Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst buffy season

mateo82p

[21]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    MetroidSA-X wrote:
    Season 4, great episodes, just it has what is easily the least interesting main arc of the entire series. At first it was interesting but it seemed to get stale in the second half og the season. Just look at Primeval, good episode, but it wasn't good enough to be the season finale. Plus, Adam was easily the worst big bad.

Worst in which way? Uninteresting? Because in terms of strength he is arguably the best. He threw Buffy around like she was a piece of meat. They had to use magic to turn her into superbuffy just to defeat him. That usually wasn't the case. Buffy defeated Glory, a god, in hand to hand without magic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OrsonWright

[22]Jun 1, 2006
    • level: 19
    I'd have to say the final season, which was boring to watch.  I didn't like how Buffy was so weak and yet so arrogant.  She lost her human side and was difficult to identify with.

I also didn't like the second half of Season 6... "Buffy" was THE show for excellent season finales, until this season's horrible ending.  For me, the show just went downhill from there, not even making use of its final season to regain some of its former glory.

buffyTVSrox

[23]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 33
    OrsonWright wrote:
    I'd have to say the final season, which was boring to watch.  I didn't like how Buffy was so weak and yet so arrogant.  She lost her human side and was difficult to identify with.

I also didn't like the second half of Season 6... "Buffy" was THE show for excellent season finales, until this season's horrible ending.  For me, the show just went downhill from there, not even making use of its final season to regain some of its former glory.

Wow. Grave, the season 6 finale, is one of my top ten episodes. Also, season seven is my favorite...

SleepTight

[24]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 36
    buffyTVSrox wrote:

Wow. Grave, the season 6 finale, is one of my top ten episodes.

You rock

abhainn_anam

[25]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    SleepTight wrote:
    yay, someone who doesn't think season 3 is the best.

mine is season 4 though, good but not as good.
    season 3 comes after it.

season 4 was definitely the worst- i hated the storyline and the sci-fi theme behind the season. the only few good eps were the last one and hush. overall, a very boring season buffywise- still good television- cos, you know, it's buffy- but worst and most boring season.

abhainn_anam

[26]Jun 2, 2006
    whateh wrote:
    wow interesting opinions. i think the worst season is season 4 cuz the main villian was weak, just a frankenstein wannabe and his masterplan was weak as well. and through half the season your thinking, where the hell are they going with this season. i love all the seasons, but for me season 4 is the weakest

well said. there was nothing for it

abhainn_anam

[27]Jun 2, 2006
    NJZ wrote:

whateh wrote:
    wow interesting opinions. i think the worst season is season 4 cuz the main villian was weak, just a frankenstein wannabe and his masterplan was weak as well. and through half the season your thinking, where the hell are they going with this season. i love all the seasons, but for me season 4 is the weakest

I agree with your view. Season 4 was just so boring for me, nothing interesting happened and it was obvious from the start that there was something dodgy about Prof. Walsh. And Riley, one of the most boring characters ever(with the exception of Kennedy and some of the other potentials.)

A lot of people say that season 3 was the worst for poor character development. However, Season 3 did give us Faith, one of the best characters in Buffy history IMO.

season 3 did tear me apart with the bangel relationship- it was so... different. it was so sad. but i liked that they introduced the first, and i like how faith was introduced.

abhainn_anam

[28]Jun 2, 2006
    MetroidSA-X wrote:
    Season 4, great episodes, just it has what is easily the least interesting main arc of the entire series. At first it was interesting but it seemed to get stale in the second half og the season. Just look at Primeval, good episode, but it wasn't good enough to be the season finale. Plus, Adam was easily the worst big bad.

the fight with him wasn't as big as the other seasons finales had.

abhainn_anam

[29]Jun 2, 2006
    mateo82p wrote:
    MetroidSA-X wrote:

Worst in which way? Uninteresting? Because in terms of strength he is arguably the best. He threw Buffy around like she was a piece of meat. They had to use magic to turn her into superbuffy just to defeat him. That usually wasn't the case. Buffy defeated Glory, a god, in hand to hand without magic.

what about the umm... what's it called? the globe she used to weaken glory?

abhainn_anam

[30]Jun 2, 2006
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    OrsonWright wrote:
    I'd have to say the final season, which was boring to watch. I didn't like how Buffy was so weak and yet so arrogant. She lost her human side and was difficult to identify with.

