Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Wild At Heart

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Nov 09, 1999 on The WB

• Poor Willow…

Willow is one of those characters that every time she cries I cry too. I know this is mostly due to the great acting of Alyson Hannigan. I just can’t help myself. And this was one of those episodes that had me all teary eyed. I mean I know that Willow kissed Xander, some people feel that this is cheating, and it is on some level. But Willow and Oz get over it and move on. Things seem to be doing really good until Veruca comes along. A girl in a band that can talk to Oz about stuff that Will really can’t. But there’s more. She’s also a werewolf and can sense that Ox is too and she doesn’t like the fact that he chains himself up, she feels that they should be free together. Oz tricks her into coming into his cage with them and things get hot and heavy. Willow finds them the next day, naked. This is where the tears start. I feel so sorry for Willow, esoecially when Oz realizes that he really has no control over the wolf and decides to leave Sunnydale to look for a solution.

Oz: Veruca was right about something. The wolf is inside me all the time, and I don't know where that line is anymore between me and it. And until I figure out what that means, I shouldn't be around you, or anybody.
    Willow: Well, that could be a problem, 'cause people... kind of a planetary epidemic.