Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst buffy season

J10ELEVEN

[81]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 3
    that season1 bombed
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

watcher1006

[82]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    Hmmm...for me it wasn't like I watched the later Season 6 episodes and sorely missed him. There was plenty to occupy my attention as a viewer. I must say though that when I saw "Hell's Bells" I did think "isn't Giles going to come back for this?".

Mostly it was late in the season when everybody was having problems that, stepping back to look at the big picture, I thought "the gang sure could have used Giles".

CAPNDEL

[83]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 14
    season four is my least favorite.

charmed452

[84]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 13
    season 3 was ellecent what's wrong wiv u? season 5 was the only season that was crap.

buffyTVSrox

[85]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 33
    charmed452 wrote:
    season 3 was ellecent what's wrong wiv u? season 5 was the only season that was crap.

I completely disagree about season five. I love the Dawn storyline, and Glory, and Riley, and Joyce, and everything about season five. I thought it was some outsatnding story arcs told with great episodes.

FoxMulder_GMAN

[86]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 21
    like you didn't know this, lol....I definately agree with you Doug

nemesis47

[87]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    I've only seen the seasons 2-5 but easily season 4 was the weakest. The Big Bad wasn't very great, and the Initiative wasn't exciting. I also wasn't a fan of Buffy and Riley, and it took way to long for things to pick up. The reason Adam didn't work as a villain I think is because he is barely mentioned much until the Yoko Factor, just someone who is there and who the Scoobies know is a Big Bad, but they don't do anything about it until that ep. And, in the episodes preceeding it we barely see Adam at all besides about a minute of him in each episode between Goodbye Iowa and The Yoko Factor.

xXpapercutXx

[88]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 13
    THANK YOU!!!! Finally someone who gets it!!! I was begining to think everyone was flippen crazy!!!! My worst seasons are totally 1and7!!! How can you not like 6, that one ROCKS!! Hello, the musical and of course the one where they all forget who they are. I'm sorry but I have to leave now......

buffyTVSrox

[89]Jun 27, 2006
    xXpapercutXx wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!! Finally someone who gets it!!! I was begining to think everyone was flippen crazy!!!! My worst seasons are totally 1and7!!! How can you not like 6, that one ROCKS!! Hello, the musical and of course the one where they all forget who they are. I'm sorry but I have to leave now......

Yes, "Once More, With Feeling" and "Tabula Rasa" are some great episodes. However, I have to say that if you don't like season seven, you've got to be at least a tiny bit insane How many times have you watched it? I know most people seem to likeit more the second time around, for some reason. Conversations With Dead People is my favorite episode ever. Even if you didn't like the season, you did like that episode, right?

BTVSForever

[90]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 11
    4 is easily the worst.

And 5 was the best how can you hate it and how do you live spelling like this.

charmed452 wrote:

ViktorCharmed

[91]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 26
    buffyTVSrox wrote:
    xXpapercutXx wrote:

Yes, "Once More, With Feeling" and "Tabula Rasa" are some great episodes. However, I have to say that if you don't like season seven, you've got to be at least a tiny bit insane How many times have you watched it? I know most people seem to likeit more the second time around, for some reason. Conversations With Dead People is my favorite episode ever. Even if you didn't like the season, you did like that episode, right?

That is so Tru. (True, I mean. I just got the Tru Calling DVD set ). Anyway. The first time I watched Season 7, I didn't really like it. I felt that it was way too arc-y and that the main arc wasn't really that great, but at my second viewing, I saw the beauty of it, and I realized that there very few bad episodes, and some really tremendous ones (CWDP, Him, Storyteller, SELFLESS). So, it really is amazing, and becomes even better the more you watch it.

Bango_Berryrush

[92]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 9
    For one who has spent time going through the seasons again,(after a year of not doing so), I can have an opinion.

Not that there was any worst season for Buffy,(let's call it an average season, instead of worst), but I think Season 1 falls under the "average" choice.

Season 1 had some of the lackluster writing out of all the seasons.

Season 5 remains to be my favorite season. I refer to it as the "Golden Season". So much happened that year.

Season 7 is the "Silver" season. I really love that season, despite the two laming episodes of that season. So many of the characters redeemed themselves from their demons and found closure.

Season 3 was awesome! So many good stories,(despite Angel acting like a lost puppy dog).

Season 4 just has some sort of magic on me. I watch that season, and it brings back memories of originally watching it. It just takes me back to that era of time that I enjoyed.

Season 6 was good. So many happenings. To some, it may have been depressing, but I view it as extreme character development for most of the characters,(despite Spike and Buffy acting like a dogs in heat).

