Burn Notice

Entry Point

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jul 15, 2010 on USA

• Entry Point

Six episodes, and two months in, but we finally got a really good episode of Burn Notice this season. From the hostage storyline that saw Sam and Michael on the other side of that for once, to the stealing of the sword, we had two enjoyable courses of action tonight on USA's best series.

Coby Bell, who plays Jesse has been upgraded to series star. I am not crazy about him, I think he looks like that guy from Criminal Minds, but I guess the producers thought the show needed to shake up.

I am sad that Kendra is gone and she was great in this episode. Her aggressive, clever style was the perfect complement to "the good guys" of this show.

Alan Dale, aka the guy who has appeared on every show in history, made his obligatory Burn Notice appearance as the man who was being conned. And in a Law and Order twist one of his own people tried to steal the sword. Not too bad Burn Notice, you even had me fooled. "I didn't see that one coming," as Fiona said.

Great episode tonight.
  • Jesse vs. Kendra was by far the epitome of the episode, I didn't really care too much about anything else. The way he manipulated it was beast.

Although, we get to see Michael Westen be well Michael Westen, I think seeing Jesse breakdown a hired cleaner was by far one of the best scenes throughout the fourth season. Coupled with Michael's voice overs and how they controlled her options was absolutely amazing. Kendra as an actor made the show that much more enjoyable and probably one of the more female characters in the show that has more of a die hard attitude to her. Michael's team hasn't really captured a "trained" killer before. I mean sure they have caught gangsters, mobsters, pimps and "bad people" but never someone especially trained in their same field. So it was a nice treat to see them break down an individual who is supposedly right on par with them.

Her character didn't bother me at all, Kendra played her role very well and honestly, she did it with tact. I would like to see more of her, maybe they can bring her back later on, but her versus Jesse was definitely, the truth. We have seen a great deal spy related work but never an interrogation in terms of a spy vs a highly intelligent assassin (basically a spy). This was a bold and excellent opportunity to exploit that, this is why I watch this show.

I can't wait to see more of what happens on the show this week.
  • Here's two thumbs up for both Kendra/Navi and Jesse/Colby.

Not an extensive review, but as both the Jesse and Kendra characters/actors are being slammed pretty badly here, I decided to post only to say that my opinion is VERY different. In fact, I found this site by searching for the actress' name who played Kendra, since I thought she was so interesting. Okay, and sexy as hell, too. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing her back. I hadn't watched Numbers, so didn't know her from that, so not sure if that made a difference. But I loved her.
    And given that the series is in its fourth season, I thought they did just fine in creating the Jesse story arc, along with the casting of the actor. When I fell in love with this show my biggest fear was that they wouldn't be able to sustain it. The Jesse subplot has given extra layers to the show, and Colby is very good. Our whole family is still loving every episode. Though now about to go into withdrawals as we've caught up with them all!
  • Finally! A Great Episode! Although I could do without Jesse...

I am a huge fan of this show - it's one of the few series that can make me laugh out loud - but this new season has really disappointed me. I was not fond of the idea of a new team mate, but I thought it might grow on me. Turns out, I really can't stand Jesse's character at all, and I don't like how he is changing the dynamic. With all that, I have to say I really loved this episode. I liked Jesse not being involved in all of the scenes, and seeing him finally start to take some direction instead of being an arrogant a$$ like he usually is. It was tough to swallow tough girl Kendra, especially after just "marathoning" the Numb3rs series in which she is beyond sweet and innocent, but she did do a pretty good job playing the part. Keep it up Burn Notice - give us some more action like the previous seasons and less Jesse!!
  • Kendra needs to go. Seriously.

As if the previous episode didn't feature enough of Kendra, she dominates a main plot arc in this installment. If it wasn't for the fact that she was clearly suffering and getting played in magnificent form by Jesse, I'm not sure I could have handled it. Navi Rawat is insufferable.

Hopefully, this episode is the end of her involvement with the story, as Team Westen seems to have all the information that they need to move on to her employers. And it served the purpose of demonstrating Jesse's value to the team, bringing him more into the fold. This is good because it continues to change up the dynamic, and because it also means that it will be all the more painful when Jesse learns the truth about his burn notice.

The other plot thread was a bit weak. While it's great to see Alan Dale in just about anything, who didn't figure out that it was Selina from the very beginning? I also wasn't thrilled with the client, who was just plain annoying most of the time. Not Kendra-level annoying, but not the kind of character I would look forward to seeing again.

Perhaps most notable about this episode was Gabrielle Anwar's wardrobe. Is this a normal thing for the show? If so, I'm not complaining. Between the sheer white top at the beginning and that blousy thing at the end, I no longer have to wonder what she looks like topless!
CW