Burn Notice

Desperate Measures

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 08, 2012 on USA

7.9
  • Desperate Measures

Seeing the gang stuck in foreign territory and really trying to escape and trying to hide from the government at the same time made for compelling television.

Burn Notice needed this mid-season premiere to be a big deal, and it was just that: a big deal. A very well-done episode here, and kept me excited from start to finish.
  • spoilers

The slow first half of the doubleheader. Mike forming an alliance with Grey was semi-expected, but I still enjoyed his transformation from cold-blooded mercenary to enlightened teammate. His remorse for killing Nate felt genuine. One of my favorite guest characters in the series.

It's a bit of a let down that while Desperate Times had such a turbulent ending, the follow-up almost immediately led into Burn Notice at its most formulaic. The A plot, getting out of Panama, is stalled for almost the length of an episode, because Mike and Tyler have been kidnapped by a drug kingpin who thinks they're out to screw him. The rest of team Westen has to break out. Standard stuff here.

Unremarkable episode, probably my least favorite of season 6 so far.