Buffy the Vampire Slayer Forums

The WB (ended 2003)

Worst characters on Buffy

ricemilkisgood

[21]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 3

I should have added Warren too, maybe even Adam he was pretty lame.

I guess Riley is the kind of person you date, where 6 months post-breakup you're scratching your head and asking yourself,"what was I thinking? Was I on drugs"? He should have stayed in Iowa, and as someone who is in the UC system, it's kind of rare for out of state kids to get in, that is if you're down to pay 40 grand.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ricemilkisgood

[22]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 3

I always thought he was from "The Little Rascals" apparently there's another actor who looks a lot like him.

eimajamie

[23]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 9
    Mine are definitely... Riley - Just soo plain and boring!
    Wood - Maybe if he was brought in earlier I might've liked him, who knows...
    The Anointed One - You kinda forget about him 'cos he just didn't do anything except introduce spike :S
    Kennedy - 1. She Should be Tara 2.She doesn't know her place! and pretty much all the other potentials...

rockworm5039

[24]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 9

If we're talking potentials than Rona (the black one?) her whining was beyond annoying. I wanted to reach through the TV and punch that ****

DeadMessenger82

[25]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 12
    rockworm5039 wrote:

If we're talking potentials than Rona (the black one?) her whining was beyond annoying. I wanted to reach through the TV and punch that ****

hate her

TwistedConverse

[26]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 23
    DeadMessenger82 wrote:
    rockworm5039 wrote:

hate her

I despise Rona. She is completely hateful.

DeadMessenger82

[27]Jul 17, 2010
    her charcter was all wrong.
    she talked with stength and conviction, like she saying something really worthwhile.
    but all she talked about was how they should give up, roll over and die.

hate her,
    hate her hate her hate HATE HER!!!!

i may sound a little racist in saying this but i didn't really like (with the exclusion of Mr.Trick(and nicki)) any of the African American(i didn't say 'black' beause i'm trying to sound less racist, did it work!) characters on the show.
    Forrest: douche

Wood: too obsessed with revenge, also felt like he betrayed buffy a little, that bothered me because he was one of the only people she wasn't bossing around.

Rona: i really wanted her to die, i really did.

The_void_68

[28]Jul 17, 2010
    • level: 18
    "African American" is considered more racist than "Black". Has been for the last like 6 years.

DeadMessenger82

[29]Jul 17, 2010
    yeah it's always sounded rather patronising to me

SerajBrugi

[31]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 4

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Andrew is by far the worst character on Buffy.

JaiCSC

[32]Sep 9, 2012
    • level: 17

Person I HATED the most was Kennedy. She failed to be likeable in any way.

I hated Andrew because he just irritated me and was just anuisance. Storyteller was a decent episode admittedly but came along too late and damage was done.

People who I disliked but didn't hate.

Warren... he was a vile human but I felt it worked for him. Sometimes you just need someone who you won't ever have sympathy or connection.

Riley, I quite liked Riley to begin with but thanks to "I Will Remember You" and his role with the Initiative he felt like a poor substitute and everyone knew it. Riley deflated.

Anya, I never really liked Anya. I never hated her but had she never appeared in the show I doubt I would have noticed. But she's offensive

Dawn, By and Large as an audience we connect with Buffy more than anyone, she finds herannoyinghence we do. It's sorta the point at times.

Willow in series 6. The lines she crossed and willing to cross before she went to Dark Willow. I couldn't like her then.

OdumC

[33]Sep 15, 2012
    • level: 8
    Definitely Dawn by a mile.

You could turn it into a drinking game each time she screamed or said "get out" plus they really overdid the whole "brat" angle.

Kennedy and Rona were also annoying, but no one even came remotely close to Dawn.

ktfahel

[34]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 16

I know I'm going to catch heck for this, but it's what I feel:

Tara. So mousy and wimpy-poor-me, all pro-magix one second then, when Willow was having her problems with her magix addiction, all "magix is BAD". I never felt the chemistry between her and Willow; I always felt the producers were going, "Oh, look at how cutting edge we are! Don't we rock?"

Andrew. Seriously, is there a single more annoying character on the entire series? He is smarmy, TWICE as whiny as Dawn could ever dream of being, tries to be funny but fails miserably. The whole gay innuendo was a total waste. I mean, there were already openly gay characters on the show; the whole "is he or isn't he?" aspect is rediculous in retrospect.

Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - in Season 7. I'd loved the show from Day 1, but season 7 I don't care if I ever see a single episode again. Buffy was put-upon & martyresque; Xander and Willow were against her, Spike was sad and insane (then miraculously sane again), the potentials were ALL a waste, Wood lived up to his name (wooden)...and on and on.

Wendeevo

[35]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 1

Riley was the worst character ever. Followed by Dawn and then all the other potential slayers but i really can't stand Riley he's just the worst character in any tv show i've ever watched.

showinuse9

[36]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 11
    ill admit tara wasn't my cup of tea. i remember when spike punched her to prove she was human and she kinda just dismissed him that really bugged me. However she could sing pretty good and i really like her song in Once more with feeling

for me its dawn. Her whole story took me for a loop and didn't like how she was just forced into the show like that and changed the mythology of what we learned

DJWoodbine

[37]Jan 20, 2013
    I quite liked all the characters in Buffy, there's only Warren and his little gang I really hated and they made a really bad enemy for Buffy.

showinuse9

[38]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 11
    DJWoodbine wrote:
    I quite liked all the characters in Buffy, there's only Warren and his little gang I really hated and they made a really bad enemy for Buffy.

well in my opinion they were not the real threat that season. they were just a way to pass the season while willow developed to be the true problem. i mean after a God how do you top that for a villian?

DJWoodbine

[39]Feb 7, 2013

showinuse9 wrote:
    DJWoodbine wrote:
    well in my opinion they were not the real threat that season. they were just a way to pass the season while willow developed to be the true problem. i mean after a God how do you top that for a villian?
    Good point. I still found them very annoying, but now you mention it, it did lead us nicely to Willow being evil and I have to say, she made a good villain.

jacquelinesen

[40]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 1

I cant figure out why people dont agree that faith is the worst character ever. the acting is horribly over the top, with the voice tone and the stereotypical badass talk. i understand why she was in the show, but watching her made me always realize i was watching tv, because the acting was so bad you couldnt get lost in the story. the other characters were hanging out in my living room.