Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst BtVS Couple

Worst BtVS Couple

Buffy4vAngel

[21]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 5
    She didn't exactly argue with him when he called her out on it. I suppose they didn't have much time to do so, but the face expression was that of..."your right" not the classic eye brows lifed, forward lean "no no no! I do!" I believe she cared about him.. but I don't believe she loved him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PiperPrueLover4

[22]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 18
    I voted Buffy/Riley, but Willow/Kennedy and Bangel were also horrible.

This_Years_Love

[23]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 11
    It's a tie between Willow/Kennedy and Buffy/Spike!

mendelier

[24]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    Why are there so many people who hated Buffy and Spike? I think they were great together.

The_void_68

[25]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 18
    "I love you."
    "No, you don't. But thanks."

That is the show's opinion on the matter. Then again, as other Fuffy shippers will testify, canonicity isn't everything. I don't really like Spuffy myself. Although it wasn't as nauseatingly bad as the completely chemistryless Buffy/Riley. Riley was dull in series four, and a whiny douche in series five. He clearly wasn't Buffy's type, and the relationship was basically a big no-no.

I haven't seen series seven, so I can't comment on Kennedy, but Willow and Xander were equally awful together. It's astonishing that two people can work so well as friends, but add an element of romance into it and chemistry goes down the toilet. Not to mention that their relationships with Oz and Cordelia were about 20 times more interesting.

Bangel I have no problem with, although I think they're definitely not meant to end up together, they accepted that in series three. Gilesand Joyce weren't really together, but I enjoyed what there was. Xanya and Tillow I absolutely loved, brilliant couples. This is why I pretend series six never happened.

Igarka

[26]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 12

The_void_68 wrote:
    "I love you." "No, you don't. But thanks." That is the show's opinion on the matter.

No thats what Spike belives or convinces himself to belive.

I voted Spuffy but it clould just as easely been Buffy/Riley, it waries from day to day wich of the two I think are the worst.

Buffy17Angel

[27]Sep 6, 2009
    • level: 8
    I voted Buffy/Riley, I hated him from the first second he came on screen at the begining of season 4. Willow/kennedy at a close second.

Peterb3291

[28]Sep 9, 2009
    I had to say Willow/Kennedy they were a bad couple, I hated Kennedy simple because she was a brat to everyone, Buffy/Spike was my next one I hated them as a couple Spike was annoying in when they were in a "relationship" and I'm one of those who thought she didn't really love Spike.

buffyisawesome

[29]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 1

I didn't like Willow and Xander, they were best friends from like primary school and they're just weird together.

I also didn't like giles and joyce, they were just old and yeah, they are more like brother and sister

by the by these couples weren't really together but yeah they had moments kind of lol

Madelynn1984

[30]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 6

Some of you people are confusing the hell out of me. You don't like Buffy/Angel??? How is that possible? They're soulmates (and will be together one day, mark my words.) I thought Buffy/Riley was very important to Buffy's development as a grown-up. I mean, he was the first guy who was still there for her the next morning. She got to test out a normal relationship, and discover that she still preferred her angsty one with Angel. Poor Riley was just annoying because he sensed this. It wasn't his fault. Buffy and Spike made perfect sense. Buffy didn't turn to him because she was depressed (as when her mother died), but because she was numb. "I just want to feel. . ." I like them together. (Perhaps mostly b/c we wouldn't have had gotten to see James Marsters shirtless nearly as often without the pairing.) I do agree with those who said she wasn't in love with him, but I do think she loved him (like she loves the rest of her friends and family.)

Anyway, I voted for Kennedy and Willow. Screw Kennedy.

As with so many shows, it's always the secondary couples which turn out best, because they don't have to be perpetually in strife. (Willow and Tara, Anya and Xander. . . Monica and Chandler. . . )

muggle421

[31]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 13
    i voted for Buffy and Riley. He was so annoying and the way he left her was just so rude. He's the one who betrayed her trust and then left her with an ultimatum. i love Spike but i can see why people dont like their relationship. In the beginning i didn't like the way Buffy treated him, but i still liked their relationship. Willow and Xander was just weird.

TwistedConverse

[32]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 23
    Madelynn1984 wrote:

Some of you people are confusing the hell out of me. You don't like Buffy/Angel??? How is that possible? >

Because they were incredibly annoying together, did nothing but whine continuously together and hold each other back as characters. I loathed Angel till he got his own show where he became a far more likeable character imo.

spikemaniac

[33]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 50
    I'm a Bangel fan, but they annoyed me too sometimes. Angel was boring when he was around Buffy. He was always whining and saying how he just wanted her and Buffy was the same.

Lady_Lancaster

[34]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 41
    spikemaniac wrote:
    I'm a Bangel fan, but they annoyed me too sometimes. Angel was boring when he was around Buffy. He was always whining and saying how he just wanted her and Buffy was the same.

Yep.. Whine and whinge city in the case of both characters. Drove me mad.

TwistedConverse

[35]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 23
    Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:

Yep. Their scenes in most of S3 were just painful.

Lady_Lancaster

[36]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 41
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    Lady_Lancaster wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:

Yep. Their scenes in most of S3 were just painful.

Excruciatingly so ... *shudders at the memory*

Monstro3000

[37]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 3

The_void_68 wrote:
    Then again, as other Fuffy shippers will testify, canonicity isn't everything.

Fuffy? Faith and Buffy? FAITH and BUFFY? Ye gods that would have been hot. I think viewers across the planet would spontaneously have humped their TV sets.

Anyway, Buffy and Max from Roswell for me (in the season 2 episode Lie To Me, how's that for obscurity?). She already had more than enough dark, brooding, hunky loner in her life at the time.

littleditylum

[38]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    Giles/Joyce were funny, but it was just kind of weird. Spike and Buffy should never have been together. I love Spike, and I love Buffy, but definitely not together. They were supposed to be the enemies that happened to respect each other.

Michellexx

[39]Nov 24, 2009

buffy/riley - man riley is one of my most hated characters he is soo boring that there relation ship was so blah!

buffy/spike - u can't called that a real relationship all they eva did was bang each other. though they do have moments when spike was souless. hardly though

Edited on 11/24/2009 10:37pm

AlexEdwards1

[40]Dec 4, 2009

Willow and Kennedy, just because for the most part Willow was sweet and kind (except of course when she went evil), and Kennedy was the exact opposite for the most part.

After that I'd have to say Spike and Buffy, it just made Buffy seem like a slut, I mean Angel even shows up, and you can tell the two are still in love.