And surprisingly, to me, Season 2 was rather good,(after watching it again). But the writing seemed to grow every year. Every Season was different and had its own style and rhythm...but Season 1 was my choice for being the average,(not worst, worst is a harsh word) season from Buffy.
    Edited on 07/03/2006 10:21pm

Lux22

[93]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 6

buffyTVSrox wrote:
    xXpapercutXx wrote:

I have always ranked season 7 the second worst. I just watched it for the third time and I LOVE IT now. It is actually perfect. Now my favorites are from five to seven.

Actually yes. The previous writer is right. Worse is a very harsh word for Buffy. I would choose Buffy season one over most tv at any time.
    Edited on 07/04/2006 8:57am

FoxMulder_GMAN

[94]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 21
    I would rather watch the worst episode of Buffy than anything else tv has to offer right now (except for UFC, Wrestling and poker)

nickilo

[95]Jul 4, 2006
    • level: 3

Season 1 was pretty lame but it got everything started so i cant complain.  Of course the animation in the first season was pretty poor but i dont blame them...at the time I probly thot they were amazing.

But beside season 1, I'd say season 6 was the worst (If i had to choose one).  The trio was pretty lame and it woulda been better if theyd brought back a vilain they had before.  I did enjoy evil willow but it came in too late and I also liked the relationship bewteen Spike and Buffy.

BTW I dont understand how a majority of u ppl didnt like season 3.  It had such a great story with faith and Angel + other great stuff.

Also, season 7 was soooo good and if neone didnt like it ill have to kill you.

BUFFY 4 LIF3!

o0oTanishao0o

[96]Jul 5, 2006
    • level: 16
    nickilo wrote:

Season 1 was pretty lame but it got everything started so i cant complain.  Of course the animation in the first season was pretty poor but i dont blame them...at the time I probly thot they were amazing.

But beside season 1, I'd say season 6 was the worst (If i had to choose one).  The trio was pretty lame and it woulda been better if theyd brought back a vilain they had before.  I did enjoy evil willow but it came in too late and I also liked the relationship bewteen Spike and Buffy.

BTW I dont understand how a majority of u ppl didnt like season 3.  It had such a great story with faith and Angel + other great stuff.

BUFFY 4 LIF3!

Well I am going to have to disagree with you. I think Season 7 was a piece of crap. I mean what makes me hate Season 7 is the fact that all the focus was put on the first and because of this the attention was taken away from the main character storylines. I think all the main character storylines were just so dull. The Spuffy storyline was last years news and I had enough of it. Dawn became less whiny but that didn't make her anymore exciting and it was as if she was just there. There wasn't too much going on with the Xander/Anya storyline. The whole Willow being afraid of using magic was boring and I am not even going to mention the Willow/Kennedy relationship. The actual storyline when Anya was still a vengeance demon was interesting until she became human again. Don't get me wrong, I mean there were some good episodes but overall the season was lacking so much. Not to mention I found the whole season to be a lot darker than the others, and I felt it lacked the humor that the other seasons had.
    Edited on 07/05/2006 1:20am

MetroidSA-X

[97]Jul 5, 2006
    • level: 20
    nickilo wrote:

BUFFY 4 LIF3!

See that's one of the reason's I love season 6, it's different. Every other season, Buffy and the gang had some big evil that they had to deal with the entire season...this time the trio. Who...while they did cause some trouble, weren't really a major threat, and really just an annoyance. And I liked that, cause Buffy, Willow, and the rest had some other things to deal with, so it was a nice change of pace, for me at least.

inzombia

[98]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 5

I think that s7 is the worse of BtVS. With the exception of several stand-out episodes, it was the weakest, least inspired season. The First Evil had a lot of bark and little bite. Moral conflicts lacked any weight and never seemed as real as they should've. The season really dragged a lot of the time. The characters didn't come across as being as lively or interesting as they had before. The season never seemed to live up to its potential (no pun intended). But, worst of all, compared to the crazy apocalyptic darkness of AtS s4, BtVS s7 looks like a freaking slumber party (which it quite literally was, in some places).

buffyTVSrox

[99]Jul 7, 2006
    o0oTanishao0o wrote:
    I think Season 7 was a piece of crap.

Wow, harsh much??? To even declare a season of a Joss Whedon show "crap" with all the true crap that appears on TV nowadays is like saying that WWII was lamer than Grenada!

JohnnySeidz

[100]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 8

Overall season 1 is my least favourite. I enjoy all of the episodes for their cheesiness, but season 1 is a fraction of what the show became IMO. Pilot 1 & 2, The Pack, Angel & Prophecy Girl are the only strong episodes IMO.

Here is how I would rate the seasons (favourite to least): 2,6,5,3,4,7,1