The WB (ended 2003)
I dont understand why no one likes season 7. It had the first as a villain, it had uber vamps, faith, and soulful spike. Though i guess not to many has picked it for the worst.
I think why people dont like seasons 4 and 6 are simple, in season 4 the big bad was kinda lame, I was never a fan of riley, though good stand alones there were to many of them.
For season 6, it was more dark (though I liked that part) Buffy was detached from everyone, bad stand alones, and it just felt off for me, it didnt feel like a buffy season(though thinking on it some more i am starting to prefer season 6 to 4)
|me again Tv_ lover,lol. i agree this time. season 4 and 6 were fabulous for independant episodes which other shows would struggle with. i also love season 3 and 5 as they had the bestoverall arcs...but i really love all 7 seasons,and cant decide the weakest from the strongest...charmed however is another story.|
you again lol! well thanks.
I always thought people didnt like S4 and 6 because they were kinda transitional seasons, you know buffy inbetween stages of her life and people didnt like the change...
Season 4 - so the arc may not have been as great as others but on individual episodes it was probably the best. You had hush, superstar, restless, something blue and many others which were funny and very rememberable. Now the big bad first time round i didnt like because come on, its the terminator jazzed up but second time round i loved it because it was so different to the other bad guys. It was a new element for the show and i thought it was a good job. And Riley, well, lets be honest Riley was lame... but what do you expect he was just a brainwashed lil blunt instrument for the initiative...so how much character would he really have had. But S6 Riley...so cool.
Season 6 - Easily the best season, and this is why...
1. It had the best seaon opener in comparison to other seasons.
2. The trio, now they were just great, pure genius, they gave me some laughs *thinks back to the which bond was better argument* they were a new brand of evil which i liked because not everything has to be big, bad and epic.
4. Willows arc, her descent into evilness was what we had been waiting for since S5 and boy did Whedon execute it perfectly *but what else do you expect?*
5. The number of great episodes is huge, Bargaining, OMWF, Life Serial, Tabula Rasa *COMEDY GOLD* And the final three parter!
Well, S6 and S4 were a work or art, and true art receives the biggest criticism
Ya I have been rewatching season 6, and I have decided to withdraw my statement. Though I still dislike 4, maybe its because of riley, I agree though alot of good stand alones in season 4.
I had not rewatched season 6 in 3 years, and after rewatching it I have decided that i actually enjoyed the darker tone, and though I am an advocate of both spike/buffy, and angel/buffy relationships I still dislike the season 6 relationship with spike, (I feel sorry for him) TVlover you have convinced me, I have decided that my new favorite seasons are now 2,3,6,7 wow thats more than half but I love the show to much to decide.
TVlover you have convinced me, I have decided that my new favorite seasons are now 2,3,6,7 wow thats more than half but I love the show to much to decide.
Hurray!!! knowing you have new found love for S6 makes me very happy!! *does the happy dance*
|I don't really like S7 as much as the others because it has a lame villain. The First was interesting enough for the first few episodes then it just dull and didn't really strike fear in my heart. It sort of sat around and talked lots. The Uber Vamp was good in Bring On The Night and Showtime but in Chosen they were completely easy to kill which didn't add up from what we seen in Showtime. Caleb was brilliant but unfortunately only came in at episode 18 and it wasn't enough to save the entire season. |
And the Potentials... well they just sucked. Plus I enjoy fillers and think they're necessary to the overall series or it'll get to heavy and S7 had basically no fillers except for Him.
Twisted Converse I definitely agree with you, S7 started off so good, i mean here is the original Big Bad so this is gonna be one hell of a season, but the first half of S7 was just lame, lots of big "inspirational" speeches, and stupid potentials running bout the place, Spike doing the crazy dance...not cool. And the "Uber vamps" were interesting at first but like you say it just didnt add up at the end where they were too easy to kill. But I put that down to the first doing mass production of them so they werent as strong as the original.
So for me the first half of S7 sucked, but the second half was great and had some redeeming qualities, it had Faith, Caleb, Andrew's eppy which was too funny!
I'm incredibly bored and just DYING to show off my new Darla-centric signature so I'm gonna make a list. I like lists.
1. Season 5 - The perfect season in my eyes. It had the right blend of arc and character development. I like Dawn this season, loved Glory, enjoyed the Buffy/Spike relationship, loved the majority of the episodes... need I say more? Best season of television ever if you ask me.
2. Season 2 - A close second. The Angelus arc is one of the best and the introduction of Spike and Dru was excellent. It was the season where Buffy went from "great" to "outstanding" IMO and contained some of the best episodes.
3. Season 3 - Another amazing season. After the emotional upheaval that was last season, this season was fun. It had many hilarious episodes and I love Faith. The Mayor was a fantastic villain and the second half was incredible.
4. Season 6 - Dark, dark, dark. The most adult season in the verse. Buffy faces real life problems, get depressed, sleeps with Spike lots. Willow becomes an addict. Dawn becomes a kleptomaniac. Xander leaves Anya at the alter. Such an amazing season and has some of the best episodes.
5. Season 4 - I really enjoyed this season. It may have a weak arc but the standalones were quality. It has a fresh, new feel and contains many outstanding episodes. Highly underrated IMO.
6. Season 7 - Weak in term of a Buffy season but excellent nonetheless. It had some amazing episodes and the finale just.. rocked. Underappreciated. Plus, Caleb!
7. Season 1 - The beginning. Nuff said.
Re-watching buffy this past year has been great in seeing things differently than i did when i was 14, lol.
I love the show for its successes and for it's faults.
But i have to say i just plain did not like season 7. Buffy was just horrible. I really grew to dislike her in season 7. On top of that, all the potentials and that Kennedy girl. And i also just didn't like this "first evil." Too profound and too vague at the same time. Nope, just didn't do it for me. Even Spike was too ooey gooey for me. But i still love him anyway.
Oh i do have to say one thing i did like. Xander. He seemed to fully come into himself in that season. We got to see his true value as a member of the scoobies. I just loved him so much in season 7. But that's all.