Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I Only Have Eyes For You

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Apr 28, 1998 on The WB

• The show that got DB his own series

The Good;

Lovely romance, lovely analogy of Buffy and Angel, Gile's mourning Jenny and a great tribute to the power of forgiveness. Wonderful scenes with Spike, Angelus and Dru too

The Bad;

Fairly little, a good ep although not a great one. Some pretty dodgy zombie makeup to be truthful

Best line;

Buffy; Something weird's going on!

Xander; Isn't that our school motto?

Character death;

The teacher, another SDH faculty member bites the dust

Shot;

Angel(us) by Buffy

Women good/men bad;

Buffy's anger is focused at James, an obvious substitute for Angel. Cordelia is outraged at the idea of the Sadie Hawkins' dance, not a huge fan of gender equality, obviously.

Questions and observations;

Whenever a gun appears in Buffy it's never good. Always nice to see Shakespeare paraphrased in a US teen show. What happens to the janitor who shot the teacher? Presumably without Giles' testimony and no gun the charges against him are dropped. We have the first confirmation that Snyder and the police are in on the conspiracy regarding Sunnydale and first mention of the Mayor. Spike getting out of the wheelchair at the end speaks of great things to come.

6/10 good ep without being brilliant,