Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Restless

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 23, 2000 on The WB

• In what can only be described as a perculiar finale we see strange dream sequences which makes me decide this is the best episode ever.

I just love the way that tension in Buffy can be broken instantly by a stupid remark but here we have something different. Here just as Buffy is about to fight the first slayer its really tense and suddenly we have the mysterious man with the cheese lean across and dangle pieces of cheese at you.
    The good thing about using character's dreams is that it can result in some pretty weird stuff (kind of like hallucigenic drugs) where basically anything can happen. The great thing is that you don't need a consistant plot and scenes in any sort of chronological order. And scenes that can lead from one place that you know shouldn't be there into yet another that should be miles away or deep underground but should not just interconnect.
    This is possibly one of the scariest episodes ever because everything is unexpected, you can have a man with cheese then swiftly cut to a bloodthirsty creature trying to murder Willow. I have no idea why this just certed 12 in the UK.
FX