Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Where the Wild Things Are

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Apr 25, 2000 on The WB

7.2
  • I don't understand what's so bad about this episode; the plot works, the dialogue is great and it has some good acting.

Where The Wild Things Are is an episode that gets a lot of hate and criticism from most people and it is often regarded as one of the worst episodes of Buffy and I just don't understand why. Nauseating Buffy/Riley scenes aside, it's a great episode.

I liked the story of Lowell House and the manifestations of the rage and oppression from the previous inhabitants. It was a bit weird and not really understandable but I liked it nonetheless. I like the sexual vibes going about and the creepy old lady was an interesting character. I was sort of hoping Giles would punch her seeing as she's so very, very evil but I'm glad something got said to her at least.

The Anya/Spike scenes were brilliant. These two are so funny together and I'm sad they didn't much interaction as they play off each other really well. Emma Caulfield has really eased into the role of Anya and is giving brilliant delivery every episode. I also like the Xander/Anya scenes as I'm a big fan of them and they're so funny together.

I like Willow and Tara getting closer also- they're like my joint favourite couple in the verse (a 4 way tie between them, Buffy/Spike, Angel/Cordelia and Angel/Darla) so any scene of them is gold in my book.

Giles singing was unexpected and creepy. He has a nice voice (weird!) but I found it unsettling (I agree with Xander for once!). I don't know why but Giles is just constant and it's weird when he's not being the grown up. Tony Head should so have a music career though.

The Buffy/Riley scenes were nauseating. Buffy may be very hot (or she is when she's not a stick anyway) but she has no chemistry with Riley. It's so forced and annoying and it's just like AAAH! stop.

Where The Wild Things Are is a great episode that I seem to be alone in liking. I thought it was nice, filler fun and way better that Superbore- sorry I mena Superstar!
FX