Burn Notice Forums

USA (ended 2013)

Tips throughout the show

Aku-Itachi

[1]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 3

I looked around the boards and havnt found anywhere on any boards a list of Michael's tips. Throughout the series he narrates and we get little "tips" from him, either about creating bombs or just how to take out "big guys with big guns". I was thinking we can start a thread where you post your favorite tip, unless there is a list somewhere out there already.

I'll go first:

When you want to get information out of someone, give them a few drinks, but make sure you can bring someone that can hold his liquor.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

justinwestnet

[2]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 17
    haha great post. i can't think of any off the top of my head but that's what i love about the show: his spy tips. he makes it seem so obvious!

vishus1990

[3]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 15
    cant pick just one, but I cant think of any that werent "cool". All of them are great in my opinion.

ilovemyDVR

[4]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 10

vishus1990 wrote:
    cant pick just one, but I cant think of any that werent "cool". All of them are great in my opinion.

I think the tips are a really great part of the show. I checked out the Ask a Spy section on the USA website and it has like tons of really great tips, I kind of love it! it is definietly worth checking out.

vishus1990

[5]Jun 25, 2008
    ilovemyDVR wrote:

vishus1990 wrote:

I think the tips are a really great part of the show. I checked out the Ask a Spy section on the USA website and it has like tons of really great tips, I kind of love it! it is definietly worth checking out.

cheers for the link, not a bad site.

Peregrine_Kloor

[6]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 6

wonderful isn't it all you have to do to learn how to be a spy is watch too much tv

McTrooperNow

[7]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 6

Yeah I love the Ask a Spy tips from USA's website. I hope they make more of those during season 2.

Okay here is a tip. From the pilot:

When you're being watched, what you need is contrast - a background that will make the surveillance stand out.

An FBI field office is full of guys in their forties. At most South Beach business hotels, it would be tough to tell which middle-aged white guy was watching you.

So you stay in the place where everyone is a jello shot away from alcohol poisoning. If you see someone who can walk a straight line, that's the fed.

--------

When you work solo, it's about prepping the ground. Home-court advantage counts for a lot.

You never know what's going to happen. You prepare for everything.

Most bad guys expect you to just sit there and wait for them like those are the rules or something.

Edited on 07/01/2008 10:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ilovemyDVR

[8]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    vishus1990 wrote:
    ilovemyDVR wrote:

vishus1990 wrote:

cheers for the link, not a bad site.

No Problem! I think the website is pretty fabulous they have all kinds of games and video clips with interviews and what not! That is one of my favorite things about USA is how thorough there website is. Also McTrooperNow you know they are going to keep up with the new tips this season its like a staple in the show, Michael loves giving those

-Trouble-

[9]Jul 10, 2008
    In a fight you need to be carefull that you don't break your hands. That why a bathroom is perfect: lot's of hard surfaces