Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Tabula Rasa

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 13, 2001 on The WB

• Apalling...this just ISN'T Buffy at all.

This episode is so dreadful. It makes me ashamed to be a Buffy fan.

I probably wouldn't hate it so much if it weren't for the fact that a lot of Buffy fans like it!

The script-writing is lazy, and the comical element it is trying to achieve is totally missed and obvious.

The gang wake-up not knowing who they are. Buffy "makes-up" her own name???? Yeah, because that would be the first thing that someone would do??? "Joan the Vampire Slayer"-I'm sorry but am i watching BtVS, one of the greatest television shows ever created, if not "the" or am I watching "Charmed"????-

Buffy and Dawn realise that they are sisters because they briefly and stupidly start bickering???? What??? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of this episode, but it was lamely put together. The characters jump from a situation where they should all be terrified and confused to lazy jokes and roleplay. It's like someone from the writing staff of Saved by the Bell hijacked the script. I love the idea that Spike and Giles think they are father and son (as previously, excellently portrayed in Restless) but it just doesn't fit with this ludicrous story.

I love Buffy...this episode is it's worse mistake, maybe if Joss has written it instead of Jane Espenson it would have worked. It's only saving Grace was Buffy and Spike's kiss at the end, and possibly Spike's realisation that he is English, "Sh*gging, b*llocks..."

And do not get me started on the "Loan Shark" guy. He looks like he was constructed with Paper mache by primary school children.

Awful.