I also didn't like the second half of Season 6... "Buffy" was THE show for excellent season finales, until this season's horrible ending. For me, the show just went downhill from there, not even making use of its final season to regain some of its former glory.

Wow. Grave, the season 6 finale, is one of my top ten episodes. Also, season seven is my favorite...

i really think that the last two seasons were really good, and i liked the high school. i'd have to say that my least fave seasons were 4 and then 5. the others were all really good- yes, including season 1

abhainn_anam

[31]Jun 2, 2006
    lol, the last 7 posts were all mine weren't they? whooops!

o0oTanishao0o

[32]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 16
    abhainn_anam wrote:
    mateo82p wrote:
    MetroidSA-X wrote:

what about the umm... what's it called? the globe she used to weaken glory?

It was the Orb of Thesulah Buffy used to weaken Glory, but technically Buffy never killed Glory. Giles killed Ben which automatically killed Glory, so technically Glory was the best in strength not Adam.

IceMachine213

[33]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    o0oTanishao0o wrote:
    It was the Orb of Thesulah Buffy used to weaken Glory, but technically Buffy never killed Glory. Giles killed Ben which automatically killed Glory, so technically Glory was the best in strength not Adam.

The Orb of Thesulah is what is used to restore the soul (they used it on Angel)

The Dagonsphere is what weakens Glory.

Sorry. I'm a big Buffy geek.

o0oTanishao0o

[34]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 16
    IceMachine213 wrote:
    o0oTanishao0o wrote:

Oh ya my bad I got the names confused.

watcher1006

[35]Jun 2, 2006
    Also remember that Willow used magic to soften Glory up at the beginning by taking Tara's mind back from her. It was Willow who led the Scoobies' attack.

Some fans complain that Season 7 should have been more about the Scooby Gang. Actually though, I think that group had its time in Season 5 and the fight against Glory. In Season 6 it broke apart. When the survivors came back together in the last season they weren't their own little group anymore, rather they were part of an army.

ViktorCharmed

[36]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 26
    I am one of the few who actually like Seaosn 4. The Initiative was rather fun, but a bit boring at times. I didn't like Riley or Adam. But the episodes were really, really great. Many people seem to hate the silliness of most of them, but I found it refreshing and hilarious. I also adore the over all feeling of the Season. So fresh and fun. Plus, S4 had a great introduction to Spike as a main character, some really hilarious scenes with Harm and it contained episodes like Hush, Restless and Who Are You?
    It's truly an amazing season.

buffyTVSrox

[37]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 33
    IceMachine213 wrote:
    o0oTanishao0o wrote:

HAHA, I guess I'm one too then- I waas just about to say that

Alsl, The Orb of Thesulah makes a great new-age paperweight

FoxMulder_GMAN

[38]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 21
    I've said this before, but it bears repeating: Season 4 USED to be my least favorite season, but the more I watch it the more I like it. It has some of the funniest moments in the series i.e. Buffy conking Parker over the head, Gachnar the fear demon being revealed, Giles being turned into a demon, Spike trying to bite Willow, the hand motions in hush, etc. It also has some the most heartbreaking moments i.e. Willow finding Oz and Veruca in the cage, Oz leaving, Willow coping with her loss, the scoobies growing apart and breaking up, etc. And the clincher: It introduced Tara.
    Edited on 06/02/2006 11:32am

watcher1006

[39]Jun 2, 2006
    ViktorCharmed wrote:
    I am one of the few who actually like Seaosn 4. The Initiative was rather fun, but a bit boring at times. I didn't like Riley or Adam. But the episodes were really, really great. Many people seem to hate the silliness of most of them, but I found it refreshing and hilarious. I also adore the over all feeling of the Season. So fresh and fun. Plus, S4 had a great introduction to Spike as a main character, some really hilarious scenes with Harm and it contained episodes like Hush, Restless and Who Are You?
    It's truly an amazing season.

"Something Blue" is a really good episode as well, and that one really does foreshadow stuff that will happen later in the series.

I agree that there is a free-and-fun background feeling to Season 4, sort of what people actually experience when they leave home to go to college. It really was a transition season for the show, leaving the setting of Sunnydale High School.

I guess the Initiative was okay, but Adam and his planned Frankenstein monster army was just kind of a weak arc, IMO.

MetroidSA-X

[40]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 20
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    MetroidSA-X wrote:
    Just look at Primeval, good episode, but it wasn't good enough to be the season finale.
    Which is probably why it wasn't
    That's what I saying. The story arc itself and Adam and everything weren't season finale material.