Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The WB (ended 2003)

TimDrakeRobin

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Reviews page 10 of 33

• It Rocks!!!!!!!!

The best fantasy show ever made. It has vampires, demons, singing demons even candy that kills. You have to see it. Every season has its own story and its own vilain. But the most wonderfull think about this show is that you learn a lot of things. And you can't forget that the writer is the best fantasy writer owr days. Joss Weadon.
  • The best show ever!

Buffy was probably at it's strongest in the first few seasons but it was always a brillinatly written, beautifully acted, expertly directed and completely compelling show. The success of the show is probably down to two people one being the man and the genius behind Buffy and Angel, the brilliant Joss Whedon and the other being Sarah Michelle Gellar who played Buffy.

Joss Whedon is probably one of the best writers and directors of his generation, there is a reason why he is often called a genius, he was the brilliant mind behind the entire Buffyverse. He created a show and concept that raised the level of television in general, his show has reached cult status beyond any other before it, maybe even after it. Merchandising continues years after the shows wrap, fan forums continue to thrive, their are several books written about this show, it's been turned into educational courses it even has a place in modern philosophy books.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is a truly gifted actress, no one could have played Buffy like her, she was utterly charming and delightful to watch. She could be strong yet vurnable, funny yet tragic. The best actress on television while the show was airing.
  • Awesome show bringing fantasy to life. Vampires Fights Blood Death, What could be better

buffy a normal 16 year old or so she thought.. she burnt down her high school gym and blames herself for her parents divorce, moves to sunnydale unknowly knowing that its the centre of hell, meets Rupert giles.. soon to become her watcher and friend also meets willow rosenburg, xander harris, cordelia chase and some new people along the way on her quest to save the world from all thats evil. Falls in love with Angel... the vampire with a soul hes losing his soul after well a 'night of passion' fight to the death = angel gone, angel comes back they get back together and hes then leaves at season 4 ending after a huge battle with the demon mayor. enter spike, Anya And Tara 3 new MAIN characters buffy falls in love with spike and willow with tara after what should be describe as a wurlwind romance with Oz. Tara dies.. willow goes all black hair and veiny and trys to destory the world for once Xander saves the day ALONE , final season the FIRST evil is back trying to destroy everything buffy and her friends make one final assuicalt with the help of some potential slayers.
  • The best show EVER!!!!

Buffy is such an amazing show! I've watched a lot of TV shows and none of them are as amazing as Buffy. Buffy was probably the first show that I ever truly loved so it rocks!

I know Buffy had a couple seasons that weren't that great like season 4 but it's always had a truly amazing episode that made up for the bad ones. Joss Whedon is a genius!

Buffy is just one of those shows that may sound insane with all the vampires and the demons but you can relate to it which is why it's such a loved show! The love between Buffy and Angel is something that a lot of people can relate to. And Buffy having to keep her slayer life a secret is something that you can relate to because everyone's got a secret!!!

Buffy is just a brilliant show no matter what!
  • buffy fight the evils of sunnydale.

buffy is an awesome show. i loved every minute of it....except for season five...thats when dawn came in.....the show was awesome untill the introduced that character...i cant stand it. the plots and big bads were always great i loved to watch the chars. evolve and grow...the show had its high points and its low points... above all the show was awesome..every girl wanted to be like buffy and every guy wanted buffy..she had her hard times with relationships...and the fact her mother died ins. 5...which by my opinion was one the the best episodes in the whole show...just the way The Body was done was brilliant....anyway the show is great a must see
  • Buffy, The Chosen One. She is the one girl in all the world chosen to stop the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness, she is the Slayer. Her Slayerettes, the Scoobies, contribute in this never ending struggle of good vs. evil.

