Burn Notice Forums

USA (ended 2013)

Burn Notice Q&A thread

aktarian

[1]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 5

The more I watch this show the more one thing bugs me. when Micheal is burned he can't access his money meaning he is broke. Yet he doesn't seem to have any visible money problem. He can afford rent, can afford all sorts of gadgets etc etc. He doesn't charge much to his "clients" (if at all). If he had some black fund with money from past operations I'm sure he would mention it.

any thoughts?

Edited: Repurposed thread (original title "How does Michael get by?")
    Edited on 09/07/2007 6:06am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bexxman

[2]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 1
    This is the point of the show, he gets a few bucks from helping people out, also he got a lot of dough from the money found in the speed boat Anyway is it holiday season in the US as I have not been able to DL a new episode for 2 weeks

cfenn2010

[3]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 6
    Well...he gets a couple thousand bucks (if not more) for every job he does, and if he doesn't accept the (extra) money, the clients always have already paid for the main expenses of the job anyway. I'm guessing rent isn't that much based on the fact that he's not supposed to be there--remember, first episode: Oleg-"and if anyone asks"--Michael: "Yeah, I got it, I snuck in." I'm assuming he only feeds himself (there's really not much in the fridge, have you noticed?). And with Mother in town to loan stuff (like the car), Fi and Sam for support (they each have their own places...well, Fiona does...), I'd say he's in pretty good shape.

steveuk2010

[4]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 7
    he gets money off the side jobs he does and didnt he help the landlord out and got free rent for so long in an earlier ep.

shocker713

[5]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 21
    bexxman wrote:
    This is the point of the show, he gets a few bucks from helping people out, also he got a lot of dough from the money found in the speed boat Anyway is it holiday season in the US as I have not been able to DL a new episode for 2 weeks

Not a holiday...at least, not a real holiday. US Open Tennis, one of two times per year (the other being the Westminster Dog Show) when USA network suspends pretty much all other primetime programming (Psych, Monk, The 4400, WWE Raw, Burn Notice, Law & Order reruns, etc.) to show sports so painful to watch that ESPN2 won't even air them.

So basically, the reason you haven't been able to download an episode for 2 weeks is because there were no new episodes for 2 weeks.

brooklyndonjohn

[6]Sep 20, 2007
    first,of all this show rocks!!! second of all the time-line some what off by like one year and six or seven months do to the fact they Michale's,father die eight years ago and his tombstone said,1998 the reason it looks like he doesn't,have a money problem is he get the biggest cut of the money found in the boat third of all i would really i mean really love to see Michael T. Weiss as a bad guy or maybe even the mastermind who had him burned i think the first season didn't really tell us anything but presenting us with great Characters and a great way to kill a hour

MorsDeContactus

[7]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    In the Pilot, Oleg says rent is $200/month, and on the 3rd episode, he gets 4 months free. He usually get the money from his clients up front, plus the couple bricks he took from the boat.

scc1fan

[8]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 51
    brooklyndonjohn wrote:
    first,of all this show rocks!!! second of all the time-line some what off by like one year and six or seven months do to the fact they Michale's,father die eight years ago and his tombstone said,1998 the reason it looks like he doesn't,have a money problem is he get the biggest cut of the money found in the boat third of all i would really i mean really love to see Michael T. Weiss as a bad guy or maybe even the mastermind who had him burned i think the first season didn't really tell us anything but presenting us with great Characters and a great way to kill a hour

Having Michael T. Weiss guest star would be awesome! I'd really like to see that, but Michael is pretty busy with his theater work right now. Still though...I wouldn't complain if he dropped in!

Kas

MorsDeContactus

[9]Oct 6, 2007
    Do anyone have any idea who makes the dress Fi wear in Episode 2 - Identity, towards the beginning? It's the one she's wearing when Michael finds her in his apartment and at the print shop. I love it, and I can't find it anywhere.

dancecutiee55

[10]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    does anyone know if Burn Notice is really shot in Miami, FL?

ali_tv_fan

[11]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    dancecutiee55 wrote:
    does anyone know if Burn Notice is really shot in Miami, FL?

