Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst buffy season

MetroidSA-X

[41]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 20
    mateo82p wrote:
    MetroidSA-X wrote:
    Season 4, great episodes, just it has what is easily the least interesting main arc of the entire series. At first it was interesting but it seemed to get stale in the second half og the season. Just look at Primeval, good episode, but it wasn't good enough to be the season finale. Plus, Adam was easily the worst big bad.
    Worst in which way? Uninteresting? Because in terms of strength he is arguably the best. He threw Buffy around like she was a piece of meat. They had to use magic to turn her into superbuffy just to defeat him. That usually wasn't the case. Buffy defeated Glory, a god, in hand to hand without magic.
    Pretty much yes, Adam bored me...Though I still kinda liked him....but he wasn't close to being as interesting as the other big bads.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

funkyfresh5

[42]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 33

FoxMulder_GMAN wrote:
    I've said this before, but it bears repeating: Season 4 USED to be my least favorite season, but the more I watch it the more I like it. It has some of the funniest moments in the series i.e. Buffy conking Parker over the head, Gachnar the fear demon being revealed, Giles being turned into a demon, Spike trying to bite Willow, the hand motions in hush, etc. It also has some the most heartbreaking moments i.e. Willow finding Oz and Veruca in the cage, Oz leaving, Willow coping with her loss, the scoobies growing apart and breaking up, etc. And the clincher: It introduced Tara.

Agree. When I first starting watching Buffy, I watched in bits and pieces but s3 was my favourite and s4 was when I lost interest. But watching them both in full I like s3 less (still like it though) and s4 a lot more. There are some amazing episodes. I recently watched "Wild at heart" which broke my heart and "Pangs" which I found to be really funny especially with Spike and of course Angel whose appearences always make an episode better

MetroidSA-X

[43]Jun 2, 2006

ViktorCharmed wrote:
    I am one of the few who actually like Seaosn 4. The Initiative was rather fun, but a bit boring at times. I didn't like Riley or Adam. But the episodes were really, really great. Many people seem to hate the silliness of most of them, but I found it refreshing and hilarious. I also adore the over all feeling of the Season. So fresh and fun. Plus, S4 had a great introduction to Spike as a main character, some really hilarious scenes with Harm and it contained episodes like Hush, Restless and Who Are You? It's truly an amazing season.
    I agree with you...

watcher1006 wrote:
    ViktorCharmed wrote:
    I am one of the few who actually like Seaosn 4. The Initiative was rather fun, but a bit boring at times. I didn't like Riley or Adam. But the episodes were really, really great. Many people seem to hate the silliness of most of them, but I found it refreshing and hilarious. I also adore the over all feeling of the Season. So fresh and fun. Plus, S4 had a great introduction to Spike as a main character, some really hilarious scenes with Harm and it contained episodes like Hush, Restless and Who Are You? It's truly an amazing season.
    "Something Blue" is a really good episode as well, and that one really does foreshadow stuff that will happen later in the series. I agree that there is a free-and-fun background feeling to Season 4, sort of what people actually experience when they leave home to go to college. It really was a transition season for the show, leaving the setting of Sunnydale High School. I guess the Initiative was okay, but Adam and his planned Frankenstein monster army was just kind of a weak arc, IMO.
    and you

MetroidSA-X

[44]Jun 2, 2006
    SleepTight wrote:
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    Wow. Grave, the season 6 finale, is one of my top ten episodes.
    You rock
    Grave is a great ep, not top ten or even top 20 for me but still great. Being that it's the only season finale not written and directed by Joss, it's surprisingly just as good as the rest.

slayeretteguy

[45]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 2
    Either season 1 or 4. I love every season but those two seasons dont do it for me like the other ones did. Season 1 was two short and some silly episodes let it down. Season 4 lacked spark and the Adam eps came a bit too late. Season 2 and 5 are my faves though!

mateo82p

[46]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    abhainn_anam wrote:
    mateo82p wrote:
    MetroidSA-X wrote:
    Season 4, great episodes, just it has what is easily the least interesting main arc of the entire series. At first it was interesting but it seemed to get stale in the second half og the season. Just look at Primeval, good episode, but it wasn't good enough to be the season finale. Plus, Adam was easily the worst big bad.

Worst in which way? Uninteresting? Because in terms of strength he is arguably the best. He threw Buffy around like she was a piece of meat. They had to use magic to turn her into superbuffy just to defeat him. That usually wasn't the case. Buffy defeated Glory, a god, in hand to hand without magic.

what about the umm... what's it called? the globe she used to weaken glory?