This is the only show that has trully influenced me to better than me. BtVS has taught me so much about life, something that I thought a television show of it's kind to never be able to do. I joined the show into it's sixth season but fell in love with it instantly. I relied on re-runs on other networks to catch me up. Although I was very confused as to what was going on I picked up on it little by little and felt the complexity of these people's world. The most influential element of the show on myself was the relationship between Willow and Tara. It blew me away. This show inspired feelings of love, passion, fury, pain, hate, acceptence, and empathy in me. I never knew any show of it's kind to hold such power and wonder in not only myself but others as well.
  • Buffy=AWESOMENESS

Man I miss this show. It's a classic and one of my guilty pleasures as well. I wish they would bring it back but unfortunetly I know that it wont be back due to the actors and writers moving on but still I can dream. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my alltime favourite sci-fi shows, I love and it produced and excellent spin-off 'Angel'. I love all the characters and when it was on I looked forward to it each week, the writers produced excellent characters and of course each week awesome demons and new ways to love the Scoobies more and more.
  • Buffy=AWESOMENESS

• Exciting, Scary, Action , romantic , comedic , great writing and amazing effects and direction. Lovable characters. Interesting history. Evolves every season and becomes popular more and more every day . Hot characters and sad endings. Great show.

When people hear the title Buffy the vampire slayer they expect a digusting show about blood and pulling people's guts out. But since the first episode I have grown to love the show since not only did it make me laugh form all the sarcastic comments made in the show it also conveys human emotions well not all human. It tells romantic stories about love between different species of beings which make the show very passionate. Lets not forget all the kicking and punching fun made by the very pretty and athletic Buffy Summers. It also talks about friendship and what each character can contribute to the forces of good. As the show progressed the life of the slayer started to be about choices and responsibility and making it iin life . It also tuned willow Buffy's friennd from a nerdy girl to a witch who is a lesbien. Which is a very strong example of how this show progresses . Not only is the show popular but so is It''s spinoff Angel. I think Buffy is the best. BUFFY YOU ROCK.
  • This show is about a vampire slayer who must fight evil to save the world and most of all cope with her destiny.

This is my best show ever it his the best show in the world great storyline with the most fantastic characters you could think of putting together. And also the way the show introduces new characters and focuses on the storyline of the specific season and finishes with a breathtaking climax to the season the show just keeped getting better every season introducing characters like Spike (William the Bloody)who starts off as a enemy and ends up getting a chip in his head in season 4 (The initiative) and then in season 5 falls madly in love with Buffy thats why i think the show is great it sometimes shows hate turning into love.
  • I will never regret any of the time I spent thinking about this show.

Buffy was the first show I was ever obsessed with and even though the fire has cooled down by now it will always have a special place in my heart.
    Here, the show hasn’t finished yet but I liked it too much to wait so I bought all seven seasons on the Internet. It cost me 200€, which may not sound like much but for someone who gets 4€ a week it’s a long time of saving.
    I love the humour, I love the characters, I love the fights, I love everything about it!
    Spike was my first crush, even though I don’t like to admit it and I also loved the magic that Willow did.
    I think this is a great show and that Joss Whedon is an amazing person for creating such a parallel universe, such a reality.
  • My favorite show ever!!

I remember in 1997 when this show started. It was completely an original. The cast was young and fresh, and the scripts were funny. Every year they were able to build better and better story lines. What I really liked about it was that every week I was able to sit down and escape the real world, and live in a fantasy world. The love story between Buffy and Angle was tragic but showed you how some times love is not enough. I was also a big fan of the Xander Cordy relationship. They were just funny. The best part to me is re watching the seasons and realizing the hints Joss leaves for whats to come. AWSOME SHOW!!!
  • One of the best shows I've seen!

Who hasn't heard of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? I guess everybody has heard of it, and most people who have heard of it and gave it a shot fell madly in love with this show and its characters.

This show is not about a cute blonde girl who can throw some punches!! Wierdly..it's not about vampires!! It's far from that! This show focuses on the strugle of an extraordinary girl, just trying to be..an ordinary girl, just like the other ones she knows, and dealing with everyday's problems! Yes.. this subject has been what most of the shows these days try to focus on, however, this one does it in an extraordinary way, keeping the viewer glued to the screen, in my opinion!

The subjects are deep, and grow deeper as the show progresses since it follows the growing up of Buffy!

