Burn Notice

Do No Harm

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 22, 2009 on USA

• Michael definitely loves his job

It seems like nothing stops Michael. He almost gets blown up and yet he has the heart to help a man find a cure for his son.
    I hated Carla here. Playing games with poor Michael was a little too crazy but I guess he's willing to play her games and do what she wants because he has no other choice.
    Fiona... I liked that softer side of hers. I thought she was going to act all disgusted and uncomfortable with the kid but she surprised me by playing with him and give him a weapons lesson, it was pretty cool. And she was very upset with that woman, and she had a reason. Sam is a great friend. Maybe that was what Michael needed, it didn't matter if it was his friend. Otherwise, he wouldn't have stopped.
  • It's great to have Burn Notice and Michael Westen back on television. What a solid return for a great show! We last left off with Michael's door exploding and that's exactly where we start off…

Michael helps a single father named Kenny, whose son suffers from a heart condition. Kenny lost his savings to con men after investing in a "miracle drug" for his son – and that's just the client of the week. We also get to see an entire different side of Michael. Broken, bruised and mad as hell about getting almost blown up.
    Of course at first he thinks Caprica-Carla has something to do with it, but it turns out she wants to hire him to find out who it was that did try to kill him.

Meanwhile, Michael takes on a case to keep things focused while he tries to bring order back into his life.

More Thoughts on 'Do No Harm': - "Brushes with death are like snowflakes. Each one is unique and icy cold." – Michael
    - "I want my brother out of jail! I want answers! I want my life back!" –Michael
    - I liked Campbell, but I'm not sorry to see him go.
    - Loved Fi getting so pissed off at the con woman that she kicked the crap out of her – awesome scene.
    - Michael and Sam interrogating the guys was great, the knife scare, the blindfolded 'who talks first' drop, all played to perfection.
    - The fight with Sam at the loft really showed us how out of control Michael's anger was, and it was unsettling to see.

Bottom Line: It's great to have it back!!

More at www.theplurp.com
  • Blunt Force Trama

This ones a pritty good start for the second half of second season if not a hard hitter. The client tell plot is the typical one nothing really special. But it's really what happens and what the characters do in the whole ordeal that matters.

Obviously that bomb in his apartment shook him, I don't really blame him that would mess me up to. So in the episode there were a few of cracks in emotion which I found interesting since that's something I don't see much, one example is seeing when he's pulled in for questioning by Carlia; he shouts out in genune anger he wants his brother out of jail, know who was gunning for him and his life back.
    It no doubt shook Carlia up a bit seeing this side of him knowing she might have underestimated him.

But Mike isn't the only good thing about the episode so are Sam and Fee. The one scene in the apartment with Sam and Mike was great it was a true act of friendship where Sam stop's Mike from commiting an act of desperation to help his client, Sam knows Mike's still messed up from what happened to him and has to act as a blocker. I've always wondered what would happen if the two every traded blows together and the results don't disapoint; Sam martial arts skills aren't exactly equally matched with Mike's but good enough to trade blows with him and snap Mike out of the state he's in.

And Fee of course was great, I like how she bonds with the kid. Never figured her for being good with kids but she actually turned out to do good by being herself, it was great when she used her knowledge of firearms as well as proper positioning of the Army Figures which was both touching and funny. I dnot know if that means she could do the mom role or not, but if she did she'd be a very intersting mom. Sidenote liked the fact that kid drew a picture of both Mike and Fee toether with a house that was sweet, and was probably a sign that those two obviously belong together.

Another favorate moment was with Fee talking with the con woman Rachel. Rachel said some things abut kids that pressed a wrong button that made Fee angry then Fee beats the crap out of her. I don't blame Fee, Rachel is a cold ..... well you get it that's one of my turn offs.

I also like the fact that the subplot has gotten a little more complicated not just does it lengthen the life span of the show but it makes things more interesting before they start running low on ammo. It also back up my theory that the Burn Notice is some sort of set up, but most of all puts more questions mostly about Carlia whom has been enigmatic throughout the ordeal what is her motive and the importance of Mike in her scheme.

Whatever the case all Mike can do now is one of the things he does best in life, the job because it's one of the only things that are keeping him alive.
  • Michael tries to help a suicidal man.

Burn Notice is back!

USA Network's best show and the most underrated drama on TV returned with the second half of its second season. Noticeable is Jeffrey Donovan's improved acting, possibly through his work in big-time film Changeling. He just seems more passionate, more driven and his hunger for revenge created some truly compelling television.

Supporting cast Bruce Campbell and Gabriell Anwar were also given much more screen time than usual and excelled with (for the record, Fionna is free to walk around in a bikini every episode, I won't mind). Tricia Helfer's excellent portrayal of Carla made this episode even better, and hopefully with Battlestar Galactica ending she can guest star even more.

But a really good episode and it's great to have this show back.
  • The show is based on a singular objective by a small group of people. Seeing as the moment they solve the burn notice, the show will be over. They have to find some way to make it interesting without revealing too much.

When I saw the first episode of the season I felt it was just toying with the audience. "Look, Michael is going to find out about the burn notice, yeah... wait, he has to jump through some hoops. It's back to the same format he had with the FBI agents."

This episode almost feels like it was going to follow the same path. When he rescued Kenny from the attempted suicide, I felt like they just wanted to jump back into the same format. Thankfully, both his client-of-the-week story and his dealings with Carla was much more intense then the show had before.

In fact, once he picked up the brick and threw it into the MIB car window, that is when the story took a sharp turn for the better. He had a nice little conversation with Carla, where Michael exploded into a list of demands: brother out of jail, who tried to kill him, and his life back.

Seeing Carla eye him down revealed quite a lot, she is not sure exactly what Michael is capable of, and neither do we. In the last scene between the two, Michael even took note that his "danger level" went up a few ranks in her eyes.

The story with Kenny and his son was typical of Michael Weston, a kid who was messed with by the bad guys ticks him off. Especially in the case of medical false hope.

The story in this regard was also filled with surprises. They did a little of the spy infiltration thing, but for the most part they just portrayed themselves as vicious thugs. They returned to the interrogation method they did a few episodes ago and re-emphasized the whole "violence in interrogation doesn't work...it's the fear of violence."

Fiona blowing their cover was also a surprise. Usually the bad guy figures it out at some point, but here everything was going fine but Fiona just snapped and took a swing. I was a little unsure of the fanservice of Fiona and Rachel fighting in bikinis (it's not like the show has any shortage of either) but thankfully they didn't exploit it too far.

The fight between Sam and Mike was also a nice touch, only good friends can take a few swings at each other and then continue being friends. Sam also proved that he can trade blows with the best of them. It was also the boiling point where Mike started to recover from almost getting killed. It takes a good friend like Sam to do that for you.

Now, as far as the whole "figuring out the burn notice" story arc, I can deal with it being put on hold. They aren't teasing that Michael is going to find it by hunting down the guy that tried to kill him. This is more or less a revenge plot. It's something new, and Michael revealed that the most important thing to deal with any trama is to keep busy, have something to focus on. The longer the show is on, the better.
  • The Medical Cons

Good episode Michael and Fiona plays as con artist to try and get back a fathers 250 thousand dollars, to save his son life he need a heart transplant. Carla asks for Michael to come meet with him and ask questions if he had anything to do with the killing of the sniper and the setup. Carla ask Michael to find the culprits, and Fiona lost her boyfriend hehe because always running whenever Michael calls.