Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst buffy season

FoxMulder_GMAN

[61]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 21
    to be fair, though, the Connor in season 5 was not the same Connor as season 4. Season 4 Connor was a pain
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ViktorCharmed

[62]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 26
    FoxMulder_GMAN wrote:
    to be fair, though, the Connor in season 5 was not the same Connor as season 4. Season 4 Connor was a pain

He trult was. But Season 5 Connor was a blast. He was lively, funny and energetic. Plus, I love his sense of humour after his memories got changed. Especially his remark about Angel dating Nina. You know - the warewolf joke.

MetroidSA-X

[63]Jun 7, 2006
    • level: 20
    ViktorCharmed wrote:
    FoxMulder_GMAN wrote:
    He trult was. But Season 5 Connor was a blast. He was lively, funny and energetic. Plus, I love his sense of humour after his memories got changed. Especially his remark about Angel dating Nina. You know - the warewolf joke.
    Season 4 Connor didn't really have a reason to be lively, funny, and energetic...just saying. I don't think there was anything wrong with Connor, he had problems, sure he may not have been the most likeable character. But I think as a character, he worked.

ViktorCharmed

[64]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 26
    MetroidSA-X wrote:
    ViktorCharmed wrote:
    FoxMulder_GMAN wrote:
    Season 4 Connor didn't really have a reason to be lively, funny, and energetic...just saying. I don't think there was anything wrong with Connor, he had problems, sure he may not have been the most likeable character. But I think as a character, he worked.

Yeah, I'm not questioning the realism of his character. He is very realistic, and very deep and emotional. So as far as characters go, he is really real. The reason why I dislike him as that he's so not entertaining to watch. I can enjoy dark brroing characters (like Angel and Wes), but not Connor. He was just not my type of guy.

SleepTight

[65]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 36
    To me, Connor in season 5 was too...too much.

Connor on season 4 is one of my favorites.
    I love characters that aren't supposed to be liked.
    He was different than your average 'happy' character.
    He was screwed-up. That's what I liked about him, he had depth and got to say some very depressing lines.
    I also loved all his fighting scenes and everything he brought to the show.
    I loved his twisted relationship with CordEvila and later with Jasmine.
    I just loved his character.

When he came on 'Origin' he was too much of a dork.
    Until he got his memory back and decapitated Shajhan.
    That's the Connor I love

FoxMulder_GMAN

[66]Jun 8, 2006
    I loved it when he told Angel he knew Angel was his father, and he was cool with it. It was really a defining moment in the series.

[67]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 1
    Season 1 was the worst so far

oldreliable

[68]Jun 21, 2006
    Well, their all great, but I think season 6 is a bit off, compared with the rest

watcher1006

[69]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 10
    Season 6 - yes, Buffy had a hard time adjusting to being alive in her world again. But not only that - I thought the whole show had been thrown a bit off balance by the cataclysmic event of her dying at the end of Season 5. I would never call Season 6 a bad season, but the Season 5 finale was a big thing for the show to pick itself up from.

Ruthin4Eva

[70]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 5
    I really didn't like season 4. The whole Riley storyline was just boring and I just wanted it to be OVER. Of course, I still own it on DVD, so I must not really hate it.

AuntArlene

[71]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 24
    I don't love season 6, but not for the same reasons everyone else seems to dislike it. I just plain missed Giles. He was such an important part of the show that it seemed a little empty without him.

I'll have to admit it did lead to one of the best entrances ever though.

FoxMulder_GMAN

[72]Jun 21, 2006
    AuntArlene wrote:
    I don't love season 6, but not for the same reasons everyone else seems to dislike it. I just plain missed Giles. He was such an important part of the show that it seemed a little empty without him.

exactly, it made it all the better when he came back. And you have to admit, that without him, some things happened that NEVER would have happenned if he were there...like Spike/Buffy, Willows macic abuse, and I have to think if he had been there, they may have been able to figure out what the trio was up to earlier than they did, which would mean Tara would still be alive

teejayboy

[73]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 8

There isnt one!! they are all too good to be true!!

(although its season 1 in my opinion )

watcher1006

[74]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 10
    FoxMulder_GMAN wrote:
    AuntArlene wrote:

exactly, it made it all the better when he came back. And you have to admit, that without him, some things happened that NEVER would have happenned if he were there...like Spike/Buffy, Willows macic abuse, and I have to think if he had been there, they may have been able to figure out what the trio was up to earlier than they did, which would mean Tara would still be alive

There was also a "growing-up" theme in Season 6, which Giles' departure played into.

With Joyce gone, there's no one to parent Dawn except Buffy, and resurrected Buffy is too self-absorbed to do the job. Giles, while he himself couldn't be Dawn's parent, could have reminded Buffy of her responsibilities (he did in Season 5.)

Xander apparently can't turn to his own parents for advice, and no one with an older perspective is available with whom he can discuss his pre-nuptial doubts.

In spite of her mixed feelings toward Giles, Willow could certainly have used his help before she went black-eyed überwitch, rather than afterwards.

Giles sings that he's standing in the way - her way - but it's so obvious that Buffy is not 100% having come back from the dead. She's downright irresponsible the way she acts in "Gone", and nobody's there to scold her.

So the theme of growing up is strong in this season but I still shake my head thinking of Giles leaving at SUCH a bad time. He even says so himself when talking to Buffy in "Grave".

superman8119

[75]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 25
    season 4

MetroidSA-X

[76]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 20
    AuntArlene wrote:

You know its wierd, I like Giles, but I didn't miss him all that much in season 6. To be honest sometimes I don't even realize he's not there. It's wierd...

Erfremed

[77]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 2
    Season 4 was the worst because what the **** is the army or wathever doing in Buffy?  It's just stupid

AuntArlene

[78]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 24

Erfremed wrote:
    Season 4 was the worst because what the **** is the army or wathever doing in Buffy? It's just stupid

In your humble opinion, of course.

o0oTanishao0o

[79]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 16
    MetroidSA-X wrote:
    AuntArlene wrote:

You know its wierd, I like Giles, but I didn't miss him all that much in season 6. To be honest sometimes I don't even realize he's not there. It's wierd...

I feel the same way..I didn't even notice Giles was gone. Everytime ppl say he wasn't in season 6 I'm like oh ya thats right he left.

J10ELEVEN

[80]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 3
    I completely agree.