This show is one of my favorites and, in my opinion, it will go on for a long time, and in many years people will still appreciate it!!
  • LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKAY, buffy the vampire slayer is the best show it is sooo cool. a couple of months ago i finneshd watching all seven seasons, for the second time!!! my favorite episode is ONCe MORe WITh FEELINg it is super duper and the music is great!!!!!! i wasn't a real big fan of what or how spike sang, but tara was great and i liked anyas songs about bunnys!!!!! " They got them hoppy legs and twichy little noses and whats with all the carrots bunnies, bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies! " it was so so sooooooo funny, its just an all around wicked awesome super cool amazing magnificent marveleous perfect fantastic show!!!!!!
  • In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer... But she's also a teenage girl, and all she ever wanted was to be normal. This show is a classic, a-must-see!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer! The title is silly, the plot seems childish at first, but boy are you wrong if you think this is just some teenage show about vampires! This show has it all - amazing actors, interesting story, witty dialogs, action, mystery, fantasy, heart-breaking drama, romance, and an army of loyal fans! It's one of those shows that will be remembered for ages as a pure classic, trust me. It's a story about friends, love, family, life, sacrifices we make on the way, and the fighting that never ends. The original concept of this show is simply amazing, beyond words! There will never ever be a show this good on television again. It made me fall in love with it and carry it in my heart forever. I have learned so much from it, and I'm proud to say it. Those of you who never watched the show, please give it a try, I managed to convince a few people, who were laughing at the very mention of Buffy, to watch this show, and they were seriously amazed. "OMG, I had... no... idea!" was the usual response. And I proudly said: "Ha, told you so!" :)

Joss Whedon, you are a genius!
  • My absolute favorite show! I grew up with it and when it ended, I felt like an era of my life had ended too. Smart, funny, creative, intense, intricate, emotional... This show had everything.

I loved this show with all of my heart. It's a little bit sad. I couldn't even watch the last episode because I was in such denial and in such a state of mourning for the end of the show. But all good things must come to an end. And it also helps that I have all seasons on DVD now. I liked the first two seasons but the third season was what really drew me in. The third season was where the characters began to feel real. Of course this is a supernatural show- vampires, demons, the hellmouth and all. But somehow, it was all believable and all felt so common and realll. What a great show. Everything and everyone in the show was sooo well developed. I could tell you the life history of every character; I feel like they all became my really good friends and we were in this struggle against evil. This is a show that anyone could get sucked into, where all of your emotions are hooked and you have hopes and wishes for the characters. Buffy was my idol. I know how pathetic this review has probably sounded but in a way, it's just the truth, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. So if you haven't seen it, go rent the DVD's. My personal favorite episodes were the last one of season 2, the first of season 3, the last few ones of season 3, "Hush", and "once more with feeling". And if you love this show as much as me, you have really good taste haha.
  • being a woman in her thirtys Buffy wasn't something most of my peers watched. I have a t-shirt my daughter got me with the girls from the show on it and I enjoyed when people would say they watched the show too.It was the one show I didn't miss.

It was my all time favorite show,I have the dvds and Tuesday night isn't the same.Having a show that reflected that time in our history without being judgemental towards anyone was refreshing.It also gave me a reason to have a day off during the week and something to talk to my husbands bosses wife about,she is a fan,too.
  • Magic, myth and mayhem with the vampire slayer and a whole host a fantastic characters.

I love this show, the concept of a girl saving the world, is just fantastic and many a man's fantasies, and BTVS certainly gave us this, it's spin off Angel was a little more adult, but this always has a guilty pleasure principle of watching. With the help of a witch, an ex chaos demon (in later series) a werewolf and Xander (hehee) Buffy sets the world to its rights through 7 action packed seasons. I was gutted when it stopped, but it ended on a high, and to this day remains in my DVD collection as a good watch. It should have an occasional spin off of it's own but it could spoil a good thing.
  • She is the Chosen One.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The title alone gives the series a bad start. It can't be taken seriously because of the name and add to that the disappointment of the feature film under the same name and the whole show would seem to be terrible. Well it seems there is reason behind the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover". BTVS is one of televisions truly groundbreaking series. Not many people would be daring enough to take all of the risks Joss Whedon did for Buffy. But the fact that the show was ballsy really does make it all that much better. I love this show because of the writing, the acting, the story arcs, the villians, everything. Buffy is all out amazing in nearly every way. Take out the mythology and magic in the show and it is pretty much life as we know it. But of course that would be really boring, so thank god for the kick-butt slayage of Buffy.
  • She is the Chosen One.

