Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst buffy season

PenguinSuzie

[301]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 10

Season 6 has got to be my least favourite out of the lot. All that Spuffy, it's so unflattering to both the characters. Willow's addiction to magic, abuse of it and mind raping Tara. Dark Willow. The characters made so many bad moves and decisions.W&T spending all of Joyce's money and living in her house taking care of Dawn then not bothering to help Buffy with her money problems when she came back. Giles leaving. Xander leaving Anya at the alter. Self absorbed and careless Buffy. OMWF & Tabula Rasa were good and fun episodes (though both ended in a Spuffy kiss and had a lot about the downward spirals of the group.) Dawn the kleptomaniac. Willow stabbing Bambi to death. The groups complete stupidity of resurrecting Buffy while she was still buried. There were so many other things as well thatwere just annoying. Though there were some good episodes and I like the first 3 episodes or so.

S5 would be my second least favourite. Dawn. The beginnings of actual Spuffy. Spike has the Buffybot made (despite how amusing she is, it just makes him look pathetic and highlights his horrible obssession with B). Despite liking Glory, I never particularly liked the arc. There were some good episodes though.

BUFFYtvSROX wrote:
    *sigh* What happened to the days when there were more Spuffy fans than Bangel fans on this forum?
    I know you weren't talking to me but, it's not a matter of competing pairings for me. I just really don't like the pairing. I don't think they fit. As much as I like both characters, this pairing just makes them both look really bad. It makes Buffy look like a cruel b**ch and makes Spike look like her worshipping puppy dog.

Edited on 12/15/2011 9:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nefeli2

[302]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 4

seasons 1 and 4 where my least favorites

KyahCA

[303]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 6

shout12 wrote:
    i think the worst buffy season was season 3 because the storylines were really slow there was no charecter development and no drama i would rate this season a 6 there were good eps but not good enough! What do u think?
    I completely agree, Season 3 is my least favourite also. I mean, it has some great episodes, and Faith is a great addition of course, but the rest of the season just didn't do it for me. I was never really into the whole Mayor thing, and nothing very big ever happened, mainly just little things here and there.

vespa4

[304]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 4

got to be 5, it had dawn, riley and tara, the three worst characters from the whole show. Not only is dawn a terrible character but as soon as she arrived, they turned buffys character into a massive dick! I liked glory as a big bad but it wasnt enough to save the series

KyahCA

[305]Feb 15, 2012

vespa4 wrote:

got to be 5, it had dawn, riley and tara, the three worst characters from the whole show. Not only is dawn a terrible character but as soon as she arrived, they turned buffys character into a massive dick! I liked glory as a big bad but it wasnt enough to save the series

Wow, really? S5 is my favourite... And you don't like Tara? D: Oh my gosh, I love her...

ktfahel

[306]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 16

My least favorite season is easily season 7. Stoic Buffy. Useless Potentials. Andrew prominently featured. Mad Spike. Absolutely no light whatsoever. Did they not pay their power bill? Season 7 is the ONLY season that I don't care if I ever see it again. I would rather watch the Adam season than this one.

(FYI, my favorite is 6.)

GCT89

[307]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 8

My worst season would have to be season 7, largely due to the potentials and complete destruction of Buffy's character who became so unfeeling and bitter toward the series end, the big bads are impressive however particularly Caleb who should have been introduced earlier in the season rather than right at the end. Everything just seems off in this season Willow in particularly seems to have lost most of her personality largely due to Tara's death and her relationship with Kennedy just seems rushed and contrived, there is hardly any chemistry between them. The only character that grows on me in the season is Dawn who in the past two seasons was mind numbingly irritating, she clearly has grown in maturity and has lost a great deal of past resentment toward Buffy. Had it not been for the annoying potentials and jaded and sour Buffy the season final of Buffy could have been something but sadly isnt

Lily_Scott

[308]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 1

ViktorCharmed wrote:

aless888 wrote:
    I didn't like season 4, I hated Riley.
    I think Riley was ok, but only until he became a regular. From "The Freshman" to "Hush", he was a fun, likeable character, but then he just became so boring and whiney, that I couldn't stand him.

It's the same way with Connor on Angel. He was a good character in his few appearances in Season 3, but then he became a regular in Season 4, and I hated him. Then in Season 5 when he appeared in two episodes, I loved him.

i totally agree with everything you just said. i liked riley. he was a new experience for buffy, but then he got whiney, buffy joined the initiative and it all went to hell. then he left and came back for an episode, married.

and in angel, i loved connor. then he became a regular and the whole cordy/connor thing was super gross and innapropriate. i still cried when angel got lilah to make him for get and gave him a family and stuff. i loved him again in the eps he was in in season 5 though

Lily_Scott

[309]Apr 16, 2012

ViktorCharmed wrote:
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    xXpapercutXx wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!! Finally someone who gets it!!! I was begining to think everyone was flippen crazy!!!! My worst seasons are totally 1and7!!! How can you not like 6, that one ROCKS!! Hello, the musical and of course the one where they all forget who they are. I'm sorry but I have to leave now......
    Yes, "Once More, With Feeling" and "Tabula Rasa" are some great episodes. However, I have to say that if you don't like season seven, you've got to be at least a tiny bit insane How many times have you watched it? I know most people seem to likeit more the second time around, for some reason. Conversations With Dead People is my favorite episode ever. Even if you didn't like the season, you did like that episode, right?
    That is so Tru. (True, I mean. I just got the Tru Calling DVD set ). Anyway. The first time I watched Season 7, I didn't really like it. I felt that it was way too arc-y and that the main arc wasn't really that great, but at my second viewing, I saw the beauty of it, and I realized that there very few bad episodes, and some really tremendous ones (CWDP, Him, Storyteller, SELFLESS). So, it really is amazing, and becomes even better the more you watch it.

note to self: watch season 7 again

Lily_Scott

[310]Apr 16, 2012

o0oTanishao0o wrote:
    nickilo wrote:

Season 1 was pretty lame but it got everything started so i cant complain. Of course the animation in the first season was pretty poor but i dont blame them...at the time I probly thot they were amazing.

