Burn Notice Forums

USA (ended 2013)

Anson the new big bad

ltcomstella

[1]Nov 4, 2011
    • level: 17

I don't like him, the actor is super creepy, he is overly confident and is sicking to watch with how 'smart he is'

if mike is to beat him the writers had better have their thinking caps on, as the previous baddies have been fairly easy to dispatch and they thought the where untouchable.

how can you beat someone who holds all the cards and can see '5' moves ahead and is well connected ?

so far i only see alame stupid plot developement that is ultimatly boils down to a noobish mistake

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[2]Nov 5, 2011
    • level: 12

Yeah I'm with you on this and while I don't recall it being explicitly stated,it goes without saying that Hansen has some sort of M.A.D. contingency in place and the only way out of his grip is to neutralize that but I just don't see him giving up anything that could be used against him and going their usual route of finding someone with a grude against him who knows a great deal about him or using someone close to him,these things don't seem like viable options

ltcomstella

[3]Nov 11, 2011

as of s05e14 anson has a special antenna for communication which sam and fi found ( fallout is expected)

and mike has gone to the cia to use the malware, ( he should of made a copy of some of the files imo)

nightghaunt

[4]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 8

Yeah I've got to agree with you. Anson is just fraking annoying! And not in a good, oh this bad guy is cool and I want to smack him, kind of way. But in a, this character is just TOO smug & cocky and TOO much of a know-it-all smart-ass and I just want to smack him but I can't so I'll just watch something else, kind of way.

But what I really don't get is, isn't Fi ALREADY kind of known criminal? I mean she's been like an IRA terrorist or something hasn't she? A person like that, not to mention spies like Michael and Sam, know how to disappear. So why would the "evidence" Anson has really be all that big of a deal?

I don't know, I could very easily see Michael just taking Hansen out the next time he see's him and then sending Fi into hiding... and probably going with her. Problem solved. I mean... haven't they BEEN in hiding the whole damn show? Whats the problem? So Fi would have law enforcement agencies after her, big deal... Michael has had pretty much EVERYONE after him for most of the show.

eric770

[5]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 4

I get the concept of introducing a "bigger & Badder" villain, and I even enjoy the extra little spice this character introduces with the character development of adding Mike's mother's sessions into the mix (which seems to really bother Mike a great deal!). I for one enjoy the on the edge, sort of darker Mike at times. Like the time he shot the guy in the chest without hesitation, because he was trying to get rid of Fiona a few seasons ago! I can see this thing eventually playing out like that, and I hope it does! I just don't want to see an endless shuffle of people holding the strings each new seasons, let's mix it up a bit. I'm a fan and the only thing that has ever made me question that status is the hint that they were going to have Fi and Jessie create a love triangle a few seasons ago (I would have been gone!). The new guy is getting on my nerves with the control that he has for now, but that could change soon, and I'm hoping that this does not last the entire season with him having this amount of power over our favorite burned spy!

ltcomstella

[6]Nov 18, 2011

ep 15. PLOT HOLES !

anson has not yet shown any knowledge of the teams actions on finding his base of ops, know he blows up maddy's 'fake' bf ? is this his way of saying i found out ?

or

did he get what he wanted from him and since he didn't 'check in' on time he figured mike knew

as for fi she has been a bad girl with the ira but is in hiding since that irish nutjob spilt the beans about her working with mike (a american spy) she can't go back and since then shes been clever enough never to leave enough evidence of her involvement.

ltcomstella

[7]Dec 2, 2011

episode 5x16

Anson has really gone to town on mikes ass !

he knew a good side ofmikes father and had him killed ?!!!

mike asked for a favour to help beatriz and now sam is royally screwed ??!!

wow a really great episode but i hope the end of anson is going to be soon and painfull a few bullets seems to easy...

haldrey

[8]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 22
    In episode 5 16 Fiona had Ansen in the cross-hairs, she should have taken the shot. I hope they do not end the season having Ansen as a good guy.

aktarian

[9]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 5

What is interesting is that Anson is doing to Mike what Mike & friends are doing to bad guys time and time again. Anticipating their moves (FBI), learning their weaknesses (sessions with Mike's parents, Mike's feeling for Fiona) and blocking it, making situation worse with every attempt to turn the tables.

aktarian

[10]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 5

haldrey wrote:
    In episode 5 16 Fiona had Ansen in the cross-hairs, she should have taken the shot. I hope they do not end the season having Ansen as a good guy.

I'm pretty sure he has some sort of "dead man's switch", if something happens to him evidence against Fiona is sent to police. And Mike expects him to have it as well.

robbiefrostt12

[11]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 1

Jere burns is a pretty good actor. You need to have a villain that you can't wait for to get what he deserves. I guess you're the type of person that prefers a likeable villain. You don't like that anson has all the cards & Michael has to figure out the best way to beat this guy. The only way this show can seriously last much longer is by making tge villains smarter as time goes on. Otherwise the show will be over soon

ltcomstella

[12]Dec 9, 2011

For a show that has always had bad guys who are fun and entertaining to watch 'anson' imo just isn't,as he's nasty, slimey, get's under my skin and litterally shows no weakness and never pulls punches.

yet now all of a sudden mike is getting dirt on him, i did see an old foe coming back to help few epsagoand we now have proof i won't give the name here.

i'm still seeing a rather lame conclusion to this, so if anson is as smart as is claimed he will find out about mikes new friend and have them dealt with, like he did with madelyns bf.

CrazyAsian1080

[13]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 7

I still don't understand what he has on Fi? A recording of her saying I killed them? Is that it? Also, is there a reason no one trusts Pierce or the CIA or FBI? How has the solution not been LOOK, THIS GUY IS EVIL HE RAN THE EVIL ORGANIZATION THAT BURNED ME LETS GO GET HIM OR YEAH HE FRAMED FI IM SURE THE CIA, or some other alphabet agency could work with MI6 to NOT arrest Fi!!!

ltcomstella

[14]Dec 16, 2011

anson lives to fight in to next seasonwith yet another helper....

ltcomstella

[15]Jul 27, 2012

spoilers !!

anson dies from a random sniper and in the process takes nate out..

plus he resorts to using a ho to get his kit off rachel

who the fuck thinks up this convulted garbage ??

BTRAV

[16]Aug 22, 2012
    • level: 27
    I don't know whose idea it was. Jere showed up in an episode of Psych back in season 3, I think, playing pretty much the same character (exccept a little less slimy since he only had one episode to do anything).

w4u

[17]Aug 23, 2012
    • level: 53

Unexpected.

***SPOILER***