• One of my all time faves!

I watched Buffy because Angel was in it. The he went away and I watched it still but I think it wasn't as good without him. And I despised Buffy and Spike together. I love seasons 1-3 and I loved the series finale. It was a good show through and through! For a show to last 7 seasons is really really impressive. Sarah Michelle Gellar was brilliant as Buffy and the rest of the cast was awsome as well. I was glad when Buffy came back to life and Dawn I thought was annoying a first, I ended up changing my mind. Awsome show and I can't forget Buffy's true love, Angel played by the brilliant David Boreanaz!
  • I think Joss Weadon should do a Buffy movie!

I believe that a Buffy the Vampire Slayer impacted the word. The first buffy movie was not that good but if they revised the old movie or continued off of the last season, people would buy into it. The movie would possibly do very well in the box office esspecially if they cast the actors and actresses from the television series. Buffy Summers is a influential part of many peoples lives and has set a strong woman figrue for hope and i believe that there is no better way tom honor the show than with a big hollywood production. sincerly, Ben
  • Its the most fantabulous show ever!!!

I don't care what anyone says Buffy the Vampire slayer is the best show in the history of forever. I love Angel and Spike but Spike the most he is so cute and hot. I almost cried when he died but if the scooby doesn't bring him back i will wuahahaha! I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer my favorate characters are Willow Buffy Anya Dawn and Spike hes so hot! I have watched ever season except three and six but Im almost there. Oh and just for your information Buffy kicks charmeds ass. I heart buffy thanks for reading my bloggish review luv ya all and bubye
    -critick
    ps- Its the most fantabulous show ever!!!
  • It's all about Buffy Summers a normal highschool blonde or so everyone thinks! Buffy comes from a long line of slayers weomen who are chosen to ight the demons and the vampires. Buffy must learn to juggle Family,friends and being a slayer!

When i was groing up it was my favorite show to this day i still watch the DVD's because i love Buffy! It has great drama and action also i must admit some munsters in the show are scary! I love SMG she's got so much talent but there is a part of me that hates her because she wouldn't sign up for season 8 but i am still hoping for a spin-off or two. The spinoff i would most like to see Faith but any straight to DVD movies about willow or giles will do. I must say the show is my all time fave!!
  • This show is like the best show ever!!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my absolute favorite tv shows. The characters are great, the plot is exciting, and the show is very well written. Joss Whedon is a genius. Whoever did casting could not have picked better actors and actresses. Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz worked great together in the Buffy/Angel relationship. Eliza Dushku was an amzing find for Faith. She plays an evil, rebellious teenager spectacularly. Anthony Stewert head and James Marsters are not my favorites, but do play the parts great. Episodes like Once More With feeling and Tabula Rasa make the whole show worthwhile. Overall, this show is amazing, and I wish it never ended.
  • Bring back the best show on TV

This is without a doubt the best show on tv. Sarah michelle gellar is just the best actor ever. The show satyed on for 7 fantasticly gripping seasons before it concluded. BRING IT BACK. You cannot been he mannerisms, willows wiccan ways or anyas well just anya. this is a really good tv show it is work resserecting, a bit like a vampire only it doesnt turn to dust, it stays on forever and ever and ever...
  • Where does one start when describing the greatest TV show ever made?

