Buffy the Vampire Slayer

New Moon Rising

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 02, 2000 on The WB

• As Willow & Tara's friendship/relationship continues to evlove,Oz returns to Sunnydale to ask Willow to consider getting back together after explaining that the 'wolfy' is under control.

I'll put my cards on the table from the outset & declare that this is my favourite episode,Tara my favourite character & the Willow/Tara relationship one of my all-time favourite television relationships.

That declaration out of the way,there is much to like about this episode as Willow and Tara continue to grow closer,although I think that Tara fell head over heels in love with Willow after their initial encounter in 'Hush'.

As far as plot development is concerned I guess it was neccesary that Oz return to tie up some loose ends & the writers are to be congratulated for the way they handled Oz's return & eventual departure.

This is one of Amber Benson's strongest performances & she will continue to grow as an actor as Tara continues to grow as a character.

As Willow & Tara's relationship blossoms it evolves into one of the more believable relationships on television,at the same time managing to distance itself from sensationalising a same-sex relationship.

And the final scene between Willow & Tara? Simply perfect!
FX