But beside season 1, I'd say season 6 was the worst (If i had to choose one). The trio was pretty lame and it woulda been better if theyd brought back a vilain they had before. I did enjoy evil willow but it came in too late and I also liked the relationship bewteen Spike and Buffy.

BTW I dont understand howa majorityof u ppl didnt like season 3. It had such a great story with faith and Angel + other great stuff.

Also, season 7 was soooo good and if neone didnt like it ill have to kill you.

BUFFY4 LIF3!

Well I am going to have to disagree with you. I think Season 7 was a piece of crap. I mean what makes me hate Season 7 is the fact that all the focus was put on the first and because of this the attention was taken away from the main character storylines. I think all the main character storylines were just so dull. The Spuffy storyline was last years news and I had enough of it. Dawn became less whiny but that didn't make her anymore exciting and it was as if she was just there. There wasn't too much going on with the Xander/Anya storyline. The whole Willow being afraid of using magic was boring and I am not even going to mention the Willow/Kennedy relationship. The actual storyline when Anya was still a vengeance demon was interesting until she became human again. Don't get me wrong, I mean there were some good episodes but overall the season was lacking so much. Not to mention I found the whole season to be a lot darker than the others, and I felt it lacked the humor that the other seasons had.

im gonna have to agree with o0oTanishao0o on this one. season 7 just dragged too much of the past seasons with it. i think willow got over tara a bit too quick considering how much she loved her. the whole amy turning willow into warren thing was a bit weird and unnecessary, i mean she did make her human after she turned herself into a rat. i never liked the Spuffy relationship. i think they kinda killed spikes character by making him fall in love with buffy, especially making him willing to kill drusilla for her. i didnt really like dawn's character in any of the seasons, purely because she was also unnecessary. there was no past mention of buffy having a sister at any time in the show. also, the whole point of buffy, is that there is one slayer. she is meant to be alone, what made buffy special is that she wasnt alone. but to bring hundreds more soon-to-be slayers into it was a bit silly, especially at the end where willow did the spell to turn them all into actual slayers. buffy has always been he strong one, but she kinda, was too...out of control in this season. she was kicked out of her own house, she was too selfish, not really thinking about what was best for everyone else, not listening to what they had to say. i think the highlight of season 7 for me was faith coming back and xanders speech to dawn about being the one that just watches. so season 7 was the under average season for me.

p.s i do like the episode conversations with dead people

hairolfitri

[311]Apr 17, 2012

Without a doubt season 7. It has the worst season baddie, and The Potentials are annoying as hell. The Turok-han and The First and Caleb were the least threatening threats, in my opinion.

In response to the people who say season 3 is the worst, I believe it is the most consistent. It's low on "excellent, incredible masterpieces", but every episode was well above average, in my opinion. Faith's decline from Buffy's accomplice to foe is entertaining, though hard, to watch. I suppose the Mayor storyline was dragged out, but I see no fault in that because I think Harry Groener played him brilliantly well, and more than compensated for the slow pace.

ktfahel

[312]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 16

Lily_Scott wrote:

and in angel, i loved connor. then he became a regular and the whole cordy/connor thing was super gross and innapropriate. i still cried when angel got lilah to make him for get and gave him a family and stuff. i loved him again in the eps he was in in season 5 though

I'll be honest; it was Connor that made me stop watching Angel. It had shades of Crissy from "Growing Pains" and Jonathan Winters in "Mork & Mindy".

fayelouise_8813

[313]May 17, 2012
    • level: 7
    My worst series is series 4. I was never keen on Riley, and didnt get much into the Initiative story-line

fayelouise_8813

[314]May 17, 2012
    • level: 7
    KyahCA wrote:

vespa4 wrote:

Wow, really? S5 is my favourite... And you don't like Tara? D: Oh my gosh, I love her...

Season 5 is also my favourite
    I loved Glory as the villain, and i also love Tara! Never keen on Dawn, but oh well, season 4 has some of my favourite episodes in it

KyahCA

[315]Jun 2, 2012
    I would just like to change my answer... In my last post I said S5 was my favourite, but after my last series rewatch, I've found that S6 is my most favourite. I love it so much. I find that very little of the season drags on like most of the seasons tend to do. I really like pretty much every episode, and I just love the realism to it. I love seeing the characters having to face real-life dilemmas, it's a great season that everyone can relate to somehow.

Plus, there's the classic OMWF episode, and the heart-breaking Seeing Red (Tara! ), and I just love the finale, it's one of my favourites. Crayon-breaky Willow. ♥

Lily_Scott

[317]Jul 9, 2012

ktfahel wrote:

Lily_Scott wrote:

I'll be honest; it was Connor that made me stop watching Angel. It had shades of Crissy from "Growing Pains" and Jonathan Winters in "Mork & Mindy".

i agree, i didn't stop watching it though because i wanted to watch all of it, but i seriously dont like season 4