The characters were a wonderful blend of humour, love, faith and so much more! My applause goes to all of the writers! They kept me on my feet! From week to week I was in anticipation! I could never wait for the next episode! What would happen next? For me, Buffy, the slayer, is my hero. I know, a bit stupid. But she gave up absolutely everything for the people she loved and cared about! She killed her (gorgeous) boyfriend to save the world. She sacrificed herself so that her sister, who wasn't even her sister, could live!! Thank goodness they decided not to kill her off! Buffy's "job" saw her putting herself on the line every time she went out there. She was a tough cookie. There will never be another show like Buffy, simply because there aren't characters like Buffy out there! She was someone that I think each one of us could look up to. Although she is a fictional character, there are traits in her that you admire. Owning the whole series on DVD gives you the chance to go down memory lane, and remember what exactly it is about the show that made it so special! Love it or hate it, it started a whole new sort of TV shows genre. (think Supernatural) It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made me watch every week to find out what would happen to all of those wonderful charachters! And, plus, who didn't want to know if the world was going to end in the very next episode? Buffy, the vampire slayer, the best tv show of all time!!
  • Into every generation there is a slayer. Into every generation there is a legendary TV show. This Generation, that award goes to "Angel" but this show is nearly just as good. The only thing holding it back is....

.....A weak 1st and 6th season. Anyway, lets start at the start and move right along. Season 1. Its camp, corny and well...I guess the writers were just seeing what worked and what didn't. We get introduced to all the core characters(Buffy, Cordelia, Willow, Xander, Giles and Angel)and as the season progresses you start to like them. Moving on to season 2, things begin to get a whole lot better. Angel and Buffy get into a proper relationship-well, for a second anyway. Buffy gives Angel that moment of perfect happiness and he turns into the evil Angelus who then causes chaos for the rest of the season. David Boreanez gives a very convincing perfomance as the bad guy of the season. And of course, Sarah Michelle Gellar continues to give the excellent performance as Buffy that she does throughout the show. Spike and Drussila are also introduced this season and become very important characters in the "BuffyVerse". In season 3 we are introduced to the other vampire slayer "Faith" who is one of my favourite characters in the show. we are also introduced to a very evil villian. This season has a lot of strong episodes which are memorable. Season 4 revamps the show in a way. There's no Cordelia or Angel and definetly no School library. season 4 seems to focus more on science than mystical stuff since a government group of scientists called "the initiative" cause a slight bit of havoc this season. Season 5 is my favourite season because it is so epic. A god named Glory wants some revenge so this causes a hell(no pun) of a lot of trouble for Buffy and her friends to contend with. it is the start of Spike begining to fall in love with Buffy, which is interesting to watch. the final episode "The Gift" is legendary and I will never forget it. "The Body" is also a good episode because of the style in which it is directed and the fact that there is no music and no Spike in it makes it seem very realistic. So overall, Season 5 is an excellent season! Season 6. Hmmmm. Seems to have no direction, so it doesn't really have much structure. The villians are pathetic(The trio....sigh)and don't seem like much of a threat to the scoobies. Well, having said that there is a very shocking moment near the end of the season which I didn't see coming. It sets up the last few episodes of the season which are excellent. Season 7 is a good, if inconsistent season. Some of the episodes are poor and some are very entertaining. This is the final season of Buffy so, its a shame it wasn't as good as season 5. "Potential" is an excellent episode if only for the conversation between Xander and Dawn at the end. "Chosen" is my favourite episode of Buffy and the last of the series. So this is a great show and well worth watching.
  • Love this show!

I like this show. I have just started watching Buffy and I have to say, I like what I see. Even though I am only one season one, I have a feeling that I will love the whole series. I can't wait until I see all the episodes. At first I was skeptical about this show, and knew I wouldn't like it. Buy was I wrong, so wrong!
  • The slayer...

Buffy is such a great show. Buffy is the slayer. she protects the world from evil. Buffy is composed of sad, funny, dramatic and thrilling events all in one. The acting is amazing and the actors seem really motivated. Even the bad guys seem relatible. Buffy has just the write blend of all the good elements of tv. Who wouldnt want to get the chane to fight vampires? She even finds time for two hot boyfriends. My favorite character is Faith and she just seems so cool. Willow is amazing and a really cool witch. Even Spike seems so cool. There are so many great episodes like tabuloa rosa, the body, the gift omwf and so much more.I love watching the romances and action unfold.Unfortunately Buffy didnt go on for longer because I love it so much. Joss Whedon is a brilliant man and should continue to make great shows like buffy. I could really go on for hours talking about how much i love this show, buts its really simple, Buffy is a great show.
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14