It broke at the beginning of the fight.

mateo82p

[47]Jun 2, 2006
    o0oTanishao0o wrote:
    abhainn_anam wrote:
    mateo82p wrote:
    MetroidSA-X wrote:

It was the Orb of Thesulah Buffy used to weaken Glory, but technically Buffy never killed Glory. Giles killed Ben which automatically killed Glory, so technically Glory was the best in strength not Adam.

It's been a while since I saw that finale, but I believe Buffy took mercy on Ben and left him alone. Giles didn't. If you think that makes Glory stronger than Adam, I say that's insane. Adam completely dominated Buffy until she got magic.

buffyTVSrox

[48]Jun 2, 2006
    mateo82p wrote:
    abhainn_anam wrote:
    mateo82p wrote:
    MetroidSA-X wrote:

It broke at the beginning of the fight.

Yes, but Glory crushed it in her hands, and touching it, even for as short a time as she did, weakend her.

IceMachine213

[49]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    Let's look at this way - Glory is a better / more formidable enemy because of the effect she had on the slayer. Adam was tough, and Buffy knew it. But she knew she would beat him - she knew they would win.

Glory is the one that made Buffy give up. She was so terrifed of facing her again and losing Dawn that she took the Scoobies and RAN away, ultimately to no avail as we know, but still. And when Glory took Dawn, Buffy actually, for the first time really gave up the fight.

The despair and terror that Glory inflicted on Buffy makes her the superior villain in my eyes.

mateo82p

[50]Jun 2, 2006
    buffyTVSrox wrote:

Yes, but Glory crushed it in her hands, and touching it, even for as short a time as she did, weakend her.

That's not the way I interpreted it. She was visibly weakened while it still existed. When she crushed it she looked stronger. To me, it didn't seem like the effects lasted after it was broken.

mateo82p

[51]Jun 2, 2006
    IceMachine213 wrote:
    Let's look at this way - Glory is a better / more formidable enemy because of the effect she had on the slayer. Adam was tough, and Buffy knew it. But she knew she would beat him - she knew they would win.

Glory is the one that made Buffy give up. She was so terrifed of facing her again and losing Dawn that she took the Scoobies and RAN away, ultimately to no avail as we know, but still. And when Glory took Dawn, Buffy actually, for the first time really gave up the fight.

The despair and terror that Glory inflicted on Buffy makes her the superior villain in my eyes.

Well that may be the case; i'm not arguing that. Just that Adam is superior physically. But Dawn wasn't around in season 4 so we have no idea what Buffy's reaction would have been if Adam had went after her.

buffyTVSrox

[52]Jun 2, 2006
    IceMachine213 wrote:

I completely agree.

o0oTanishao0o

[53]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 16
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 06/04/2006 3:31am
    Edited 2 total times.

OrsonWright

[54]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 19
    ViktorCharmed wrote:
    I am one of the few who actually like Seaosn 4. I also adore the over all feeling of the Season.

That's a good way of putting it, and it's the reason I like Season 4. Season 2 was super exciting, but it was sad too. Season 4 had a lighter feel to it.

mateo82p

[55]Jun 3, 2006
    Yeah, that might actually be one of the reasons I like season 4 so much. in every other season there is some type of major tension going on, but not much here. lot's of happy stuff like xander and anya coming together... the only real sad thing is Oz leaving, but Willow falls for Tara not long afterwards.

LB80

[56]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 65

Season 6.

It tried to be too moody, and just ended up being boring

o0oTanishao0o

[57]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 16
    LB80 wrote:

Season 6.

It was so not boring just more realistic

spikemaniac

[58]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 50
    o0oTanishao0o wrote:
    LB80 wrote:

Season 6.

It was so not boring just more realistic

Yeah that's right.

For me, each Buffy season is like a completely different show to me. They're all so so different.
    Like, compare season 2 to Season 6. It's weird. But Seasons 6 is GREAT

aless888

[59]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 23
    I didn't like season 4, I hated Riley.

ViktorCharmed

[60]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 26

aless888 wrote:
    I didn't like season 4, I hated Riley.
    I think Riley was ok, but only until he became a regular. From "The Freshman" to "Hush", he was a fun, likeable character, but then he just became so boring and whiney, that I couldn't stand him.

It's the same way with Connor on Angel. He was a good character in his few appearances in Season 3, but then he became a regular in Season 4, and I hated him. Then in Season 5 when he appeared in two episodes, I loved him.

Edited on 06/07/2006 7:04am