Yes it is

Nashirathena

[12]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 14
    aktarian wrote:

The more I watch this show the more one thing bugs me. when Micheal is burned he can't access his money meaning he is broke. Yet he doesn't seem to have any visible money problem. He can afford rent, can afford all sorts of gadgets etc etc. He doesn't charge much to his "clients" (if at all). If he had some black fund with money from past operations I'm sure he would mention it.

any thoughts?

Edited: Repurposed thread (original title "How does Michael get by?")

He doesn't charge them much for what he's doing - if that type of job would normally cost 50,000, he does it for 25,000 - still a lot of money. Add in all the people who pay in trade and all the different ways Michael knows to make bombs and the like for just 30 bucks at the hardware store, and its not so hard. Plus, with his connections, there's probably a lot of dinners 'on the house'.

anticrime14

[13]Mar 8, 2009

Hi I am anticrime14 and I don't really follow Burn Notice as much as I want to. But I was wondering what is going to happen now after this season finale? Does anybody know? Is the show getting closer to end or what? Is Mike's family alright, and what ever happen to Mike's brother?

DAS52

[14]Mar 9, 2009
    I am a fan of Burn Notice and also I am a fan of Patagonia's Pataloha shirts. I thought I saw Sam wearing a Pataloha shirt 2 different times on the show. Does anyone know if in fact he is wearing those shirts. Patagonia didn't know so thought I might be able to find out here. Thanks to anyone w/ an answer.

TesserT

[15]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 76
    DAS52 wrote:
    I am a fan of Burn Notice and also I am a fan of Patagonia's Pataloha shirts. I thought I saw Sam wearing a Pataloha shirt 2 different times on the show. Does anyone know if in fact he is wearing those shirts. Patagonia didn't know so thought I might be able to find out here. Thanks to anyone w/ an answer.
    Sam has worn the following short sleeved shirts on Burn Notice:

-Tommy Bahama (shirt names: Billionaire's Paradise, Saki Maki, Birds Gone Wild, Just Coasting, Zenter of the Universe, Havana Palm, Pele Palm Camp Silk, Tech Tac Toe, Lucky Bamboo, Sunday Siesta, Slam Dunk)
    -Tori Richards (Big & Tall Tropical Living shirt)
    -Indigo Palms (Fairfield Solid shirt)
    -Ted Baker (Sabint shirt)

You can find all of these on the USA SHOP Burn Notice page. Some of the Tommy Bahama's are similar to the Patagonia Pataloha shirts. If Sam did wear them, they aren't credited anywhere.

yoco007

[16]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 10
    Hy! I just wanna ask if anybody knows the track that starts in season 2 episode 2 at 38min?

mwgfgrey

[17]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 5
    Hey although this site's probably not as well known as amazon and the glasses may not be the official ones, I saw this on google and you could save a lot of money: http://sunglassshack.com/items/movie~tv-sunglasses/Burn-Notice-TV-Show-Michael-Westen-Celebrity-Sunglasses-detail.htm They also have some glasses from season 2.

vishus1990

[18]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 15
    anticrime14 wrote:

Hi I am anticrime14 and I don't really follow Burn Notice as much as I want to. But I was wondering what is going to happen now after this season finale? Does anybody know? Is the show getting closer to end or what? Is Mike's family alright, and what ever happen to Mike's brother?

well a new season is starting today(season 3 that is), and im guessing we find out. definately watch it on a regular basis, otherwise its not as interesting.

MISSJESSY4U

[19]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    hi i was wondering if any one can tell me the song, and who it by, that was playing in one of the season 3 previews?

cfenn2010

[20]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    MISSJESSY4U wrote:
    hi i was wondering if any one can tell me the song, and who it by, that was playing in one of the season 3 previews?

Give me a link to the preview or a couple lyrics of the song, and I can probably figure it out