Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

I remember watching this show when i was young and you?

napninjanx

[1]Aug 3, 2012
    • level: 1

I use to stay up all night and wait for the show to air it was the best show in the world.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

showinuse9

[2]Aug 5, 2012
    • level: 11
    you bet your butt it was. it was the identifying show of my childhood. I loved the show so much that my family got me the tape for the movie Buffy and I loved the show so much that i just watched the movie over and over again nonstop. I'd watch the movie like 6 or 7 times in a row.

watcher1006

[3]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 10

I like the original movie although not as much as I like the show. Some show fans really hate the movie. Joss Whedon himself wasn't so happy with it because he didn't have true creative control, or so I heard. But I think the movie has its own appeal and Kristy Swanson is a good if different Buffy.

Also we got to see a young Hilary Swank before she became famous and won her Oscars.

showinuse9

[4]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 11
    watcher1006 wrote:

I like the original movie although not as much as I like the show. Some show fans really hate the movie. Joss Whedon himself wasn't so happy with it because he didn't have true creative control, or so I heard. But I think the movie has its own appeal and Kristy Swanson is a good if different Buffy.

Also we got to see a young Hilary Swank before she became famous and won her Oscars.

yeah i totally agree. the movie and the show have a lot of key differences (i always felt though that the buffy flashback in "becoming" was a nod to the movie. kinda ditzy and stuff) I watched a lot of shows as a kid but Buffy I really feel like was "my show" that is the show i cared about more than all others.

ktfahel

[5]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 16

When this show originally aired, my husband and I never missed it; watched it from Episode One. One season, when times were really tough, watching "Buffy" was our Date Night: we'd turn off the phone, lock the door, and shut the world out and just watch it together. It's really funny that, years later, our older daughter (who had never seen even an ad for the show) gave her baby sister the nickname Buffy...and it stuck!