Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst buffy season

shout12

[1]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    i think the worst buffy season was season 3 because the storylines were really slow  there was no charecter development and no drama i would rate this season a 6 there were good eps but not good enough! What do u think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ViktorCharmed

[2]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 26
    I think the worst seaosn is Seaosn 1. It did have some good episodes, but it was way too short, and way too many silly episodes and the best characters and episodes just weren't there. Still an entertaining seasons, but nowhere near as good as the coming ones.

mateo82p

[3]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    Probably either season 3 or 5.

Lux22

[4]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    I love it all...everything makes sense. The only weeknes is season one, but it is undestandable.

ezechiel69

[5]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 11
    season 6

though some good episodes, i didn't like the trio, and evil willow came too late to save this season

SleepTight

[6]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 36
    yay, someone who doesn't think season 3 is the best.

mine is season 4 though, good but not as good.
    season 3 comes after it.

ViktorCharmed

[7]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 26
    I'm not overly fond of Season 3 either, although I love it too, as I love all the seasons. The weird thing is that I can't see what it is that I don't like about it.

I love Fiath, I love the Mayor. The main arcs are amazing, as are the episodes. The only thing I can say I don't really like is the way Bangel was treated and the underusage of Cordy.

So, there are a lot of things I love, but somehow, I just don't like it as much as the others (though, I like it better than S1 and S2).

watcher1006

[8]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    Season 3 was the only Buffy season where, during the finale, I had an enough-is-enough reaction. That mayor-snake just looked SO ridiculous.

I don't want to bash this season as a whole, however. After all it introduced us to Faith and Anya. And Wesley also, though he didn't stay long on the show. I did regret seeing Cordelia and Angel depart at the end, as they had been vital players on the first three seasons of the show.

whateh

[9]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 2
    wow interesting opinions. i think the worst season is season 4 cuz the main villian was weak, just a frankenstein wannabe and his masterplan was weak as well. and through half the season your thinking, where the hell are they going with this season. i love all the seasons, but for me season 4 is the weakest

o0oTanishao0o

[10]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 16
    Season 1 definitely and season 7 comes in second.

NJZ

[11]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 29

whateh wrote:
    wow interesting opinions. i think the worst season is season 4 cuz the main villian was weak, just a frankenstein wannabe and his masterplan was weak as well. and through half the season your thinking, where the hell are they going with this season. i love all the seasons, but for me season 4 is the weakest

I agree with your view. Season 4 was just so boring for me, nothing interesting happened and it was obvious from the start that there was something dodgy about Prof. Walsh. And Riley, one of the most boring characters ever(with the exception of Kennedy and some of the other potentials.)

A lot of people say that season 3 was the worst for poor character development. However, Season 3 did give us Faith, one of the best characters in Buffy history IMO.

SleepTight

[12]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 36
    I don't like season 4 as much for a VERY different reason of others.

I love Adam, I love Riley.

but I completely hated Spike, nobody of the jossverse was as annoying as he was in season 4.

Episodes I enjoyed less than average:
    The initiative
    Doomed
    A new man
    Superstar

episodes I wasn't impressed with:
    The Harsh Light Of day
    Fear Itself
    Pangs
    Something Blue

episodes I found to be good:
    Living conditions
    Hush
    the I in team
    Who are you
    Where the wild things are
    New moon rising
    The yoko factor
    Primeval

episodes I found to be better than good:
    The freshman
    Beer Bad
    Goodbye Iowa
    This year's girl

perfect episodes:
    Wild at heart
    Restless.

see, only two perfect episodes aren't enough,
    now, if we were talking about Charmed.
    but this is Buffy.
    Buffy can do a lot better.
    Edited on 06/01/2006 2:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

deadmanjeff

[13]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    i would say season 4 is the worst season because it doesnt have a big bad until the second half or so of the show and even then the big bad(Adam) isn't that good plus there was no school library or magic box

MetroidSA-X

[14]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 20
    Season 4, great episodes, just it has what is easily the least interesting main arc of the entire series. At first it was interesting but it seemed to get stale in the second half og the season. Just look at Primeval, good episode, but it wasn't good enough to be the season finale. Plus, Adam was easily the worst big bad.

Vedran_Kurama

[15]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 16
    Although Season 1 was a mess and the production value was low it made up with great episodes like Nightmares & Out of Mind, Out of Sight. Season 6 was terrible and didn't have any episodes that made up the terrible character development (other than OMWF..amazing!)

buffyTVSrox

[16]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 33
    MetroidSA-X wrote:
    Just look at Primeval, good episode, but it wasn't good enough to be the season finale.

Which is probably why it wasn't

WickedCat

[17]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 8
    I think it would have to be for. But it did have some good episodes like "Hush" and the classic Willow/Tara hook up episode "New Moon Rising" How can you be a buffy fan and not like Willow/Tara?

Then the next would be six. Then only thing that I liked about it was the musical, the Tara/Willow moments and naked or shirtless Spike, plus evil Willow because she kicked butt and put Buffy in her place.

mateo82p

[18]Jun 1, 2006
    watcher1006 wrote:
    Season 3 was the only Buffy season where, during the finale, I had an enough-is-enough reaction. That mayor-snake just looked SO ridiculous.

I don't want to bash this season as a whole, however. After all it introduced us to Faith and Anya. And Wesley also, though he didn't stay long on the show. I did regret seeing Cordelia and Angel depart at the end, as they had been vital players on the first three seasons of the show.

Definitely agree. The Mayor was one of the big bads during the season, but the finale he was so lame. They built him up to be unstoppable... that they needed volcanoes to defeat him last time. Having the classmates gang up on him and blow up the building seemed a bit underwhelming given the hype.

I thought there was also an above-average amount of bickering this season. It went from bickering between Buffy and Xander (and others) over Angel returning, and Angel and Buffy bickering when he was going to leave... and Buffy and Faith bickering over her insanity, and Angel and Buffy bickering over Faith because he had empathy for her... it just seemed like a lot. And I agree with the person who said Cordy was underused after the breakup.

RosSlayville

[19]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 15
    i gotta say season 4 as well!

mateo82p

[20]Jun 1, 2006
    ezechiel69 wrote:
    season 6

though some good episodes, i didn't like the trio, and evil willow came too late to save this season

I didn't like the trio either, but I thought Warren was pretty good. See, they were in a difficult situation there. They couldn't have had Evil Willow come sooner, otherwise they would have had trouble preventing her from killing more people, which obviously they couldn't do and keep her around as a good guy afterwards.

I liked Warren because he was a realistic bad guy. He wasn't a demon so he wasn't cartoonishly evil. He was just an immoral person with issues with women. The fact that he killed 2 people and not more made it realistic and frightening in a real life way. So that was just a difficult season to have a big bad with a big long storyline. I think they should have cut Warren from the trio earlier to allow us to see the evil side of him more. Being around the 2 geeks all the time muzzled how truely evil he was.