Burn Notice

Bitter Pill

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Aug 08, 2013 on USA

• Bitter Pill

This was an enjoyable episode of Burn Notice. We knew what the outcome would be, but they also threw us a curveball along the way along with playing up the Michael/Fiona angle perfectly. This was a really strong episode despite the action movie cliches it succumbed too.
  • ah hello

He's undercover he has no choice but to stand and watch or they all go back to prison or James would have done the same to all of them
  • The good guys . What good guys?

I do not consistently watch Burn Notice. However, I happened to catch the last 20 minutes of Bitter Pill. I am disturbed. The penalty for cowardice is execution? No judge, no jury--just summary execution. And it wasn't the James character alone who committed the murder. Michael and company were complicit in the act--they certainly did nothing to stop it. I don't mind flawed heroes. For example, NYPD Blue featured the wonderful and complex Andy Sipowitz , capable of great acts and terrible ones. But NYPD Blue always had a true moral compass underlying the story line. "Bitter Pill" is aptly named. It lacks civilization. And if these are the kinds of heroes we applaud, what does it say about our morality?
CLOO