was, I know in the original script it was said he was 600, which I doubt is true, he looks about a thousand or more years old.

Gilda

[4]Jun 5, 2012
    well darla would at least have to look young enough to pass off as a teenager b/c in the episode Angel she was able to convince Joyce that she was a classmate of Buffy (who would have been 16). so i guess 20 for her? yeeah for the master I think he would be way older than 600. b/c if he looked that way after 600 years then darla should have been changing in her appearance to look more bat-like b/c she was 400 something years old

showinuse9

[5]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 11
    good point on the master. he LOOKS his age cause of his bat features lol.

omg i think i just realized for the first time ever. Master looked like a bat and bats are the creatures vampires always used to turn into in old movies. Mind blown.

i agree with what the other guys said about ages. though i think angel is younger than 26. not sure how much though

Gilda

[6]Jul 17, 2012
    showinuse9 wrote:
    omg i think i just realized for the first time ever. Master looked like a bat and bats are the creatures vampires always used to turn into in old movies. Mind blown.

*slow clap* good job
    showinuse9 wrote:
    i think angel is younger than 26. not sure how much though

really? i agree for the early seasons of buffy but idk as the show progressed and deff by the time he got his own show i always found it harder and harder to see him as being in his 20s (darn the fact that vamps dont age but actors do). i recently watched an episode of angel and i was like "wait a sec all these characters are supposed to be in there 20s" but to me they always looked like they were 30. at least with the human characters they either say how old they are or give clues to the ages they are supposed to be

PenguinSuzie

[7]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 10
    This question should probably be in the 'Questions and Answers' thread to avoid cluttering up the forum.

Angel was 26 or almost 27 depending on the months. In Angel S1.15 you can see '1727-1753' on Liam's grave. Not that that's necessarily accurate. It's the only thing in the series that tells it though so it's probably right. Despite this I always think of him as 27 .
    Gilda wrote:
    well darla would at least have to look young enough to pass off as a teenager b/c in the episode Angel she was able to convince Joyce that she was a classmate of Buffy
    Though that doesn't say much. People get away with all kinds of disguises in the Buffyverse without anyone any the wiser .

I always thought that Darla and Dru were about 25. Somewhere between 24 and 27. Considering that Darla was turned in 1609 she would have lived most of her life in the 1500's. I don't think vampires count their human ages when stating their age. There's been quite a bit of inconsistency in the shows when it comes to them saying how old they are as vampires in the present.
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    The Master we never knew how old he really was, in the original script it was said he was 600, which I doubt is true, he looks about a thousand or more years old.
    He already had his particularly deformed vamp face (and their 'vamp' face seems to get scarier the older the vampire gets. Darla in Angel had quite a scary one) when he made Darla in 1609. It never happened to her and she was 400 so the Master has got to be at least 900 by the time we see him in the series.

Spike was somewhere around 26 to 32. It was never confirmed.
    Edited on 07/28/2012 4:58pm