Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Restless

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 23, 2000 on The WB

• An amazing episode that give us glimpses and clues as to future character development.

What a trippy episode this is! I love it! In the aftermath of the Uber-Buffy spell, the gang plan on staying up all night watching movies. Instead they all lapse into deep sleep where we (the audience) gets a glimpse into their psyches.

Unfortunately for our gang, the spirit of the first Slayer is also taking a tour. Angry over the sharing of the Slayer's powers with others, she stalks the gang one by one in an effort to punish them for the transgression.

Willow has her breath taken, Xander gets a hole in his chest, Giles gets the top of his head sliced through and Buffy gets beaten on. It falls to Buffy to convince the First Slayer that she's in control of the Slayer power now and to banish the invading spirit before her friends die.

The episode is amusing and sad and creepy. The music is brilliant and fits the episode like a glove. And the hints to next season, in retrospect, are clever. This is a must see episode, but only after you know who the characters are and are familiar with their development to this point.