Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Where the Wild Things Are

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Apr 25, 2000 on The WB

7.2
  • Wow this is a bad episode -- the worst since "I Robot, You Jane"!

I'm looking at my there's almost nothing there. This is going to be a very short review. The savior of this episode from getting no points at all is Spike, Anya, and Giles. Anya is having unfounded relationship issues with Xander, Spike is simply bored, and Giles turns out to have a singing hobby. The failure of this episode is, well, the fact that the entire plot involves Buffy and Riley having lots and lots of steamy sex. If you love seeing Buffy and Riley having nonstop sex then you may want to look away from this review!

Early on there's a scene between Xander and Anya that is very entertaining. Anya thinks that because her and Xander didn't have sex the previous evening their relationship is ending. After Xander starts defending himself, Anya asks him if there's something wrong with his body. Then Xander, wanting to prove his functionality, says "You want sex? Let's have sex. Right here. Hot, sweaty, big It turns out that as he was saying this a bunch of customers were amusingly standing right outside his ice cream truck.

The highlight of the episode is definitely the resulting interaction between Anya and Spike. These two definitely have a lot in common and enjoy sharing time together. They chat up how much they miss their carnage. Anya says, "Seen a thousand relationships. First there's the love, and sex, and then there's nothing left but the vengeance. That's how it When Xander sees Anya with Spike, he begins to get a bit worried. This is just an amusing little conflict between them that doesn't last through the episode.

I need to point out how much I love how abused fraternity parties get in BtVS. Xander even points out, "A ghost? What's the deal? Is every frat on this campus haunted? And if so, why do people keep coming to these parties, cause it's not the My question is, why do the Scoobies keep going to these parties? They all look horrendously bored every time and nothing good ever comes from going. Anyway, the plot is just overall extremely boring. There's some repressed ghosts of some sorts being fueled by Buffy and Riley's sexual energy. But haven't Buffy and Riley had sex in Riley's room before, more than once in fact? Why are these ghosts manifesting now? Am I missing something? Even if the plot made sense it's still a terrible idea. And that's about it. Sorry this ends so abruptly, but I really don't have anything else to talk about. Terrible episode. :(