Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst BtVS Couple

Worst BtVS Couple

SlayerSense

[41]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 4

Spuffy was HORRIBLE.

Buffy was looking for a good time and Spike was there.

No way she loved him. He was trying to kill her less than a year ago.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

netgoddess

[42]Dec 18, 2009
    • level: 10
    Xander and Willow were the worst. I loved how Xander saved Dark Willow from destroying everything, but they were best as platonic good friends and not as romantic interests. It was kind of funny though how Willow was in love with Xander and Xander was in love with Buffy in the first couple seasons...every time Xander complained to Willow about Buffy's response to him it was a mirror image of what Willow was going through with Xander. I actually enjoyed Willow/Kennedy, yes it was not nearly as good as Willow/Tara but it didn't qualify as the worst.

Buffy/Riley were great together for a couple, but not very interesting to the story. Bangel and Spuffy had a lot more tension and conflict, which made for more entertaining interactions. Buffy/Riley were just too "normal" and while there relationships was completely realistic (they did have plenty of chemistry) it just was too perfect and unconflicted for a slayer's romantic interest.

MLionhart2

[43]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 12

Xander/Dawn (see "Retreat" in the S8 comic). However, for those who think of the of the comics as non-canon, Willow/Kennedy. In my personal opinion, it seems that post-S5, the writers didn't really seem that inspired most of the time. By the time Kennedy came on the scene, I think the writers just wanted the series over with, and Kennedy was just eye candy.

muggle421

[44]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    MLionhart2 wrote:

Xander/Dawn (see "Retreat" in the S8 comic). However, for those who think of the of the comics as non-canon, Willow/Kennedy. In my personal opinion, it seems that post-S5, the writers didn't really seem that inspired most of the time. By the time Kennedy came on the scene, I think the writers just wanted the series over with, and Kennedy was just eye candy.

If that was the case then they could have gotten better eye candy .

showinuse9

[45]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 11
    well i wasnt really sure but then i remembered how mad i was at cordelia/xander/ Cause at that time i was still hoping he would get with buffy. Now it's not a big deal but I remember. The scene when they were in the basement. I knew it was going to happen but i was screaming NO NO NO. Same with the kiss at the end of the episode too. But after i watched through season again later on i saw subtle clues hinting at them getting together. Like in the second episode with the frankenstein. And Xander got her out before they cut off her head. He talked to willow saying"why are we always the ones alone" then cordelia came up to him and he blew her off. But i did grow to accept them a little bit

Tinkerbellv101

[46]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 8
    I hate hate hate Buffy and Riley! Thank god he left... then i was like how dare he come back with his ugly annoying wife! Buffy should have kicked both there asses out of Sunnydale!

TwistedConverse

[47]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 23
    Tinkerbellv101 wrote:
    I hate hate hate Buffy and Riley! Thank god he left... then i was like how dare he come back with his ugly annoying wife! Buffy should have kicked both there asses out of Sunnydale!

I agree that Riley was terrible but I liked Sam actually.

gta3avcasa

[48]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 2

Just my two cents on the Spuffy thing:

Whether or not you guys believe it to be true, Joss Whedon has stated that Buffy truly meant it when she said it. It could have been in an interview, but I'm fairly certain it was in the Chosen episode commentary.

If Joss Whedon says it's true...

LeytonTLA

[49]Feb 18, 2010
    • level: 16
    i chose willow and kennedy cos kennedy is terrible!!!! But in really close second is Buffy and Riley , i really really dislike him!

Starprincess13

[50]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 24

I voted for Willow/Kennedy for the reasons already stated. Buffy/Riley comes second, also for the reasons already stated.

JoshSutton

[51]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 15
    I voted Willow/Xander

Madelynn1984

[52]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 6

Monstro3000 wrote:

The_void_68 wrote:
    Then again, as other Fuffy shippers will testify, canonicity isn't everything.

Fuffy? Faith and Buffy? FAITH and BUFFY? Ye gods that would have been hot. I think viewers across the planet would spontaneously have humped their TV sets.

Anyway, Buffy and Max from Roswell for me (in the season 2 episode Lie To Me, how's that for obscurity?). She already had more than enough dark, brooding, hunky loner in her life at the time.

Hahahahaha I'm picturing a bunch of people humping their tv sets right now!

DeadMessenger82

[53]Apr 9, 2010
    Madelynn1984 wrote:

Monstro3000 wrote:

The_void_68 wrote:
    Then again, as other Fuffy shippers will testify, canonicity isn't everything.

Fuffy? Faith and Buffy? FAITH and BUFFY? Ye gods that would have been hot. I think viewers across the planet would spontaneously have humped their TV sets.

Anyway, Buffy and Max from Roswell for me (in the season 2 episode Lie To Me, how's that for obscurity?). She already had more than enough dark, brooding, hunky loner in her life at the time.

Hahahahaha I'm picturing a bunch of people humping their tv sets right now!

so did i, and sometimes the plasma tv's were very really high up on the wall, it was awkward.

showinuse9

[54]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    um didnt you guys watch bad girls? lol

NiallB31

[55]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 8

I didn't really like Willow and Kennedy together, but it was kind of time for willow to start dating again.

DeadMessenger82

[56]Apr 10, 2010
    NiallB31 wrote:

I didn't really like Willow and Kennedy together, but it was kind of time for willow to start dating again.

oh pish posh

she'd been through a lot, it would have perfectly acceptable for her to have waited a little later till she wasn't trapped in apocolype house with her only option being... that.

...kidding... i love kennedy... they actually were really cute at times, like when they were in the bronze sipping novelty umbrellas, that was kind of nice.

LeytonTLA

[57]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 16

nah kennedy sucked @ss willow didn't need to move on lol i think we all would of understood if she just grieved and didnt move on .... ever lol

rockworm5039

[58]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 9

Reading this thread I see a lot of Spuffy haters. For a long time I was torn between Spuffy and Bangel I usually on the fence between the two now I'm completely Spuffy. In fact my recent rewatch of season 7 has made me convinced that buffy began falling in love with Spike long before Chosen. Anyway their my favorite couple on the show now.

buffy and riley on the other hand? Despite wanting to like Riley in season 4 he made damn sure I didn't by the time he left. What douche he was to go around feeling all sorry for himself because buffy didn't need him while her mom is dying? what the hell is that? He goes around letting vampire sluts suck him dry then when Buffy finds out he makes it look like its her fault..... WHAT AN A__HOLE! My only regret is that he didn't get killed.

Edited on 04/11/2010 2:23am

TwistedConverse

[59]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 23
    It would have been great if Riley had died!

fatfreeoreos

[60]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 40
    I'm a full on Spuffy shipper, but I also entertain fantasies and fanfic on Bangel and Bander. I detested Willow/Kennedy. I liked Xanya more towards the end; I never really understood what brought them together in the first place.