Bump in the Night

ABC (ended 1996)

Bump in the Night Fan Reviews (2)

7.6
  • Made of clay? I'm all over that.

I watched this every saturday over, and over, and over. Most likely because there's only about half a season worth of episodes, but I loved it. There wasn't enough claymation out there and frankly, the world needs more claymation. ALOT more... Anyway, this wild green guy lived under the bed (to paraphrase the theme song) and he gobbled up socks. Weird I know. But his friend was a blue blob (toothpaste?) who lived in the bathroom (toilet?). Right. There was a ragdoll named molly, and an evil robot named destructo who lived in the closet and tried to kill eveyone most frequently. It was really well made too. Very "slimy" kind of feel the entire show. It was just what my pre-pubesant mind needed when the ninja turtles weren't on. My personal favorite episode was in fact a thanksgiving special that involved a giant dead turkey (normal size to us but not to Mr. Bumpy) that came to life in the refridgerator and started attacking everyone! Awesome! The best part about claymation is that i think it was actually a real turkey that was animated. Thats way better than any new fangled digital bullcrap that flys all over kids tv today. Blah! Gimme the good stuff. Piles of talking clay monsters that may or may not make too much sense! YES! Also, there was also a feature near the end of some episodes called Mr.Bumpy's Karaoke Cafe. Oh yes... disturbing original songs... that still get stuck in my head today. I love you Mr. Bumpy! Clay on!