Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Most hated Character

lovingpizonica

[41]Jan 31, 2010
    • level: 9
    alias571 wrote:
    Peterb3291 wrote:
    I don't think Xander was useless he provided some comic relief and was the normal one of the group
    I agree with you on that, but comic relief by comic relief, Anya was a much better one imo and the Scooby Gang didn't really need "normal" -- he had nothing to offer when it came to fighting and all of that.

I think the Scoobies desperately needed someone to be normal, at least. It's kind of funny how important Xander has been over the seasons, from saving Buffy via CPR to talking Willow down from the apocalyptic edge. In S7, Xander and Dawn have that heart to heart about what it means to be powerless in a group of people who have special powers, and it seems that his contribution is extremely important, if chronically unacknowledged.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rockworm5039

[42]Jan 31, 2010
    a lot of spike hate when i think he just got better and better oh well its all cool.
    personally i cant stand Parker or riley.. well i liked him in season 4 but he became a total loser in season 5 and liking him became too much of a chore.
    and i absolutely hated Warren but in a good way like you love to hate him he makes the evil soulless demons look good.

jack756

[43]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 14

the character i hate the most is xander he was so annoying with making buffy life hell,i also hated spike b/c he tried to kill buffy more than once and when buffy got with him it made no sense to me and last butnot least faith she was such a pain the job of a slayer is to kill evil not kill humans and she made buffy life superhell with everything she did.(buffy should have killed faith)

xander

spike

faith

i hate those 3

alias571

[44]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 18
    jack756 wrote:
    the character i hate the most is xander he was so annoying with making buffy life hell,i also hated spike b/c he tried to kill buffy more than once and when buffy got with him it made no sense to me and last butnot least faith she was such a pain the job of a slayer is to kill evil not kill humans and she made buffy life superhell with everything she did.(buffy should have killed faith)
    Faith was... awesome! And she redeemed herself in the end, so all's good.

And I don't like him either, but how exactly did Xander made Buffy's life hell?

rockworm5039

[45]Feb 5, 2010
    alias571 wrote:
    jack756 wrote:

i would like to know too lol.
    plus how can anyone hate him he's so fun any mistake he's made just means hes not perfect like everyone else.

The_void_68

[46]Feb 5, 2010
    Wait... somebody hates Faith? I didn't think that was humanly possible!

sollunaestrella

[47]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 7

The_void_68 wrote:

I don't hate Faith as such, but I don't think she's that awesome either, even though it seems that most people would disagree. She's an interesting and fairly complex character, and that's great, but I also think she can get irritating no matter what side she's on, so I can kind of see where jack756 is coming from there.

TwistedConverse

[48]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 23
    The_void_68 wrote:

I agree. Faith rules.

jack756

[49]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 14
    alias571 wrote:
    jack756 wrote:

with xander when angel had turned evil it wasnt buffy fought she didnt know so when jenny left the spell to get angel soul back xander made it seem like buffy didnt care and everytime a boy liked her he had a problem with it he was just mad buffy didnt want him season 1-4 xander was so annoying but afterwards i liked him again.i think i explain why i hate spike enoungh.now on to faith at first shes was okay until she start killing humans and working with evil.i dont see how some of you guys can love faith ,kendra was way better than faith.what slayer uses her powers for bad.faith made looking like a slayer a evil thing.afterwards what she did to buffy ,her freinds,her mom,faith will never be forgiven in my mind.xander was okay but annoying,i hate spike and faith i will never like

Peterb3291

[50]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 8

First of all Faith being evil was the plot twist and is what made her a great character and what made season 3 awesome, if Faith was just a goody good like Kendra or even Buffy it would've made her just another character and she wouldn't have stood out.

Secondly Xander was jealous of Angel, yes, but he also didn't like Angel as a person either. Xander didn't like Parker because Parker was a douche but Xander obviously thought Riley was a good guy because in Season 5 when Riley was leaving he told Buffy that she needs to go after him. I don't think Xander really minded Riley in season 4 either he might have been cautious but I don't think he was jealous of him.

Edited on 02/09/2010 7:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

rockworm5039

[51]Feb 10, 2010
    Xander has a hard time seeing things in gray its all black and white for him. he hated angel because angel was a vampire in his mind vampire = evil that simple doesn't matter if they have a soul or not.

The_void_68

[52]Feb 10, 2010
    Faith tried to redeem herself. She voluntarily put herself behind bars when she could have broken out at any time. That showed that she was a good person, she just made some REALLY bad decisions.

mastercasey3004

[53]Aug 25, 2010

What I found is that I disliked a lot of the characters at one point or another, there was a fair few episodes I disliked Buffy when she was selfish and having Me, me, me moments. I disliked Xander when he did these superior than thou moments, or when he was really self righteous which was really just a masquerade for jealousy. I did really dislike Willow for most of Season 5 she became a very nasty character in my eyes.

The characters I really didn't dislike ever through out the series were Anya and Spike.

DeadMessenger82

[54]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 12

mastercasey3004 wrote:
    characters I really didn't dislike ever through out the series were Anya and Spike.
    and Giles! (before season seven)

and TARA

and jonathan

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... de'hofram (i can't spell that)

hmmm and joyce, possibly

Psy4potato

[55]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 10

I never disliked Drusilla, Anya, Darla, Joyce, Jenny Calender or Cordelia

Rona bothered me a lot, the actress did a great job I guess since her character really got to me, but I liked Kennedy more then her too!

I guess I really don't HATE any characters, there are some that annoyed me like I said, Rona (I'd rather have seen more Vi, Molly, and Chloe), but they all served their purpose. Principal Wood bothered me too, I don't know why, but I wouldn't have mind if he had died in Chosen (although then Faith would have had no one.)

Also, Tara at first bothered me, she turned into one of my favorite characters, but I never understood why shestuddard at first, and then by her death she was talking normal. I guess thats what bothered me, can someone explain that?

Edited on 08/26/2010 8:04am
    Edited 3 total times.

DeadMessenger82

[56]Aug 27, 2010
    psycho potato wrote:
    Principal Wood bothered me too, I don't know why

he had no real vulnerability, even beaten crying on the ground, he was just too cool.
    plus, you thought he was evil for ages, then he tried to kill spike and then he helped kick buffy out, then he said faith was bad in bed, then he pretended to be dead just to upset her, also he buried jonathon's body in the middle of the desert and didn't call his family or anything so they could have a funeral. also he was immediately let into the gang and given a tour for no real reason, plus, he's a principal
    why would you like him, seriously does anyone actually like this guy?

alirk

[57]Aug 27, 2010
    • level: 22

Really didn't care for Parker or Warren, but the one I can think of right now that bugged the snot out of me was Rona...Oh that girl was so annoying

Peterb3291

[58]Aug 31, 2010

DeadMessenger82 wrote:

mastercasey3004 wrote:
    characters I really didn't dislike ever through out the series were Anya and Spike.

and TARA

and jonathan

hmmm and joyce, possibly

Whoa...you hate Tara?

And Giles!

Edited on 08/31/2010 7:39am

DeadMessenger82

[59]Aug 31, 2010
    Peterb3291 wrote:

DeadMessenger82 wrote:

mastercasey3004 wrote:

and TARA

and jonathan

hmmm and joyce, possibly

Whoa...you hate Tara?

And Giles!

i stole this from spikemaniac.

Psy4potato

[60]Aug 31, 2010
    • level: 10
    I think they meant character they Never didn't like. Meaning they always liked them.