Burn Notice Forums

USA (ended 2013)

Have no fear...Burn Notice WILL be renewed

JBsVeryBadDay

[1]Sep 29, 2012
    • level: 6

Have no fear...Burn Notice WILL be renewed for a 7th season. I can say this with almost dead certainty.

When a show has been on the air as long as Burn Notice has, it's safe to assume that no news is good news.

Several factors contribute to the conclusion that there will be a seventh season.

1) They've reached an agreement to film in the convention center for one more year "should the show be renewed." They wouldn't have gone to the trouble of reaching such an agreement if a renewal was unlikely.

2) Most of the major stars have said that they want to return.

3) Jeffrey Donovan has thanked fans for "making season 6 the most watched." Very good sign.

4) The BIGGEST factor that points to a seventh season is, as I said, no news is good news. Once a show has been on the air as long as Burn Notice, it is unlikely that the network would cancel the show without allowing them to do a proper sendoff, a proper series finale with events leading up to it. Granted, there are some exceptions (I'm looking at you, Law & Order, but even in that case, Law & Order was not a serialized show the way that Burn Notice is). However, even if, God forbid, Season 7 were a shortened season to give them such a sendoff, USA has, from what I've seen, done a good job of advertising that a show will be entering a final season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickylucas

[2]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 23

Prediction: 13 episode seventh season.

kcee

[3]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 2
    well at the moment, as long as it don't include Riley I'll be happy. I thought she overdoes it a bit too much for me. Like a female William Shatner (well maybe not that bad!)

McTrooperNow

[4]Dec 20, 2012
    I love this show and it's still entertaining, but it's got to stop soon for the sake of believability. I can only suspend my disbelief so far. I was kind of thinking the Ansin (sp?) story line was going to be the end of the show.
    Mike got all the guy's that burned him. How many layers can they keep adding to the story? It seems like everything is wrapping up. Maybe a few years after it's properly ended / not renewed they could do a reunion special where something makes the whole team come together. Jessy could say "We're getting the band back together." Because Blues Brothers references are awesome ^_^ Heck maybe Fiona could say, "Okay, but if Princes Leia comes after us with a rocket launcher I'm out of hear." (Feel free to steal this if anyone wants to make a fan fic.)

mwgfgrey

[5]Dec 21, 2012
    • level: 5

McTrooperNow wrote:
    I love this show and it's still entertaining, but it's got to stop soon for the sake of believability. I can only suspend my disbelief so far. I was kind of thinking the Ansin (sp?) story line was going to be the end of the show. Mike got all the guy's that burned him. How many layers can they keep adding to the story? It seems like everything is wrapping up. Maybe a few years after it's properly ended / not renewed they could do a reunion special where something makes the whole team come together. Jessy could say "We're getting the band back together." Because Blues Brothers references are awesome ^_^ Heck maybe Fiona could say, "Okay, but if Princes Leia comes after us with a rocket launcher I'm out of hear." (Feel free to steal this if anyone wants to make a fan fic.)

I completely agree. After Tom Card was killed, I thought it was over and then Riley came in and I was like "Ugh. Really? Another big wig?" I honestly loved the way it ended. I was like "Finally" Hope I'm right.

aktarian

[6]Dec 22, 2012

This show is getting played out. Anson storyline was interesting but I think they went off the rails with Card/Rilley storylines. F/A-18 strike in Panama was idiotic. Do you have any idea how much cover up that would require, from pilot to carrier crew. CIA loves their drones so why not use that one instead. But now Michael is back at the CIA. Oh joy. That's what, second time he returned? So in S07 his team will work for CIA then some baddie will show up (again!), frame them (again!) and they'll have to (again!) run and hide, trying to (again!) uncover the plot and bring baddie down while helping people in troubles. Once that is resolved it's back to CIA's good graces. Then repeat.

Honestly I think S06 should have been last season with Anson being taken down and so removing last remains of group that burned Michael. Then wrap it up, give it some decent closure and end the show. But instead they'll just drag the show on and on, bringing in worse and worse plots until the show becomes a parody of its early self.

IanHaze

[7]Dec 28, 2012

Nice one on the wishfull thinking, but you haven't proven shit.

All kinds of shows get cancelled between seasons.

MatthewRaiche

[8]Mar 12, 2013
    [QUOTE="IanHaze

All kinds of shows get cancelled between seasons.

[/QUOTE]

That has been sadly true of many a good show, but it seems to only happen in the first few seasons. It seems like if a show manages to get a fourth season, it will be allowed to conclude.

WWSista

[9]Mar 31, 2013
    • level: 25

Just watched the combined Season 6, Episode 17 and 18 arc, and at the end it showed a clip with a voice over saying after all they've been through, is this the end? Then it said all new season starting next summer. So like any good journalist, I did a little more digging. This is the proving link.

http://sharetv.org/shows/burn_notice?gclid=CLPmp8vOprYCFSunPAodpH0AVg

Even though many of the story arcs have shared similar themes, I enjoy the characters, and the writing and action has always remained top notch. Watching Fiona break down at the end of 6X18 broke my heart. Whatever the team faces, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Thanks gang! Clair

MingyaoToh

[10]May 7, 2013

Heroes?