Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

miles to go, little miss muffet counting down from 730

soulspike

[1]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 11

when faith said this phase people had their suspicion on what it could mean, some people thought it was dawn, when shemadeher entrance to the buffy series. 730 was meant to be the days but what if it wasnt dawn, what if it was the days left of when buffysmum had left to live

just wondering

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TeemerDJ

[2]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    soulspike wrote:

when faith said this phase people had their suspicion on what it could mean, some people thought it was dawn, when shemadeher entrance to the buffy series. 730 was meant to be the days but what if it wasnt dawn, what if it was the days left of when buffysmum had left to live

just wondering

It either could've been the days until Dawn's arrival, or the day of Buffy's death. 730 is the exact number of days for two years = Season 5.

aplourey

[3]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 34
    ^^ Yeah, and also in Restless, the clock is set to 7:30 in Buffy's dream. She then notices that it's wrong.

soulspike

[4]Jan 28, 2008
    aplourey wrote:
    ^^ Yeah, and also in Restless, the clock is set to 7:30 in Buffy's dream. She then notices that it's wrong.

hmmm interesting

michael_LB92

[5]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 24
    Joss said it was meant for Dawn in some special features, didn't he?

confusedboy24

[6]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 17
    It does have that metaphor feel like "Dawn, counting down from the towers to Buffy's death." However there is only 360 days in a year and times 2 it's only 720 days. So more then likely it's Buffy's resurrection in Season 6. The Little Miss Muffet, doesn't even have a tie in with Dawn at all in the series course. They could have at lease had Mrs. Summers, Buffy, or anyone call her "Little Miss. Muffet" then maybe it would have been more presumed.

aplourey

[7]Jan 29, 2008
    ^^ Someone did. In 'Real Me', a crazy man (probably mind-sucked) referred to her as 'curds & whey'. Also when searching for the Key, AKA Dawn, Glory refers to herself as 'sitting on a tuffet'.

spikemaniac

[8]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 50
    confusedboy24 wrote:
    It does have that metaphor feel like "Dawn, counting down from the towers to Buffy's death." However there is only 360 days in a year and times 2 it's only 720 days. So more then likely it's Buffy's resurrection in Season 6. The Little Miss Muffet, doesn't even have a tie in with Dawn at all in the series course. They could have at lease had Mrs. Summers, Buffy, or anyone call her "Little Miss. Muffet" then maybe it would have been more presumed.

Yep aplourey's right.
    And also, there are 365 days in a year, not 360.
    365 x 2 is 730.

7Darkside7

[9]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 6

Its referring to Buffys death. Faith says this in the season 3 finale exactly 2 years before Buffys death in the season 5 finale.

JoshSutton

[10]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 15
    7Darkside7 wrote:

Its referring to Buffys death. Faith says this in the season 3 finale exactly 2 years before Buffys death in the season 5 finale

Thats what i thought. I think its quite interesting that they thought that far ahead.

soulspike

[11]Jan 29, 2008
    JoshSutton wrote:
    7Darkside7 wrote:

Its referring to Buffys death. Faith says this in the season 3 finale exactly 2 years before Buffys death in the season 5 finale

Thats what i thought. I think its quite interesting that they thought that far ahead.

well you got to keep your head in the game

aplourey

[12]Jan 30, 2008
    JoshSutton wrote:
    7Darkside7 wrote:

Yeah. But Joss was always pretty ahead like that. I heard him say somewhere that Angel (the show) was planned around the start of season 2. And Dawn was planned around the very start of season 3.

TeemerDJ

[13]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    aplourey wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    7Darkside7 wrote:

Yeah. But Joss was always pretty ahead like that. I heard him say somewhere that Angel (the show) was planned around the start of season 2. And Dawn was planned around the very start of season 3.
    Yeah after Joss saw how creepy David played Angelus, he decided right then and there to give Angel his own spin-off. And he planned Joyce's death during Season 3. He also planned Willow's turn to evil during Season Four.
    Edited on 01/30/2008 12:13pm

JoshSutton

[14]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 15
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    aplourey wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    7Darkside7 wrote:

Yeah after Joss saw how creepy David played Angelus, he decided right then and there to give Angel his own spin-off. And he planned Joyce's death during Season 3. He also planned Willow's turn to evil during Season Four.

Wow, that's very planned out.

NptuneSunnydle

[15]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    aplourey wrote:
    JoshSutton wrote:
    7Darkside7 wrote:

Joss also said in the Commentary track for "I only have eyes for you" that after David played the role of the murdered teacher so well that he should have his own show.

marto_dd

[16]Aug 28, 2011
    • level: 17

Hmmm… "Little miss Muffet counting down from 730"…

I think Little miss Muffet is absolutely Dawn. And 730 is the nuber of days she has until the everything is in the right place so Glory could open the portal in the season 5 finale. Remember, Glory said it can be open pretty rarely.

SuperSaiyanTien

[17]Sep 16, 2011
    • level: 13

It's definitely about Dawn.

There is so much foreshadowing about her that it's hard to believe that this specific one isn't about her and is only about Buffy's death.

(1) the clock said 7:30 which as we know isexactly two years time, which can be said that it's the time Dawn comes.

(2) Little Miss Muffet is in reference to Dawn because a crazy guy called her curds and wey and Glory said something about her and a tuffet.

(3) In another dream I believe Tara said "gotta make the bed because little sis is coming" in the room that eventually became Dawn's room.

It's all about Dawn.

Zwingli4

[18]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 16

I think it was Faith not Tara in #3. But still, what's the difference?

Jon_MW_14

[19]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 39
    Zwingli4 wrote:

I think it was Faith not Tara in #3. But still, what's the difference?

Yeah that was Faith. But Tara was in the dream sequence in "Restless" and she was like "Be back before dawn".

zhangliao1

[20]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 6
    SuperSaiyanTien wrote:

It's definitely about Dawn.

There is so much foreshadowing about her that it's hard to believe that this specific one isn't about her and is only about Buffy's death.

(1) the clock said 7:30 which as we know isexactly two years time, which can be said that it's the time Dawn comes.

(2) Little Miss Muffet is in reference to Dawn because a crazy guy called her curds and wey and Glory said something about her and a tuffet.

(3) In another dream I believe Tara said "gotta make the bed because little sis is coming" in the room that eventually became Dawn's room.

It's all about Dawn.

you are mistaken about number 1

it was said at the end of season 3 so 2 years time would be the end of season 5 not the beginning