Burn Notice

Hot Spot

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 29, 2009 on USA

• yawn. this series has been losing its edge.

This episode was very predictable, and really not interesting. I'm getting tired of them taking the clients to the mom's house every time, and watching her chain smoke all over the place. The actress's acting skills and all the characters actually seem wasted on the show these days with writing that just doesn't inspire or even entertain much. Sam Axe is written as just a boring cliche, the main story line is more or less the same week after week,...& I find I just can't care whether Michael and Fi get together or not when Michael's character doesn't really doesn't exhibit anything that looks to me like true passion and interest in her other than as an operative - and she seems somewhat pathetic to keep hanging around waiting for him to change. The scenes where they are trying to make it seem like they have something between them are the most unbelievable and weak on the show in my opinion. I really like Fi's character a lot though! I wish they could make the emotional/relationship dynamics more interesting and believable. I think they better get Fi hooked up with someone she really loves that loves her. And let's have Michael do the same. And have the mother quit smoking (because she evolves as a person), and let's have Sam do something shocking and not be such a lapdog. And get to the bottom of the burn notice and turn the tables on Carla soon.