Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Who Are You? (2)

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Feb 29, 2000 on The WB

• This is a fantastic episode that inspires a lot of conversation.

At its core, it is completely and utterly about Faith. In fact, I think this is the most screen time Faith's ever gotten and the least, aside from "Bargaining Pt. 1", that Buffy's gotten. This episode gets a perfect score because, after reviewing it, I simply couldn't deny the affect it had on me. No, there isn't a significant lasting effect on the series or season, but the changes and issues explored through Faith are so powerful and expertly handled, I find myself in complete awe.

This is a powerful piece of television and a masterful character study on Faith that managed to blow me away. I always knew this episode had a ton of depth underneath, but before now I hadn't taken the time to really gather my thoughts. Upon review, it's better than I ever thought before. Instead of simply being a gimmick, Whedon once again uses a unique opportunity to its fullest extent. It's got monumentally great writing, beautifully constructed scenes, wonderful music, powerful themes, great humor, and stunning character development for a secondary character. It really doesn't get much better than this.