Burn Notice Forums

USA (ended 2013)

they need to renew this show already for a 7th season

SLAMMIN23

[1]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 14

i hope this show goes on for years yet the ratings are very high what is usa waiting for they need to renew it for several more seasons

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jim856796

[2]Jul 27, 2012
    On 26 July 2012, there was a report stating that the City of Miami notified the cast and crew of the TV series Burn Notice that they can't stay another year at the makeshift studio at the former Coconut Grove Convention Centre. There was a master plan involving tearing down the Convention Centre for a proposed park. It also hinted that Season 7 may be the final season for the series. Production for season 7 may end up moving to a different location in the Miami area. Any such move would cost over US$1 million.

MatthewRaiche

[3]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 5

As much as I like this show, it's not thetype of show that really can go on for a very long time. Like "Breaking Bad," they're going to have to wrap up the story.

Besides, the quality has already gone down a little, in my opinion. I liked the show more when it was funny and they made an effort to get the bad guys caught, not killed. Now it's starting to get too grim.

Nickylucas

[4]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 23

The ratings have been very good this season. Burn Notice was USA's number 1 show this summer. We haven't heard any news about the Coconut Grove situation, but allowing Burn Notice to stay for one or two more years and wrap up the show is what fans are hoping for. Matt Nix, the creator of the show, has said that Season 6 brings a lot of possibilities into the show's future and that he definitely has ideas for more seasons.

As far as whether or not the show has maintained quality over the years, I think it is only starting to get really good. I liked the days when BN was funny too, but the main plot has always interested me more and this show has had some pretty intense episodes, even in the early seasons. Anyway, this season has been my favorite so far and I am very happy with the way the writers are taking it.

ltcomstella

[5]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 18

matt nixhas more idea's?

every increasing stupid lame ones that copy and paste spy action movies and adding in more conspiracy theories about evil corporations... oh wait....

season 6 anson gets blown away as does nate and now some super sniper guy is behind it ?

midseason finalle implies serious kahonas if more black op grunts, jet fighters and booms so is he now talking a a few leaves out of metal gear soilid by which i mean the vice/president is actually behind it...

Jim856796

[6]Aug 17, 2012
    Production of Burn Notice will remain at the makeshift studio at the Coconut Grove Center for another year. A compromise is that the show's production crew will pay a higher rent than before: $450,000 up from $240,000, and they have agreed to vacate at the end of its newly extended lease. It is stated that if the city wants to keep the production in town, it had better make good on its promises to develop bigger and better TV and movie production studios before this time next year. Still, USA has yet to renew BN for season 7.

aktarian

[7]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 5

MatthewRaiche wrote:

As much as I like this show, it's not thetype of show that really can go on for a very long time. Like "Breaking Bad," they're going to have to wrap up the story.

Besides, the quality has already gone down a little, in my opinion. I liked the show more when it was funny and they made an effort to get the bad guys caught, not killed. Now it's starting to get too grim.

I agree. The quality has been declining for past two seasons with last one looking like people are just going through the motions. Sometimes episodes are so stupid one has to wonder who is writting them. And it's becoming formulaic. Michael & co. try to catch bad-guy-of-the-week, fail, regroup, rethink, do it again and succeed. Anson looked like to be promising arch enemy, being always one step ahead of Michael. Then whole Fiona-in-prison thing is handled so lamely, her being former IRA terrorist is handwaived away, Anson is killed, Pierce removed.With Anson out of the picture they need a new conspiracy plot and another story arch so Michael is betrayed for God knows what reasons.

Plus they keep falling back on old jokes, which were lame to begin with, such as two inept CIA operatives. And at least in one of earlier season they tried to have local police involved, investigating their activities. But now they continue to shoot and blow their way through Miami and police, FBI, ATF..... just ignores them.

I think this show should wrap up with this season and if rest of the season is not already shot the shot give it some decent conclusion. Call it quits before entire show becomes a parody of itself.

Nickylucas

[8]Aug 27, 2012
    • level: 23

I don't see how the quality is off this season. I didn't like Season 5 very much, but I am really enjoying things this year. It is far from becoming a parody of itself.